Nixeus Vue 27" ISP Display 2560*1440

Yamakasi price goes up. It's just temporary. It won't last long.

Orly? The multi-input Korean Ebays have been priced $400+ for the past 3 months since I started looking.

Seems to be in stock at Comp-U-Plus http://www.compuplus.com/ps-products-comboid-1181~.html?track=catSubcat

I thought it would only be in stock on Oct 9th, or is that only on Amazon?

From their website:
This item is a pre-order. Expected release date is Tuesday October 9, 2012.

UPDATE! Our first and second shipment has already sold out! The next batch will start shipping on 10/9. Orders yours now before we sell out! Quantities are limited.

These are Grade A panels so they are different than the Korean imports. Will some get or come with bad pixels, YES. Some of the Grade A+ panels do also. Each company has its own pixel warranty and Dell may take the monitor back, but they will sell it at a 'discount' and still make a profit.

The other people selling Yamakasi monitors on Amazon have raised their prices. The issue is that there is more competition for these panels now that a 'legitimate' seller has stepped up to market to a greater segment than just enthusiast. I also believe that many of the Korean panels to this point have been Grade A panels but now there is a buyer for Grade A panels so the panels that are left "Grade A-" will have more defects coming out of these cheaper Korean Suppliers.

Other issues where dollar value also comes in to play is not having to deal with ordering from overseas, hoping it gets here OK and you do not get ripped off. What we are dealing with is percieved value and I think Nixeus has done a good job at that. Their price will be going up also so that is why I am getting mine now.

I was an economics minor along with being a business major in undergrad. That is why I believe the way I do.

Hi OP,

I think I saw your review on Amazon for the Nixeus Vue! You wrote you are planning to calibrate your Nixeus Vues - have you calibrated them yet? If you have, would you care to share your calibration settings? Some of us don't have colormeters and it would be great if you can share your settings... thank-you in advance! :D

I have NOT gotten around to doing that yet and probably wont until after I get monitors #2 & #3. Probably sometime mid to late October. That will also give me time to find the Colorimeter lol, I have not had a reason to use it for a number of years.

ZeroH Limp Gawd, 6.5 Years
I don't get how buying a Nixeus assures you no dead/bright pixels... They're the same panel. You're basically paying about $100 more (than Overlord) for the same thing.
So far no one has reported any dead pixels. If anyone had them I am sure they would have been screaming , especially with a new product. These are Grade A panels, and I am not sure Overlord is selling grade A panels. However there is more to the price than just panels. It is also about the electronics and the warranty. Every company that sells monitors has a Pixel Policy. That means there is a potential for dead Pixels even in Grade A+ monitors.

Also, Nixeus monitors are made in China so the company doing the assembly could be testing panels they put in their monitors first, and then selling those that do not measure up to someone else or putting them in other products.

This is interesting: from the Overlord Site
“A Single Input. Who's Lagging?
A single DVI input and no OSD means minimal lag.
Not only will the screen real estate make it easy to spot that sniper across the map, the single DVI input and no OSD means your reflexes will be spot on for the head shot. Normal screens this size can introduce additional lag, but not the OC. Be confident in not only the increased number of pixels, but also in the fact you will see the enemy first.”
Is the supposed lag a function of the speed of the monitor or the fact that the monitor does not have On Screen Display(OSD) and/or multiple inputs. How many people can really take advantage of this low lag? How does not having a OSD convert to a persons reflexes? An old advertising trick is to exploit a “flaw” as an attribute. We have had OSD’s on monitors for a long time without it affecting lag time or our reflexes.

hanabie n00bie,
Yamakasi price goes up. It's just temporary. It won't last long.
Nixeus company is established longer than overlord. However, I'm just disgusted that they are jacking up the price. That's why I'm ordering from Overlord.
The $429/$449 from Nixeus was always stated as an introductory price. I personally am surprised that they did not go directly to $499 immediately after the first shipment sold out(and rather quickly I might add as well as the second shipment). Read post #36 and you will see that the laws of economics will prevail. I do not see the Yamakasi dropping in price. A new market has now been opened for Grade A panels and there are only so many panels left after the companies that are looking for Grade A+ have what they need.. Those graded as Grade A panels have found a new market so the better ones will be shipped to Nixeus and other companies that want to COMPETE for Grade A panels. The Grade A- panels will be fewer in number so if they are fewer in number you will most likely be guaranteed to get panels with defects because the good ones will be sorted out as Grade A panels. Therefore the actual price on the Korean monitors most likely will go up or stay the same, The real price on the Grade A- monitors(which combines the quality of the product) is higher because there is little to no chance of getting a Grade A panel at a reduced price(from a company that is basically trying to purchase and sell Grade A- panels), Ultimately each person has to then decide what he/she can live with. Personally. I have purchased 3 Nixeus monitors because I want the up-front ability to get Grade A panels for a phenomenal price.

