Nividia to lunch RTX2080ti Super

Alienslare

Limp Gawd
Without a hefty price reduction they might as well call it a Titan, it will sell about as many.
The Titan will get its super revision too. Thats how nvidia does it everytime.

I hope it's not Super Space Invaders this time around.
Well its just to overcome Amd’s strike towards RTX even though we can clearly see where this all is going. Ray tracing is now getting its grounds.

Not as fun as getting to 100 posts and making redundant threads!
Lol you amuse me but still take a look
https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidias-super-gpus-unleashing-monsters/

noko

Supreme [H]ardness
Well if there is a significant performance benefit, RT improvement without a ridicules cost tax for the 2080 Ti Super - it might be the first card this year that makes me really want to get. May off load some of my current cards such as the Vega's, get a 5700 XT (Maybe). Need to see what Nvidia has to offer except I am not sure they will mention anything about the 2080 Ti Super until later.

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
Nividia won't be able to lunch anytime soon. They aren't even in business! P. S. You wanted "nvidia" and "launch" for your post ;).

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Snowdog

[H]F Junkie
This may end up being just some semantic games. They're waiting to see what AMD does at their top end later this year and will then release what is for all intents and purposes a 2080 Ti Super....... but with a different name.

Would be pretty sweet if Nvidia would release a 5120 core Titan RTX though.
Do you really think AMD is going to have a 2080Ti competitor anytime soon? This 2080Ti rumor was another WCCF special (AKA bullshit).

Factum

2[H]4U
This may end up being just some semantic games. They're waiting to see what AMD does at their top end later this year and will then release what is for all intents and purposes a 2080 Ti Super....... but with a different name.

Would be pretty sweet if Nvidia would release a 5120 core Titan RTX though.
That would require a new SKU larger that the complete TU102-400-A1 in the RTX Titan (72 SMs, 4,608 CUDA cores, 576 Tensor cores, 72 RT cores, 288 texture units, and 36 PolyMorph engines.)

Doubtful NVIDIA will launch a bigger SKU until Ampere.

Do you really think AMD is going to have a 2080Ti competitor anytime soon? This 2080Ti rumor was another WCCF special (AKA bullshit).
I don't think AMD needs to have a full 2080 Ti competitor in order to make Nvidia update the 2080 Ti. Nvidia wants to maintain their position as the "costs more, but performs better" alternative to AMD. If AMD launched a card that got 90% of the 2080 Ti's performance but at only 70% of the cost, I think Nvidia would be forced to do a 2080 Ti refresh in order to keep their image. It's as much about branding here as it would be about actually selling units of their top model.

That would require a new SKU larger that the complete TU102-400-A1 in the RTX Titan (72 SMs, 4,608 CUDA cores, 576 Tensor cores, 72 RT cores, 288 texture units, and 36 PolyMorph engines.)

Doubtful NVIDIA will launch a bigger SKU until Ampere.
We've seen that 5120 CUDA cores with 640 tensor cores is possible on Volta courtesy of the GV100 and Titan V. It is true that the silicon would have a new P/N as that would exceed the specs of even the top level Quadro 8000. But, we do have a pretty good idea that Ampere isn't coming in 2019 and is likely going to have similar timing as the RTX launch followed, but in 2020 (ie, non-sponsored shipments starting in the fall). Given this, there may be a refresh to their flagship cards before we get retail Ampere cards.

Hey, a guy can dream, right?

Snowdog

[H]F Junkie
I don't think AMD needs to have a full 2080 Ti competitor in order to make Nvidia update the 2080 Ti. Nvidia wants to maintain their position as the "costs more, but performs better" alternative to AMD. If AMD launched a card that got 90% of the 2080 Ti's performance but at only 70% of the cost, I think Nvidia would be forced to do a 2080 Ti refresh in order to keep their image. It's as much about branding here as it would be about actually selling units of their top model.
That would still require another larger Navi die, which I am doubting we will see anytime soon. AMDs next move will likely be down to a 1660/Ti competitor. When I checked Amazon best seller GPUs yesterday. The 1660Ti was #1, and after that maybe even a 1650 competitor. These parts give AMD a chance to have some decent laptop competitors as well, which is a market they are practically shut out of right now, and MOST people buy laptops.

