Nivdia special SLI bridge are collectors items??

skypine27

Gawd
Man, who would have thought these would become collectors items?!?!
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli/bridges

I want this for my rig. But 250 dollars?!?!?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-N...773?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339c1335e5

And someone wants 159 for the 3 way....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-N...920?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae200e358

Wonder how much an original battle box was with the 2 way spaced model!

The 2 way Spaced would look a lot better than my current bridge but at 250 bucks, unless someone here wants to sell me one, guess I am settling for the EVGA 3 way (EVGA doesn't make a 2 way spaced model)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Did they stop production of them or something? They are pretty cool looking, but not for that much money.

Those have been basically sold out since they came out, I don't think I've ever actually seen those in stock

Hahahaha.. so lame, but I am guessing that there are people that will spend that much for a couple extra LEDs inside their case.

1. Asus won't sell theirs for another few months, according to their email response.
2. The boutique guys won't sell the Nvidia model, period.
3. So yeah, I just ordered the, ahhh hem EVGA "3 way" (because the EVGA 2 way is too short...) off amazon. Est delivery the 18th

It does look slick. Pissed that I did not buy all three.

(click to enlarge)

There was a trick to ordering them even though the main page said Out Of Stock.

I ordered a 3-Way bridge that I plan to use in my build, glad I picked it up when I did.

It appears they are even sold out using that loop-hole now as well.

Just paid $80 shipped for a used NVIDIA 3-way bridge on eBay (doing a X99 3-way build this week). I feel dirty. Ah well. Probably paid about $40 over retail. So, not horrible. I also emailed NVIDIA to see if they'll be re-stocking again. I'll update if I hear anything back. I'd like to get the 2-way spaced bridge to complete my collection.

Try hards....

Takes a special kind of douche bag to spend that much money on something that only matters for 30 seconds of taking a picture.

Try hards....

Takes a special kind of douche bag to spend that much money on something that only matters for 30 seconds of taking a picture.

Um, it looks great and isn't only good for taking pictures. It adds to the overall look of your build if you have a casing with a windowed side panel.

I'm sure other modders have spent way more on LED stuff for their casing.

someone offered me one for $25. I guess I should have bought it.

Try hards....

I don't think the ones that are on eBay for 150-250 are actually selling bro.

Yeah I would pay 35 bucks for one, for sure. I ended up ordering the EVGA model which is also about 30bucks. The nvidia ones look better but I really don't think anyone is buying them for those ridiculous Ebay prices.

Why would anyone collect something like this? :confused:

I typically have multiple builds going and I prefer the aesthetic look of these versus the EVGA bridges (I also have the EVGA bridges). That's why I'd like to collect all of them.

It's also nice to be able to control these with the GeForce Experience (which I always install) versus requiring EVGA Precision (I've been using MSI Afterburner, instead):

(click to enlarge)

The Nvidia and Asus specific bridges seem to only go up to 3-Way. EVGA has one for 4-Way. That's the one I use.

The Nvidia and Asus specific bridges seem to only go up to 3-Way. EVGA has one for 4-Way. That's the one I use.

Looks like that one is no where to be found - even on EVGA's site.

Part is 100-4W-0041-LR.

If I were in your shoes, I'd keep the Asus black bridge and fix those cables instead. No amount of money spent on a bridge can balance out the mismatched GPUs, fans and cable clutter.

I took a generic bridge from some motherboard I owned and just put some Di Noc over it and called it a day. I no longer own that system.

Damn, I need to put mine up on eBay.

MSIX99sXPowerAC.jpg

This is not discontinued. I highly recommend them. Looks really good with NVIDIA graphics cards.

Waiting for sli 980ti or 1080 gtx. I bought short sli bridge. Hopefully I didn't make mistake buying short sli bridge lol

Am I seeing something you guys aren't? I just placed an order on Nvidia's website and bought the bridge for $29?

If I were in your shoes, I'd keep the Asus black bridge and fix those cables instead. No amount of money spent on a bridge can balance out the mismatched GPUs, fans and cable clutter.

I love being shamed into waiting money....

Have the red sleeved Corsiar cables on order for the PSU. Spiffed up the backplates on the mismatched 980s:

Problem is, the top one (red one) won't work with the Rampage V extreme. On X99 boards where the top PCI slot is very close to the bottom mem slots / IO area, the raised (approx 6-8mm) aftermarket backplate "hits" the plastic shroud covering the I/O area, and thus will not align with the PCIE slot. To keep both my cards in x 16 PCIE slots, I have to use the top slot so I had to get a refund on the top backplate. But I kept the green one for the bottom card. I dig the looks (from the top, from the side its nothing special) and there is no change in temp / fan profile.

I'll take another pic you can make fun of when the sleeved PSU cables go in :)

I'm slowly working on it. Still motivated by your angry comment!

getting%20there.jpg

Have 2 Titan X's coming on Monday. Last step will be to replace the yellow 140 mm radiator fans with 2 x matching 140 mm Thermaltake Luna Reds

(edit, despite the number of fans in there (9!) the case is very quiet. They are all running at 500 rpm or less with Asus Fan Xpert)

Last edited:
Back