No aspect scaling on LG L246WP?

johnnysd

Limp Gawd
I am interested in the LG L246WP but it does not seem to have an aspect scaling mode like the 241. Is this true? Would be a deal breaker for me if it does not

If I go with the 241, does the 241VW have aspect scaling like the W and WZ? Does the VW have the same panel as W and WZ?

It has 1:1 scaling if you so desire. So you can play a game that doesn't support widescreen resolutions at 1600x1200 and get the same result if it had correct aspect scaling.

If you have an Nvidia graphics card then there is a good chance (under XP) that the Nvidia build in correct aspect scaling will work for you. The chances improve with Vista.

It has 1:1 scaling if you so desire. So you can play a game that doesn't support widescreen resolutions at 1600x1200 and get the same result if it had correct aspect scaling.

If you have an Nvidia graphics card then there is a good chance (under XP) that the Nvidia build in correct aspect scaling will work for you. The chances improve with Vista.

Any way to check that the Nvidia scaling will work?

Well, for me it doesn't work under XP. For other it works. That is Nvidia drivers issue.
On the other hand when I run Vista, it works.

The monitor on its own when connected to a PC, it cannot do correct aspect scaling, it needs the graphics card to be able to do it, and then you have the above situation with the drivers, for some people they work, for some they don't.

But, if you want to not use VGA or DVI/HDMI to connect for example to a game console with the component connection, then and only then, the monitor allows native correct aspect scaling. So, my guess is that the monitor technicaly it can, but LG has disabled it for the other connections, and no, I don't know why.

Back