no achi option in bios?

Discussion in 'Intel MoBos' started by zalazin, Apr 3, 2016.

1. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

fired up an old machine 2008 msi-7528 mobo with q6600 and 4gb of ddr2, threw in a Nvidia gt-740 and 240 sandisk ssd, This is for me to play lan games with my grand daughter (shes 9 years old and likes left for dead type games.) In bios there is only options for sata and Ide controllers I disabled the ide but no options for mode type in Sata and a raid option is there but only has 1 setting IDE and it is not changeble. There is a 3 in the start data field in current control set for msachi. The Chipset in device manager is Intel N10/ICH7 Family Sata Storage Controller-27C0. Also there is one option in bios pci Busmaster its on now but should I disable it? Sytem is Win 7 64 bit. Trim is working according to Trimcheck. I tried using alt f1 ctrl f1 for hiddem menus but nothing, Am I stuck in ide mode? Thanks for any info......

2. 0ptional

0ptional Don't Trust Your Friends with Your Decanter

Here's a thread that pertains to you: SSD on Intel ICH7 and TRIM

Know that the ICH7 does not officially support AHCI/Trim, but IDE mode "enhanced" or "compatibility" might allow for it to work. The second page has more tests/specifics.

3. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

The machine runs okay it's not my main rig I can live wit it limitations at least trim works. haha.. Grand kId will like it.....

4. Rav3n

Rav3n Gawd

Yea on that machine you likely are not missing much by running the SSD in IDE mode. It would be fine.