*nix routers/firewalls?

Bunk454

Limp Gawd
So our craptastic Sonicwall decided to die on me today. I quickly installed Smoothwall on an old Celeron machine and was able to get the critical things back up and running.

The problem I'm having is that our old Sonicwall was running one to one NAT, and Smoothwall doesn't seem to have that ability.

Can anyone recommend some good and hopefully free *nix or similiar based software which will allow one to one NAT?

BTW, I know almost nothing about linux and variants, so please keep it limited to "out of the box" type installs like Smoothwall.

Thanks all.

well i know that you can do it with *bsd....but that would be alot of work, which you don't want to do :D

ClarkConnect should work well...otherwise, if I read what one2one NAT is, most any unix OS can do it....

M0n0wall can do 1 to 1 nat and doesn't require a hard drive which is nice as it seems that the hdd is most likely to fail IMO.

you could always get something up as a temporary solution and play with openbsd- working to get a pf firewall set up. some of it can be difficult (ftp is beyond me at the moment), but for the most part it is a nice easy to learn syntax and very powerful.

other than that, i *believe* IPCop can do what you want. not sure though.

I'll third the motion on the m0n0wall.

"Call for a vote!"

AYE!

The aye's have it! m0n0wall rocks ;)

Back