NO 6800GTs anyone know any secret hidden underground vendors?

Dyslexic

Limp Gawd
I'm just trying to help a buddy find a 6800GT and no luck. Anyone got a link for me? :D

You mean like someone who has a case of GT's that *accidentally fell out of the back of a truck* and is selling them on the cheap? Not gonna happen with thousands of e-bay addicts that apparently have unlimited credit. :rolleyes:

id try best buy stoped by the one in bham tonight and they had just gotten 4 6800gt and 8 6800 nu 128meg cards all bfg flavors

AlwaysAngryGuy said:
That's a GT not an Ultra. Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case, you phrased that wrong :p
oops... I was confused by the Ultra in the name, but now I see the GT... looks like that mwave deal is better then...

"Gainward PowerPack! Ultra/2400 Golden Sample GeForce 6800 GT AGP 8X 256MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI Retail"

About finding a 6800GT: I've been the luckiest guy in the galaxy!!! Note that I live in Belgium where new hardware is expensive and hard to come by and even in Germany, all 6800's are "out of stock" or indicated as "arrives possibly in august". This is how it went:

Saturday evening: I order an Aopen 6800GT AEOLUS (you can call that a tongue twister), together with an AMD 3500+ and mobo etc (rig see sig).

Store is closed on sunday and monday.

Tuesday morning: I get a phonecall from the store "Sir, your parts have arrived. Please drop by and pick them up.". I was like WTF!!! :eek: I couldn't believe it until next day when my gf picked up the stuff and told me over the phone that it REALLY was a 6800GT like I ordered. I was expecting to have to wait until the end of august reading messages about "when/where will I find a 6800GT" on this forum. DOOMIII pre-order here I come! (will get that on thursday the 12th, one day before the European release). :cool:

Keon said:
About finding a 6800GT: I've been the luckiest guy in the galaxy!!! Note that I live in Belgium where new hardware is expensive and hard to come by and even in Germany, all 6800's are "out of stock" or indicated as "arrives possibly in august". This is how it went:

Saturday evening: I order an Aopen 6800GT AEOLUS (you can call that a tongue twister), together with an AMD 3500+ and mobo etc (rig see sig).

Store is closed on sunday and monday.

Tuesday morning: I get a phonecall from the store "Sir, your parts have arrived. Please drop by and pick them up.". I was like WTF!!! :eek: I couldn't believe it until next day when my gf picked up the stuff and told me over the phone that it REALLY was a 6800GT like I ordered. I was expecting to have to wait until the end of august reading messages about "when/where will I find a 6800GT" on this forum. DOOMIII pre-order here I come! (will get that on thursday the 12th, one day before the European release). :cool:
Wow...even Canadians can't find any 6800's for sale. :eek: :p

dmierzwa said:
Anyone know how Gainward's cards are? Do they have a decent reputation?

From what I've seen from the brand history, they usually offer highly overclockable cards, but reliability/quality control sometimes is not as good as say eVGA or BFG. For instance, when they first released their 6800 Ultras, the entire first batch was flashed with the wrong bios and barely worked at all. This is something that should have been caught in QC.

I've got an unopened retail BFG 6800GT that I would be willing to part with (I was going to return it anyway). My 9800pro is performing too well to justify replacing it currently. PM me if you're intersted.

tranCendenZ said:
From what I've seen from the brand history, they usually offer highly overclockable cards, but reliability/quality control sometimes is not as good as say eVGA or BFG. For instance, when they first released their 6800 Ultras, the entire first batch was flashed with the wrong bios and barely worked at all. This is something that should have been caught in QC.

Woah.....that would be a bit of a problem now wouldn't it? :p I'm thinking of the 6800 GT - at $410, it doesn't seem like a bad deal (mwave.com).

Hey Guys, thanks for all the help, no luck yet, but hopefully a miracle will happen!!

I just can't believe some of the price hikes on some of those sites! Those SOB's. It's like gas prices or somethin.

Back