I believe this same thing happened with the SOYO monitor a few years ago. They introduced a 24" 1920*1200 MVA panel at OfficeMax stores here in the US, the list price was $300 but I would get them on sale for $200-$250. After a couple of years they began to put TN panels into the monitors. I have no concrete evidence but I believe that they were using Grade A panels. That source dried up and they went to something which was a lesser panel. If you are interested see >>> SOYO 24" DYLM24D6 Official Thread in this forum http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1227542 . Started in 2007 it has almost 1500 entries and is a current topic.

Economics takes a number of things into account so it can be a bit counter-intuitive.

The Overlord panels are A grade and come from China as well... again, they use the same panel.

As for not seeing any reports of dead pixels.. I wonder how many people actually have a Nexius?

It's been proven that the OSD on the Multi-input monitors add input lag. If you're not a FPS gamer, it's probably not important to you.

Still, an extra $100 for a monitor that's the same as an Overlord.. I just don't get it.

ZeroH:
The Overlord panels are A grade and come from China as well... again, they use the same panel.

As for not seeing any reports of dead pixels.. I wonder how many people actually have a Nexius?

It's been proven that the OSD on the Multi-input monitors add input lag. If you're not a FPS gamer, it's probably not important to you.

Still, an extra $100 for a monitor that's the same as an Overlord.. I just don't get it.

Yes, LG is the maker of these panels. I am not talking about where the panel is made, rather where the monitor is assembled. By your reasoning why would anyone purchase Dell or HP monitors which cost even more. I would not buy those. It goes back to the perception of value and what is important to the purchasing individual or organization.

About lag. How many people in the world are buying monitors for low lag VS everybody else. Gamers are a niche market. Of the gamers how many can notice the lag you say you can? How much does that lag REALLY affect gameplay? If lag is the main thing then get a barebones TN monitor. If not, and you are looking at an IPS monitor then you are perceiving that there is value other than just lag.

You totally seem to dismiss the fact that some people DO percieve value in having more than just a single input. Have you ever considered that the input itself may stop working? What if that happens after the warranty period? I have had a monitor do just that in the past but since it had both VGA and DVI, I could switch to the one that worked. I once had a Dell 21" 1100P CRT that had 2 VGA ports. That is when I learned that I could have 2 computers hooked up to this single 21" monitor. At the touch of a button on the monitor I could switch between the computers without having to buy another monitor. (21" CRT = HEAT) Even overlord sees that people may want different things so they have classified their product offering.

A number of people also perceive value in talking to someone that is in this country and the communication is not strained should a problem occur, OR, having to send the monitor OUT-OF-THE-COUNTRY and wait for its return should a problem occur.

Not everyone is getting these for gaming. I do productivity on my monitors and gaming is secondary. Otherwise, why would I need the monitors shown in my sig. Those are just the ones I have hooked up to a particular computer. In the same room I also have a S3D monitor and a 1080P projector using a 110" screen. I also have 4 mini computers each running there own monitor and another computer running 4 monitors.

I know of what is of value to me and what I am willing to pay for it as do others. Nixeus is selling all they can make at the prices they are charging. I talked with Comp-u-plus/Electronica Direct today and was told that they will be sold out of the October preorders by this weekend. Apparently a large number of people perceive the value.

banhbeo n00bie, 11 Days - Empyreal

FYI:
Comp-U-Plus and Electronica Direct are the same. To do Business under the Amazon banner companies have to have a different name than their retail/online store. The pricing structure may be different sometimes also.

Like Tiger-Direct is the same as CompUsa & Circuit City and I think they also have another name they work under.

Last edited:
scumbag jacks up the price to 499.. Good luck at selling it.. At that price, I'd rather get Dell or Samsung..

Yes, LG is the maker of these panels. I am not talking about where the panel is made, rather where the monitor is assembled. By your reasoning why would anyone purchase Dell or HP monitors which cost even more. I would not buy those. It goes back to the perception of value and what is important to the purchasing individual or organization.

