No audio on Media Classic Player but I got audio via Real Player

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
On most files, when I play via Media Classic Player, there is audio. The files are a mix of wmv or RM. When I play some RM file via Media Classic Player, I got no audio. So I switch back to Real Player to play that same file, and I got audio.

I use the default setting.

Any idea why?

For the sake of humanity, uninstall Real Player and cleanse your system of anything having to do with it.

Then, install this and set MPC-HC to use it. Update MPC to the newest MPC-HC from here.

EDIT, the MPC-HC link is down (happens occasionally) but check back later. Its the only place to get the continually updated builds of MPC-HC. The vanilla MPC is dead, don't use it.

MPC (hopefully MPC-HC in this case) doesn't have full support for all RealMedia files. You still have to have some Real codecs installed, either from the official software or from an alternative like Real Alternative. That should fix your issue.

thanks. I don't like REal Player at all. But I am stuck w/ it due to some of the RM files in my computer. So I'll give the above a try.

thanks. I don't like REal Player at all. But I am stuck w/ it due to some of the RM files in my computer. So I'll give the above a try.

You're not stuck with it. Delete it and install Real Alternative that I linked you to above. Its a filter/codec you will set MPC-HC to use.

Attention!

You get the not stable version of the program!

I went to that web site. Eventually I see the above and I stopped.

Is there another link?

Silly Russians. All they do is compile whatever is in the SVN. It doesn't matter if it's compiled by them or by one of the project admins @ sourceforge.net. It's still the same package. If you really don't want a 'non-stable' build, get r908 from sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc. However, do note that the latest revision is something like 1153 which contains a fair amount of bug fixes and additions (and bugs, haha).

Someone still uses Real Player?

Why?

For the sake of humanity, uninstall Real Player and cleanse your system of anything having to do with it.

Then, install this and set MPC-HC to use it. Update MPC to the newest MPC-HC from here.

EDIT, the MPC-HC link is down (happens occasionally) but check back later. Its the only place to get the continually updated builds of MPC-HC. The vanilla MPC is dead, don't use it.

Agreed.

Realplayer

Burn it with fire and when you think its dead, burn the fucking thing again just to make sure, then use real alt if you REALLY have to use rm files.

I don't even like RM file. But these are RM files that are in achieve and the other side chose to use RM file. I prefer WMV files, as so far, there is no screw up

Back