Nintendo's E3 Thread (I didn't see one!)

movax

2[H]4U
As topic says....

My take: Wow. Nintendo owns my wallet this holiday season. And I liked the bit at the end, about:

<Nintendo> WE WANT GAMES TO RULE THE WORLD'S LEISURE TIME!

A real nice conference, very lively, and very exciting. I like the custom Wiimote molds, cheap to make, and really extends the gaming expierience.

I thought the conference was... hmm... lackluster at best. It was more like an infomercial on trying to get people to buy a Wii by using several montages of news clips and families playing Wii games. Some of their "big" games got dates but it seemed like they were pushing the hardware (Wii Zapper... lol) a lot more heavily.

I am sorely underwhelmed while I can see where they're going with wii fit and all.

meh.

Wii Fit will sell by the boatload. It fits their model perfectly... while not my cup of tea, I can see my damn girlfriend wanting to play that all day long.

Miyamoto, the grand master ninja of game design, his new game is Wii Fit... an exercise game with a floor pad.

I'm done with Nintendo.

Eh. I was underwhelmed by this conference, much like Microsoft's last night.

The only worthwhile announcements were Mario Galaxy & Smash Bros release dates.

Wii Fit? Please. I hardly need a videogame console + accessory to stay fit. Although the Soccer Ball & Cleat dodging did look like fun, I'm sure it'll only be fun for a short amount of time (much like Wii Sports, which I played it out within the first week).

... and wtf happened to the other Wii Zapper??

The highlight of the show was watching "Josephine" working out on the Wii Fiit thing. :eek:

Wow, I didn't think anyone could have a more boring conference then MS but Nintendo proved me wrong. Seriously, Are they all trying to imitate Sony from last year?

Miyamoto, the grand master ninja of game design, his new game is Wii Fit... an exercise game with a floor pad.

I'm done with Nintendo.

I think you're nuts. Wii fit is *exactly* what I need at home, LOL :p. Maybe I'll actually get my chubby ass in shape now :)

The highlight of the show was watching "Josephine" working out on the Wii Fiit thing. :eek:

I'd say my highlight was the girl playing Metroid. That's really the only thing I got out of the whole thing. Wow... that's really sad when I think about it. :(

I think you're nuts. Wii fit is *exactly* what I need at home, LOL :p. Maybe I'll actually get my chubby ass in shape now :)

you need a video game to that for you? I am sorry but sounds very lazy, I mean super lazy, ever heard of something called willpower?

It was an okay conference. We got some tidbits of info about the better games like Mario Kart, and release dates for some important games... but it was absolutely nothing compared to last year's. Phantom Hourglass looks pretty cool, but I wish Miyamoto came out with an actual game and not something aimed at casual stuff.

Bleh. We'll see what happens over the next few days. Nintendo could still have something up their sleeve. Reggie did say "Stay tuned" when talking about Mario Kart... and Matt C. from IGN also said that a Nintendo franchise would be getting a Wii revival or something.

i agree, i only can say meh about the whole thing.

I am excited about brawl and galaxy tho.. i wouldnt mind getting phantom hourglass as well. :eek:

you need a video game to that for you? I am sorry but sounds very lazy, I mean super lazy, ever heard of something called willpower?

LOL, I'm a systems engineer, of *course* I'm lazy :D. I sit on my ass all day and work out network and systems problems, and harass people on Hardforum, sedentary is my middle name :p

The only thing I want the Wii for is SSB: Brawl. That's it.

Nintendo is on a role, but I really don't think there's anything for me there. The DS is another story... I love it!:)

Unfortunately, do to having to work, I didn't watch the conference. A friend of mine was sort of filling me in, as it was happening, and it didn't sound like I missed much. He said Nintendo was really going on about online gaming, and that they're giving gamers what they want, but I don't know if I'd go that far. Still, it's cool to hear some of the upcoming titles, and what they'll feature.

If there's some video recap (and I'm sure there will be), I'll check it out.

Wow, I didn't think anyone could have a more boring conference then MS but Nintendo proved me wrong. Seriously, Are they all trying to imitate Sony from last year?

You were expecting some sort of Apple keynote?

Pretty unimpressive.

We got dates for the big 3 which is cool, and I've been waiting for the Mario Kart Wii announcement, but other than that there really wasn't anything to get excited for. It's really sad that they chose to dedicate most of the show to Wii Fit, because not only am I not excited for that game, but it's just a very boring game to display.

What?

WiiFit looks fun and interesting.

I'm really excited about Mario Kart Wii and the new Smash Brothers.

The new controls and whatnot for the Wii sound interesting also. The gun thing was pretty amusing.

Kart & SSBB interest me enough to get a wii then.
But I wouldn't pay more than 30 for wiifit

What if a decent developer got a hold of that Wii fit pad and made a skateboarding game?

Very unimpressive... and I never thought anything could be worse than the MS conference. 75% patting themselves on the back, 5% games and 20% Wii Fit (which in my opinion needs fat monitoring pads, but it will still sell like hotcakes)

Kinda missed everything since I'm at work - did they mention anything on Wii Music stuff? E.g. their E3 trailer with the guy holding 2 remotes as drum sticks? Or is that just a pipe dream.

Kinda missed everything since I'm at work - did they mention anything on Wii Music stuff? E.g. their E3 trailer with the guy holding 2 remotes as drum sticks? Or is that just a pipe dream.

It was just a tech demo. But it still may be in the works. There is a lot of Nintendo news that they didnt even talk about. I mean, I thought we'd see some Geometry Wars stuff, or Battallion Wars, or a montage of games, but they stayed quiet...

Psychotext - your sig is hilarious, but it's true. In the end, all that matters is games. E.g. I'm not playing my Wii at all right now since I'm waiting on future titles. A game like Assasin's Creed has caught my eye - but is it enough to get me to splurge for a $300+ system? Doubtful. I'd need at least 2-3 killer games I'm interested in to even consider it (otherwise I'd just play at a friend's house).

I'd need at least 2-3 killer games I'm interested in to even consider it (otherwise I'd just play at a friend's house).
For sure. It's why right now I don't own any of these consoles. But... based on games I can see myself picking up a 360 in September, PS3 probably when MGS4 / Killzone come out and Wii when they finally sort out GETTING GAMES TO EUROPE IN A TIMELY FASHION!

:D

Geez people, its only THE FIRST DAY of E3.
Its not like there wont be anymore new news in the next days.
This show is for the newspapers and media, big deal.

Everyone will be showing new games all week. Chill.

lol nintendo didn't really show off every single game like the others did. They just concentrated more in other areas. Pretty sure the wii will have something just like everyone else ;). Everyones coming online in the next titles of kart and smash so thats going to be good :cool:

the wiifit board has potential for things other than what they used it for, but really other than that all I want is mario galaxy, strikers, metroid, smash brothers, mario kart.

the conference was incredibly boring, and I'm a huge Nintendo fan.

I'd say my highlight was the girl playing Metroid. That's really the only thing I got out of the whole thing. Wow... that's really sad when I think about it. :(

I felt a little offended by this. It's borderline condescension to trot out a pretty girl just to distract the gamers. The guy was the one doing all the narrating to describe the game and coordinated with the girl to make sure that the features he wanted to cover would appear on the screen. But...why coordinate with someone else's hands, when you can just hold the controllers yourself? He doesn't even have a microphone in his hands, it's a shirt-clip mic.

I'll forgive them because the game looks pretty good:D

Back