About lag. How many people in the world are buying monitors for low lag VS everybody else. Gamers are a niche market. Of the gamers how many can notice the lag you say you can? How much does that lag REALLY affect gameplay? If lag is the main thing then get a barebones TN monitor. If not, and you are looking at an IPS monitor then you are perceiving that there is value other than just lag.

You totally seem to dismiss the fact that some people DO percieve value in having more than just a single input. Have you ever considered that the input itself may stop working? What if that happens after the warranty period? I have had a monitor do just that in the past but since it had both VGA and DVI, I could switch to the one that worked. I once had a Dell 21" 1100P CRT that had 2 VGA ports. That is when I learned that I could have 2 computers hooked up to this single 21" monitor. At the touch of a button on the monitor I could switch between the computers without having to buy another monitor. (21" CRT = HEAT) Even overlord sees that people may want different things so they have classified their product offering.

A number of people also perceive value in talking to someone that is in this country and the communication is not strained should a problem occur, OR, having to send the monitor OUT-OF-THE-COUNTRY and wait for its return should a problem occur.

Not everyone is getting these for gaming. I do productivity on my monitors and gaming is secondary. Otherwise, why would I need the monitors shown in my sig. Those are just the ones I have hooked up to a particular computer. In the same room I also have a S3D monitor and a 1080P projector using a 110" screen. I also have 4 mini computers each running there own monitor and another computer running 4 monitors.

I know of what is of value to me and what I am willing to pay for it as do others. Nixeus is selling all they can make at the prices they are charging. I talked with Comp-u-plus/Electronica Direct today and was told that they will be sold out of the October preorders by this weekend. Apparently a large number of people perceive the value.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.. They are the EXACT SAME PANEL... not two different panels made by LG. Neither Dell or HP sell these panels. Nexius and Overlord and a few others sell them. These other sellers also have the multi-input models so there is no difference there either. Overlord is in the US so there is no international shipping issues as you claim.

If you want to pay $100 more for the same monitor with a different plastic cover, please do so.. but please stop in trying to say that the Nexius is better than the other 1440p monitors out there because it's not.. IT'S THE SAME MONITOR. If you don't want to accept that fact and live with blinders on, then that's your choice... This is all I'm saying.

Btw mister... Anyone could just claim they are using A panel instead of A-. The zero dead pixel is not guaranteed. As you know that A+ panel also may have defective pixel unless the company provides you zero dead pixel return policy.

To me, A- or A panel is just another marketing scheme.
All I need is the zero dead pixel policy.

Good luck..

ZeroH:
I don't think you understand what I'm saying.. They are the EXACT SAME PANEL... not two different panels made by LG. Neither Dell or HP sell these panels. Nexius and Overlord and a few others sell them. These other sellers also have the multi-input models so there is no difference there either. Overlord is in the US so there is no international shipping issues as you claim.

If you want to pay $100 more for the same monitor with a different plastic cover, please do so.. but please stop in trying to say that the Nexius is better than the other 1440p monitors out there because it's not.. IT'S THE SAME MONITOR. If you don't want to accept that fact and live with blinders on, then that's your choice... This is all I'm saying.
I do understand you, just disagree with you. Are you saying that Dell & HP use a higher grade panel than APPLE does then? These are the panels that Apple uses are they not? Look at the Yamakasi promo material. There is also a monitor called the Auria sold by Micro Center. It looks the same, and has the same inputs, but it is different electronically. LG is the company that sells the 2560*1440 panels. Some they put an anti-gloss coating on, but it is still the same panel. Dell & HP specify AG coating on the ones they purchase.

You are missing my point on how value is created and perceived and are trying to stick to a point that you initiated. By your logic all computers that come in a particular case must be the same inside if it has ports for video, usb, sound, etc. When you understand manufacturing you will know that components at a base level can be changed out. Even with video cards a Bios can change the whole aspect of the card. With monitors a thing called an "EDID" taken from monitor "A" and assigned to monitor "B" can give monitor "B" attributes of a higher nature. Do you think that every TN panel is different? Or is it the internal electronics and the EDID? If it can be done at that level, then changing attributes of the components on the internal electronics can change it all together. Major case in point IS the Overlord monitors that can be run at 120HZ. It is the internals that make those monitors different. Motherboards can be made to military specifications by the components that are put on it, this is widely advertised.

You have given no explanations on your argument, for you it seems to be a monolithic market. As an earlier poster said it IS our money and how we wish to spend it IS our business. Our perception of value is different than yours and just as valid. I have attempted to be instructional, that is all. It is my nature to inform if I can. If you wish to have the last word I invite you to take it but my discussion on this matter with you is over.

