Nixeus Vue 27" ISP Display 2560*1440

hcforde

Gawd
I just set this up on the machine listed in my signature. I hope more people chime in and give their experiences with this as so far mine has been favorable. I have only had time to play Crysis 2 briefly but the game looks more like the high resolution cut scene. The dot pitch, the resolution and the glossy screen combine to make this a different and a great experience.

I will update as I have more time to experience this monitor

I'm waiting for a review. Anandtech is supposed to do one. Have you had experience with any of the Korean monitors?

Overlord chose retarded font for the front of there monitors. It looks like Oberlord...

linuxdude9 Limp Gawd, 7.7 Years

Can you try overclocking your monitor?

NO!!

lol, The company is aware of this trend in monitors and has a statement that overclocking will void the warranty. HOWEVER, it will do a max of 75Hz as reported by the AMD Catalyst. I do not know if that is in max resolution or not. So far I do not see any tearing and it is as smooth as my 24" monitors which are PVA panels.

MatlocK n00bie, 35 Days

I'm waiting for a review. Anandtech is supposed to do one. Have you had experience with any of the Korean monitors?

This is my first 27" monitor of any type.

I'm very interested in this one, as it's similar/cheaper than the Crossover 2720MDP and has just as many inputs that I would need. Also, US warranty.

I might pick one up in a month or two, hopefully. So, tagging!

No bad pixel problems and for monitor speakers these are VERY good. I forgot that DisplayPort carried the sound signal also, so they came on and were clear AND loud.

So far I have not found anything to complain about of any significance. The only thing I found odd was the displayport release button is facing inward rather than outward making it a bit difficult to remove. BUT how many times are you going to do that? :)

So far this is a great investment.

No bad pixel problems and for monitor speakers these are VERY good. I forgot that DisplayPort carried the sound signal also, so they came on and were clear AND loud.

So far I have not found anything to complain about of any significance. The only thing I found odd was the displayport release button is facing inward rather than outward making it a bit difficult to remove. BUT how many times are you going to do that? :)

So far this is a great investment.

Does it use PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) for the Backlight?

Is it Flicker Free at all Brightness levels?

Thanks,

No documentation came with the monitor. Zero, Zilch, Nada!!!. That was quite surprising.

No documentation came with the monitor. Zero, Zilch, Nada!!!. That was quite surprising.

Really? Mines came with a user manual at least. The monitor resolution looks really nice and I'm using an EVGA GTX 570 with dual link dvi-d.

Anyhow, does anyone know if any laptops that has a displayport or mini-display port? My current old HP laptop does not output 2560x1440 with HDMI.

Also i noticed you said "ISP" instead of "IPS" on the thread title...LOL

I'm only seeing this listed as pre-order, where are you guys ordering from?

n/m should have read more, apparently that's when the next batch will be out.

Last edited:
banhbeo
Really? Mines came with a user manual at least.

Also i noticed you said "ISP" instead of "IPS" on the thread title...LOL

lol, I did say ISP!!!

I had another person say they got a 7page manual. Mine just did not make it to the package. I am using the cards in my sig. I was thinking about getting a new card but at this point I will wait until the new batch comes out. Currently I am in the AMD camp and useing Displayport

So is this super glossy, semi glossy, or some other level of glossy? Heh... so hard to describe glossiness--need a glossiness index. I could probably live with semi-gloss, but a true glossy monitor would be a real problem as I have a window right behind my seating position at my desk.

Does this have an OSD with RGB sliders for a custom color calibration? And how is the scaling--does scaled content look ok?

So is this super glossy, semi glossy, or some other level of glossy? Heh... so hard to describe glossiness--need a glossiness index. I could probably live with semi-gloss, but a true glossy monitor would be a real problem as I have a window right behind my seating position at my desk.

Does this have an OSD with RGB sliders for a custom color calibration? And how is the scaling--does scaled content look ok?

This as glossy as the Apple Cinema Displays and Thunderbolt Display. It has an OSD with RGB slidders for color calibration. If you want to adjust brightness you have to turn off Dynamic Contrast Ratio - just found out about it when I was tinkering with the buttons, confusing, but I got the hang of it after awhile. The factory setting for brightness is at 80 with DCR turned on.

I don't know if it has a scaler, but it does 1920x1080p full screen from my laptop with HDMI.

someone needs to come out with bezzles monitors, goldmine waiting to happen there.

someone needs to come out with bezzles monitors, goldmine waiting to happen there.

I think it is more dependent on the type of LG Panel used = if it allows to be mounted on "no bezel or least bezel" frames...

This as glossy as the Apple Cinema Displays and Thunderbolt Display. It has an OSD with RGB slidders for color calibration. If you want to adjust brightness you have to turn off Dynamic Contrast Ratio - just found out about it when I was tinkering with the buttons, confusing, but I got the hang of it after awhile. The factory setting for brightness is at 80 with DCR turned on.

