NNEDI3 Image Upscaling

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Does anyone know of a graphics program that allows you to resample images using NNEDI3? NNEDI3 is generally associated with video, but there's no reason it won't work with images (and it does, based on the images I've tried opening in MPC-HC with madVR and its NNEDI3 implementation active).

What kind of images do you need to upscale ?

I take it you need something that can take higher resolution images than mpc-hc, else you would just use that, but is it a bunch of old photo's or is it for photo's you take from now on?
Is there movement in the images (like photo's of moving people/cars, or is it for still images ?

If for still images, that you take now, you can use image averaging (where you take a bunch of shots of the same scene, and then stack them, I'm using ImageMagick for that), and I get pretty good results with 640x480 images taken with a cheap $10 webcam, upscaled 2 or 4 times.

Your post is a little vague to what you actually need and what you've tried so far, you are probably aware of SuperResolution, if not, go read about it. :D

Back