Last edited:
hanabie n00bie, 7 Days

Btw mister... Anyone could just claim they are using A panel instead of A-. The zero dead pixel is not guaranteed. As you know that A+ panel also may have defective pixel unless the company provides you zero dead pixel return policy.

To me, A- or A panel is just another marketing scheme.
All I need is the zero dead pixel policy.

Good luck..

Yeah, I talked about that in post #36. What you are paying for with the higher price is a warranty upfront against bad pixels. You are just not being told that. They are making it seem like a great attribute if they give you a "Zero dead pixel policy". It is all statistically calculated. The amount of the potential returns is spread over the amount of projected sales. Bottom line is that if it is bad beyond the warranty policy the company still has to pay for it.

Companies the get a batch of panels and some are bad!!! They usually have to ship the whole batch back rather than sorting it out themselves(unless it is written in the contract otherwise). It is part of the Uniform Commercial Code "UCC". This mostly pertains to the US interstate commerce, but parts of the code is established in international contract law

scumbag jacks up the price to 499.. Good luck at selling it.. At that price, I'd rather get Dell or Samsung.

They always claimed that this was the introductory price. At that price I believed them so I bought 1 and when it was real I bought 2 more. I talked to both Electronica Direct and Nixeus today. As I had suspected they are selling them as fast as they can make them. They were even surprised by the response. As I stated earlier they have opened up a new market. A market that is seen/perceived as legitimate and mainstream. The Nixeus site is very professional looking as is the Compuplus site. Anyone researching them can see that they have been around for a while and a number of well known companies carry the products that Nixeus is responsible for.

The sites for 120HZ.net and Overlord is OK for enthusiast but not the general public. It does not instill confidence to advertise some of your product as not being perfect but if you want perfect we will add on a surcharge. I would personally encourage them to have a professionally done site solely for their pixel perfect monitors to sell to the general public

Last edited:

Not too long ago they had to use shady misleading marketing tactics to try to get the attention of California Schools to become their customers for their consulting businesses known as Scribner & Smith and to use their mandated accounting systems services provided by their company MAX8550:

http://www.news10.net/news/article/...s-Letter-Not-So-Funny-Controllers-Office-Says

Look they have the exact same business address so I know I'm not making a mistake or saying wrong information:

overlordfacebookaddy.jpg

max8550contactinfo.jpg

Now why would I want to do business with people whom have defrauded tax payers and using misleading shady marketing to try to get customers? :eek:

Last edited:
Just got my Nixeus today from Comp-U-Plus. Double boxed and very well packaged.
The screen is beautiful!! So nice not to have all that AG coating. I have it next to my Samsung 30" 305t for comparison. The only thing that I miss is the extra area of the 30" screen.
I hope they decide to make a 30" version of this monitor.
Also well worth the wait to get the adjustable stand which is a big plus.

I've ordered this monitor for the Oct 9th shipping. Question...I only just realized it has built-in stereo speakers. I'm currently using a 5.1 speaker setup, which I want to continue using rather than the monitor's speakers. Do the monitor's speakers require a hookup in order to work (in which case I can just not hook it up and ignore it); or if they just *work* without any special connections how would I disable them?

I've ordered this monitor for the Oct 9th shipping. Question...I only just realized it has built-in stereo speakers. I'm currently using a 5.1 speaker setup, which I want to continue using rather than the monitor's speakers. Do the monitor's speakers require a hookup in order to work (in which case I can just not hook it up and ignore it); or if they just *work* without any special connections how would I disable them?

Quite certain they have an audio hookup, but it should be visible in the pictures.

If it's passing audio along to those speakers, it should be easy enough to mute them if they can't be adjusted in your OS.

Thanks for the reply, Jackstar. This was just out of my realm of expertise, never having used monitor speakers; I was just worried about conflicts or problems and trying to be proactive. Guess all will be made clear in just a few weeks!

Considering cancelling my Overlord pre order and picking one of these up instead. The height adjustable stand is a huge positive. Is it enough to not go with the overclocking ability of the Overlord though? Think it'd be tough going from a highly adjustable monitor in my NEC to something with only tilt/swivel capabilities.

You do not need to hook up the monitor speakers for the monitor to work. I'm not using mine.

