Nintendo’s Ultimate Retro Gaming Experience Is $60

The next vehicle I plan on buying is going to have factory-equipped headrest monitors with AV inputs and a 110V outlet. This new NES Classic is going be great for keeping the kiddos occupied on longer road trips. Plus I'll be getting one for myself. :)
Whoa, didn't even think of this.

I am now going to sit in the back seat next to my son with one of these things hooked up. I'm sure he'll love it while I play...

My wife showed me a picture of this the other day, and I thought it was just a cheap knock-off like has been floating around the discount section of the discount stores the last few years. Knowing that this is made by Nintendo, and seeing the line up of games, I think I must reconsider this!

The emulators are already installed. Roms are easy to find.

Shit, I misunderstood the listing...thought all the stuff below was what was needed in conjunction to the PI box. Pretty capable little device! Sorry about my "duh" moment...

30 games vs All the Games.

Personally, I like supporting official products. So, I'll buy the NES device. However, I am also interested in the Pi. Might make a good travel companion for hotels.

Yep...the $140 price tag and ROM hunt isn't for everyone. That's where devices like this NES Classic come in and cater to those people. Both devices have a place in the market.

30 games vs All the Games.

Personally, I like supporting official products. So, I'll buy the NES device. However, I am also interested in the Pi. Might make a good travel companion for hotels.

Agreed. There are 'free' downloads of most games out there, it really is whether you decide to support the company or not. They will sell these very well I imagine.

I was all over this until I saw it doesnt have classic controller connections. I want to be able to hook up my NES Advantage controller.

I was all over this until I saw it doesnt have classic controller connections. I want to be able to hook up my NES Advantage controller.

I bet if the system sells a lot, someone may create an adapter.

The next vehicle I plan on buying is going to have factory-equipped headrest monitors with AV inputs and a 110V outlet. This new NES Classic is going be great for keeping the kiddos occupied on longer road trips. Plus I'll be getting one for myself. :)
I believe this device is HDMI out only. Could be wrong.

$60? For that much, [H] enthusiasts and tech savvy people can build a retropie from a Raspberry Pi 3 that will play a hell of a lot more than NES and a hell of a lot more than 30 games. I thought this was [H]ardOCP?

Fixed.

This is a great idea for the less tech savvy people. Cheap device, nostalgia for people who don't want to spend that much time figuring out how to configure the raspberry pi.
Also, for $60 into a Pi, you wouldn't be getting a controller with that. So a true Pi solution would be closer to $80-90.

Then of course, there's the legal aspect of obtaining the roms for your Pi.

If Nintendo were really smart, they'd have a way to plug in a custom cartridge that could hold another 20 games. Sell it for another $20. Have a few flavors. Sports, adventure, etc.

So want. In reality, I'd probably play it for the first hour, then have it sit on the tv collecting dust for the next 3 years. Oh nostalgia, you fickle beast.

Pretty fantastic games list. These should go quick come Christmas time.

Back