I don't know if it has a scaler, but it does 1920x1080p full screen from my laptop with HDMI.

I don't feel that the gloss on these are as bad as some I have seen, however I am in a unique situation and nothing is reflecting off of the monitors. I have seen the Samsung 27" 120HZ monitors and they look really glossy.

I wish these monitors came with remotes, the pushing the buttons and figuring out the sequences becomes annoying to learn for each monitor. That is one reason why I buy multiples of each monitor. I just pre-ordered my second Nixeus and will probably pre-order my third next week. I hope the Oct date is still available.

Very nice. How are the bezel on the monitor? I'm thinking about buying one and debezzel it because the bezel in monitor is stupidly thick and if it's good. I would want to for 3x1 eyefinity portrait.

Very nice. How are the bezel on the monitor? I'm thinking about buying one and debezzel it because the bezel in monitor is stupidly thick and if it's good. I would want to for 3x1 eyefinity portrait.

The bezel is okay... I used to have a monitor with a similar bezel so it doesn't bother me... I only use one monitor for gaming.

Sieg n00bie, 1.1 Years

Nixeus has stated on another site that taking off the bezel Will void your warranty, but you probably already knew that.

I don't get the de-bezelling thing anyway. I have seen the pictures but I just overlap the side monitors. A lot less work!!! Especially for the amount of time I spend gaming. BUT if you are gaming 20hours a week I might be able to see the overall benefit. I am NOT knocking it for you, this is just me personally. I run 6 monitors plus for what I do and most people do not need that.

When it comes to gaming I go in a lot of different directions depending on the experience I want. I have a projector and 110" screen with 3D gaming capability, surround gaming, 2560*1440 gaming, 3D gaming on a single monitor. So, to each his/her own.

Nixeus has stated on another site that taking off the bezel Will void your warranty, but you probably already knew that.
When it comes to gaming I go in a lot of different directions depending on the experience I want. I have a projector and 110" screen with 3D gaming capability, surround gaming, 2560*1440 gaming, 3D gaming on a single monitor. So, to each his/her own.

Thank you for the input. The reason is I don't want to deal with Korean IPS because it's a lottery every I buy one, since pixels perfect version usually cost more. So I'm thinking why don't buy three of these with the assurance of no dead/bright pixels. I don't play much games like I used too, I just like the extra real estate for work and when I game.

Still don't think this is a good deal. If I hadn't gambled on importing a Catleap (paid off huge but is not the point) I wouldn't buy the Nixeus at it's current price point. If I were shopping for one, to get a better value I would wait for a Black Friday deal.

I don't get how buying a Nixeus assures you no dead/bright pixels... They're the same panel. You're basically paying about $100 more (than Overlord) for the same thing.

I don't get how buying a Nixeus assures you no dead/bright pixels... They're the same panel. You're basically paying about $100 more (than Overlord) for the same thing.

It wouldn't be if the model sold is equivalent to a PP Catleap, considering their profit margins compared to Catleap, they still charge a hefty premium even they only ship the perfect pixel ones. The point is that you have a piece of mind with a RMA process intended for the USA market.

Over the Catleap at $300, I would pay no more than $50 for the real benefit of Nixeus, which the warranty.

This isn't directly comparable to the $300 Catleap though. This one has many more inputs, which is quite valuable to some people. So the comparable prices are more like the Crossover 2720MDP, or more expensive Catleap, I forget the model number.

It wouldn't be if the model sold is equivalent to a PP Catleap, considering their profit margins compared to Catleap, they still charge a hefty premium even they only ship the perfect pixel ones. The point is that you have a piece of mind with a RMA process intended for the USA market.

Over the Catleap at $300, I would pay no more than $50 for the real benefit of Nixeus, which the warranty.

That's why I said it's the same as the Overlord models but a $100 more. :rolleyes:

This isn't directly comparable to the $300 Catleap though. This one has many more inputs, which is quite valuable to some people. So the comparable prices are more like the Crossover 2720MDP, or more expensive Catleap, I forget the model number.

Some would argue increased input lag via scaler. Personally, I would rather ensure a DVI-D output rather than look for a unit with multiple inputs.

Still think this isn't such a good deal as some make it out to be. I simply can't ignore Catleap price, don't see much value in other inputs, it's just an overpriced USA warranty IMO tacked onto a PP Catleap, if it's indeed a PP one. I saw Nixeus reps on forums, those guys are paid a fraction of that difference you pay for between this and the Catleap so they are bound to push their propaganda. If one reads this topic, I'll buy 2 when you guys add 105Hz at the current price or when you stop trying to make a killing with a product that we all know the base price for.

Some would argue increased input lag via scaler. Personally, I would rather ensure a DVI-D output rather than look for a unit with multiple inputs.