Considering cancelling my Overlord pre order and picking one of these up instead. The height adjustable stand is a huge positive. Is it enough to not go with the overclocking ability of the Overlord though? Think it'd be tough going from a highly adjustable monitor in my NEC to something with only tilt/swivel capabilities.

You can buy a fully featured VESA-compatible stand for a monitor of this size for around $40.

You do not need to hook up the monitor speakers for the monitor to work. I'm not using mine.

Appreciate the above comment; you've set my mind at rest! I see that you're using an AMD 5970 with the monitor. I'm assuming you have just the single card? I hesitated getting my first 27" monitor as I was wondering if it would be a drain on the card when also playing some high-intensity game. Subjectively, do you feel any lag or see any ghosting while in game?

I haven't used the monitor with games yet. I did use the 5970 with my 30" Samsung monitor which is a PVA type panel and it works fine. I'm using a 6950 with another Samsung 30 PVA monitor and it is fine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris54 View Post
Appreciate the above comment; you've set my mind at rest! I see that you're using an AMD 5970 with the monitor. I'm assuming you have just the single card? I hesitated getting my first 27" monitor as I was wondering if it would be a drain on the card when also playing some high-intensity game. Subjectively, do you feel any lag or see any ghosting while in game?

The audio is passed through the HDMI and the DP cable. You then have to go through the OS(I am using Win7) to mute or redirect the audio.

I am using 5870's Xfired and see no ghosting or lag. Crysis is amazingly beautiful and no AA is needed which is a plus for tight dot pitch monitors.

The audio is passed through the HDMI and the DP cable. You then have to go through the OS(I am using Win7) to mute or redirect the audio.

I am using 5870's Xfired and see no ghosting or lag. Crysis is amazingly beautiful and no AA is needed which is a plus for tight dot pitch monitors.

So using a DVI cable, I guess I needn't worry about the monitor speakers at all, then? Good to know.

I didn't realize with the smaller pitch that AA wasn't needed. Good information to have; I've been using the same 24" monitor for so very many years that my ignorance on the larger size monitors is shocking. I'll definitely keep all this in mind. Many thanks.

Yeah, there is hardly any space to fill in. Some people are using 2x AA but coming from a 24" 1920 I doubt you will be able to see any difference between no AA or 2X-8X AA. Having no need for AA helps with the frames rate on these big monitors also. You will enjoy this monitor immensely. I was blown away by it and my 1920*1200 monitors are MVA panels which are much better than TN because its color attributes are closer to that of an IPS monitor.

It also comes with a DVI cable, USE IT instead of one yopu just may have lying around. I had a DVI-Dual link cable that did not work well with a 3D monitor. I found out the hard way that they can be very picky. I hooked up a Displayport cable, HDMI cable and DL-DVI cable to the monitor but I am only using the Displayport cable. I did not want to tinker with putting the cables on at a later date if I need to hook it up to another computer.

Less than glowing review over at Anandtech. Seems like a B, or maybe B- review.

Any owners want to speak to the points brought up? Does yours feel laggy?

jackstar7

NOPE!!!, no lag here.
Who is going to buy a 2560*1440 monitor and run it at 1920*1080. To write a review about doing that is a bit ludicrous. I have no lag playing at the native resolution through a display port cable.

I read it, seems pretty in-line with the price. Contrast ratios are low, and having the backlight basically turn off below 20 brightness is funky. If the prices drop again though, I'd have no problem whatsoever buying one. At $500, it's a bit of an investment, at the $430 it was originally going for (and being over $200 less than the closest competition, that HP that is repeatedly mentioned in the review), it's a pretty awesome deal.

But, to each his own.

Edit: as for the lag, I can't comment on it much. But if you're on the PC, you can set your GPU to do the scaling. If you're on a console system, or watching a movie, are you really going to notice a difference? People play Xbox on TV's with much more input lag, I don't see this one being any different. 2 frames a second, at 60 fps, I doubt would be noticeable to anyone except the most elite FPS players

500:1 is horrid, blacks will be quite greyish at any brightness. The DGM UK (CrossOver 2720 Rebrand) also has an equally pathetic contrast ratio. It's not 2006 so a 500:1 value is 100% unacceptable. Avoid.

500:1 is horrid, blacks will be quite greyish at any brightness. The DGM UK (CrossOver 2720 Rebrand) also has an equally pathetic contrast ratio. It's not 2006 so a 500:1 value is 100% unacceptable. Avoid.

When I saw that review I tried the same thing - I turned off DCR (Dynamic Contrast Ratio) and I notice the pictures/colors are different and I can see how he got 500:1 ... but when I turn DCR back on everything looks great.