After all that, they might aim for Big Navi. Process will be more mature then (lower cost, higher yield).

We've seen that 5120 CUDA cores with 640 tensor cores is possible on Volta courtesy of the GV100 and Titan V. It is true that the silicon would have a new P/N as that would exceed the specs of even the top level Quadro 8000. But, we do have a pretty good idea that Ampere isn't coming in 2019 and is likely going to have similar timing as the RTX launch followed, but in 2020 (ie, non-sponsored shipments starting in the fall). Given this, there may be a refresh to their flagship cards before we get retail Ampere cards.

Hey, a guy can dream, right?
We won't get significantly more Cores on a consumer NVidia card until NVidia moves to a smaller process. The 2080Ti die is already absurdly large.

Factum

2[H]4U
That SKU does not have RT cores and there is difference in the tensor cores too...not to mention HBM memory.

Lastan010

Limp Gawd
next gpu from nvidia needs higher freq to gain most perf, adding more cores wont do much.

Lastan010

Limp Gawd
Citation needed...
Turing’s CUDA cores are better than Pascal’s CUDA FYI
you mean like how 2080 still loses to 1080ti in most benchmarks where the 1080ti was still cheaper than 2080.

what plagues the Turing is not being on 7nm, if it did, the perf would have been much higher than it is today because of a higher core clock.

don't forget, 1080 was able to beat even the 980ti with over 1000 less shader cores because it had massive clock frequency advantage over the 980ti due to a node shrink.

Imo, nvdia should have never released Turing on the same process node as Pascal.

Turing imo has been a failure in terms of performance for the price they asking for it.

Last edited:

Factum

2[H]4U
you mean like how 2080 still loses to 1080ti in most benchmarks where the 1080ti was still cheaper than 2080.

what plagues the Turing is not being on 7nm, if it did, the perf would have been much higher than it is today because of a higher core clock.

don't forget, 1080 was able to beat even the 980ti with over 1000 less shader cores because it had massive clock frequency advantage over the 980ti due to a node shrink.

Imo, nvdia should have never released Turing on the same process node as Pascal.

Turing imo has been a failure in terms of performance for the price they asking for it.
index.jpg

Like Snowdog wrote, Turings cores does better than Pascal's cores.

The reason I think you are confused, is because of your lack of technical understanding.
You don't count the number of cores, you don't look at MHz....you only look at their PR names (RTX 2080 vs GTX 1080 Ti)....it the same mistake people made with the GTX 680 (Midrange SKU beating AMD's toprange SKU) vs AMD 7970.

TL;DR
Marketing names are a bad foundation for a technical debate.

Lastan010

Limp Gawd
1080 was much faster than 980ti, 2080 lost to 1080ti.

Turing should of never been released on the name node process as the 10 series.

And the next Nvida gpu will be a Turing refresh on 7nm, give me your both wallets.

Factum

2[H]4U
1080 was much faster than 980ti, 2080 lost to 1080ti.

Turing should of never been released on the name node process as the 10 series.

And the next Nvida gpu will be a Turing refresh on 7nm, give me your both wallets.
There you go again, down the fallacy path...if technical details are to hard for you to understand...it is okay....but stop posting like you have a point then....because you don't.

Like how even are these cards in DXR?
See what I did there?

Eivind68

Weaksauce
People tend to forget that R&D for each generation gets much more expensive, and you have to earn back the money spent on the cards development before you actually earn money. So that is yet another reason this generation is more expensive than the last.

Furious_Styles

[H]ard|Gawd
People tend to forget that R&D for each generation gets much more expensive, and you have to earn back the money spent on the cards development before you actually earn money. So that is yet another reason this generation is more expensive than the last.
Unlikely. Much more likely that nvidia doesn't want to be left out on profits from another crypto craze and also realized they could increase prices without suffering since AMD has no answer to 2080 ti+

Nenu

[H]ardened
I reckon they are pushing the boundary hard to see how much people will pay.
They need to sustain this to truly find out.
They pushed quite a lot too far though.

Instead of buying a new card every year or 2 years I will now wait 3 to 4 years and wont recommend them.
They could have doubled the sales from me in the same time period and got my recommendation.