So what's the problem here? You are looking for a monitor with a single DVI-D input. You know where to purchase those, and for $150 cheaper than this monitor, so obviously this Nixeus isn't for you.

So it's cool to charge $150 more for 2 inputs and warranty?

Never understood the urge to count other people's/companies' money... if the market cannot bear it, the price will drop.

Plus you don't know for certain how much "2 extra inputs" complicate the production of the monitor, nor are you aware of all the logistical/legal/&c. costs that come with the US warranty.

Never understood the urge to count other people's/companies' money... if the market cannot bear it, the price will drop.

Plus you don't know for certain how much "2 extra inputs" complicate the production of the monitor, nor are you aware of all the logistical/legal/&c. costs that come with the US warranty.

Fair enough. It is still cheaper than the next best USA alternative.

I think the difference in the arguments is based on piece of mind. For a gamer/enthusiast that is not such a big issue. For someone that uses them for productivity it is a much bigger issue. For an organization it becomes a bigger productivity issue. Putting a dollar value on piece of mind is difficult. I will be using mine(the 1 I have, and the 2 I have ordered) mainly for productivity. >>see my SIG!

(BTW, did you know that 3*2560 = 4*1920? It is like getting a free monitor for me.)

Black Friday is not going to affect the price on these because they can sell all they can make. This monitor at its price will force prices up. These are Grade A panels so they are different than the Korean imports. Will some get or come with bad pixels, YES. Some of the Grade A+ panels do also. Each company has its own pixel warranty and Dell may take the monitor back, but they will sell it at a 'discount' and still make a profit.

The other people selling Yamakasi monitors on Amazon have raised their prices. The issue is that there is more competition for these panels now that a 'legitimate' seller has stepped up to market to a greater segment than just enthusiast. I also believe that many of the Korean panels to this point have been Grade A panels but now there is a buyer for Grade A panels so the panels that are left "Grade A-" will have more defects coming out of these cheaper Korean Suppliers.

Other issues where dollar value also comes in to play is not having to deal with ordering from overseas, hoping it gets here OK and you do not get ripped off. What we are dealing with is percieved value and I think Nixeus has done a good job at that. Their price will be going up also so that is why I am getting mine now.

I was an economics minor along with being a business major in undergrad. That is why I believe the way I do.

AFAIK, Apple sends back the entire batch even if only one panel is not satisfactory, Apple ships A+ only. A non A+ panel via Apple is very unlikely to reach the market unless the degradation somehow occurs after QC, anytime up until to and during shipping to consumer.
I do think that's where all non Apple panels come from, the difference appearing to be that Nixeus is not using anything but A panels, unlike Korean/ebay where the A- are in listings.

Correct me if I am wrong... but when I was researching the Yamakasi Catleaps/Achieva Shiman with multi-inputs on Ebay they were all $400+ and averaging $450!! And they are shippng with A- LG Panels :eek:

So when I saw the Nixeus Vue going for the same price with better A Grade LG panels, shipped and warranty from a USA BRAND FOR AROUND THE SAME PRICE I jumped on the first pre-order batch...

So for comparision: compare the Nixeus Vue 27" and other USA Brands to the Catleaps, Shimans, and other Ebay 2560x1440p multi-input monitors that ARE SELLING FOR THE SAME $400+ and not the single input ones. The reason why I needed multi-input is that I will be upgrading to the Nvidia GTX700 series Graphics Cards and I see current GTX 600 series cards using displayports now... and from what people are telling me the displayports seem to be the best connection for these high resolution monitors.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong... but when I was researching the Yamakasi Catleaps/Achieva Shiman with multi-inputs on Ebay they were all $400+ and averaging $450!! And they are shippng with A- LG Panels :eek:

So when I saw the Nixeus Vue going for the same price with better A Grade LG panels, shipped and warranty from a USA BRAND FOR AROUND THE SAME PRICE I jumped on the first pre-order batch...

So for comparision: compare the Nixeus Vue 27" and other USA Brands to the Catleaps, Shimans, and other Ebay 2560x1440p multi-input monitors that ARE SELLING FOR THE SAME $400+ and not the single input ones. The reason why I needed multi-input is that I will be upgrading to the Nvidia GTX700 series Graphics Cards and I see current GTX 600 series cards using displayports now... and from what people are telling me the displayports seem to be the best connection for these high resolution monitors.

Correct, and i finally made my decision to go with a U.S provider because of the piece of mind and the better panel used in the monitor. Im not one for taking a lottery approach when im spending $400+. People can buy their catleaps and crossovers but when that shit breaks down look at the "hoops" and long wait times they have to go through to get a new panel/partial refund because they have to pay out of pocket to ship the defective one back. IMO its not worth it.

Yamakasi price goes up. It's just temporary. It won't last long.
Nixeus company is established longer than overlord. However, I'm just disgusted that they are jacking up the price. That's why I'm ordering from Overlord.

Back