Does anyone know if Dynamic Contrast Ratio would do anything for that and for image/color quality?

The Nixeus' tech specs on their website show 1,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, but I have seen some other brands market 5,000,000 to 80,000,000 DCR!!

When I saw that review I tried the same thing - I turned off DCR (Dynamic Contrast Ratio) and I notice the pictures/colors are different and I can see how he got 500:1 ... but when I turn DCR back on everything looks great.

Does anyone know if Dynamic Contrast Ratio would do anything for that and for image/color quality?

The Nixeus' tech specs on their website show 1,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, but I have seen some other brands market 5,000,000 to 80,000,000 DCR!!

Using the Dynamic contrast ratio will completely skew the gamma curve, so that you wind up having crushed shadows and highlights that are blown out and missing all detail. Highlights were so completely crushed that I didn't bother testing the contrast ratio with it, since I could never recommend using it.

500:1 or 600:1 is pretty common with the 27" displays right now, for whatever reason. That said, the Nixeus was still the worst of them.

I read it, seems pretty in-line with the price. Contrast ratios are low, and having the backlight basically turn off below 20 brightness is funky. If the prices drop again though, I'd have no problem whatsoever buying one. At $500, it's a bit of an investment, at the $430 it was originally going for (and being over $200 less than the closest competition, that HP that is repeatedly mentioned in the review), it's a pretty awesome deal.

But, to each his own.

Edit: as for the lag, I can't comment on it much. But if you're on the PC, you can set your GPU to do the scaling. If you're on a console system, or watching a movie, are you really going to notice a difference? People play Xbox on TV's with much more input lag, I don't see this one being any different. 2 frames a second, at 60 fps, I doubt would be noticeable to anyone except the most elite FPS players

NOPE!!!, no lag here.
Who is going to buy a 2560*1440 monitor and run it at 1920*1080. To write a review about doing that is a bit ludicrous. I have no lag playing at the native resolution through a display port cable.

If you read the detail on the lag testing, you need to test against a CRT running at the same resolution as the LCD to get exact lag and response results. There are no CRTs that are affordable that I'm aware of that run at 2560x1440 natively. You can get 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 from Sony CRTs, but not 2560x1440. Because of this, all lag testing has to be done at this resolution or below.

There are no other affordable ways to do this testing that I'm aware of, so that is why the testing is done this way. You also can't use GPU scaling here, as you have to run Windows in mirrored display mode. So before you tell me that testing it that way is ludicrous, please read the text that explains why it has to be done that way.

Using the Dynamic contrast ratio will completely skew the gamma curve, so that you wind up having crushed shadows and highlights that are blown out and missing all detail. Highlights were so completely crushed that I didn't bother testing the contrast ratio with it, since I could never recommend using it.

500:1 or 600:1 is pretty common with the 27" displays right now, for whatever reason. That said, the Nixeus was still the worst of them.

If you read the detail on the lag testing, you need to test against a CRT running at the same resolution as the LCD to get exact lag and response results. There are no CRTs that are affordable that I'm aware of that run at 2560x1440 natively. You can get 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 from Sony CRTs, but not 2560x1440. Because of this, all lag testing has to be done at this resolution or below.

There are no other affordable ways to do this testing that I'm aware of, so that is why the testing is done this way. You also can't use GPU scaling here, as you have to run Windows in mirrored display mode. So before you tell me that testing it that way is ludicrous, please read the text that explains why it has to be done that way.

Sounds like this guy works for that company. Here's his explanation for both those points over in Overclock.net.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1286519/...-monitor-nx-vue27-usa-brand/160#post_18216023

Last edited:
Sounds like this guy owns that company. Here's his explanation for both those points over in Overclock.net.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1286519/...-monitor-nx-vue27-usa-brand/160#post_18216023

As Peter says, using DCR would improve the contrast ratio, but IMO it also destroys image quality so I'd never enable it. It isn't subtle or adjustable, it's just a massive gamma adjustment that makes the image totally blown out. For the backlighting issue, my unit had an issue that a few in the first run did, so they're fixing that this week for me, and I'll retest it and see if that fixes it, and if that affects the contrast at all.

I also tried to make it clear that the $430 price range, it's a very good display for the cost. I'd have no issue buying one myself for working on, but I'm not really a gamer either. If it's a B or B- display, as someone suggested earlier, for $430, that's pretty good I'd say.

Back