Nividia to lunch RTX2080ti Super

Factum

2[H]4U
If it is overpriced...what was Vega then? ;)
upload_2019-8-1_6-21-18.png

RTX 2080 Ti: 0.42%
RTX 2080: 0.75%
RTX 2070: 1.1%
RTX 2060: 0.85%

GTX 1660 Ti: 0.40%
GTX 1660: 0.22%

3.75% market cap for Turing so far...yeah...overpriced ;)

You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
If it is overpriced...what was Vega then? ;)
View attachment 177750

RTX 2080 Ti: 0.42%
RTX 2080: 0.75%
RTX 2070: 1.1%
RTX 2060: 0.85%

GTX 1660 Ti: 0.40%
GTX 1660: 0.22%

3.75% market cap for Turing so far...yeah...overpriced ;)

You cannot have your cake and eat it too.
Just because there was more of them does not change the fact that they were overpriced. As for Vega, not overpriced at all, as far as the MSRP goes. Not really sure how you can equate having more of something is equal to something that has a good price.

Factum

2[H]4U
Demand and marketshare are apparently a hard concecpt for some people.
If a LUXURY product is priced to high...no one buys.
But people have bought and keep buying Turing cards....so they cannot be priced to high.
Economics 101

Back to ignore with you.

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
Demand and marketshare are apparently a hard concecpt for some people.
If a LUXURY product is priced to high...no one buys.
But people have bought and keep buying Turing cards....so they cannot be priced to high.
Economics 101

Back to ignore with you.
Ignore those who do not respectfully agree with you, have fun. Something does not have to be priced at a good price for people to buy it, economics 101. (Oh, and next time, just put me on ignore, no need to announce it unless you are trying to thump your chest. :D )

Armenius

Fully [H]
Ignore those who do not respectfully agree with you, have fun. Something does not have to be priced at a good price for people to buy it, economics 101. (Oh, and next time, just put me on ignore, no need to announce it unless you are trying to thump your chest. :D )
There is obviously still equilibrium after the SUPER launch if NVIDIA hasn't adjusted pricing in their entire product stack. It's more likely that the lower pricing on the SUPER line was a kneejerk reaction to AMD than it was to the market. In other words, their strategy is still working for both them and their consumers. If the market demand wasn't matching their supply I'm sure we would have seen a more drastic pricing swing by now.

Eivind68

Weaksauce
Unlikely. Much more likely that nvidia doesn't want to be left out on profits from another crypto craze and also realized they could increase prices without suffering since AMD has no answer to 2080 ti+
That's also a reason. As I said, there are many reasons this generation is more expensive than the last, AMD not providing competition is one of them too. My point was only that R&D costs always seems to get left out.

Armenius

Fully [H]
That's also a reason. As I said, there are many reasons this generation is more expensive than the last, AMD not providing competition is one of them too. My point was only that R&D costs always seems to get left out.
Jensen did say that Turing is the result of 10 years of R&D during the reveal last year. Are we supposed to believe the time and money for that was generated from magic and fairy dust?

Furious_Styles

[H]ard|Gawd
Jensen did say that Turing is the result of 10 years of R&D during the reveal last year. Are we supposed to believe the time and money for that was generated from magic and fairy dust?
I realize that R&D is always a part of cost. But I wouldn't be surprised if Jensen had said that about Pascal or kepler or any other series of GPUs. It could be true.

Factum

2[H]4U
I realize that R&D is always a part of cost. But I wouldn't be surprised if Jensen had said that about Pascal or kepler or any other series of GPUs. It could be true.
G80 was 4 years and $475M to develop according to NVIDIA
So 10 years does not sound unreasonable for Turing...but R&D cost would be much higher. than $475M