Nintendo's E3 Keynote

As per his words.. how on earth does the Wii Vitality Sensor transport me into a new world of gaming?

I like how they announce a new controller related accessory before the previous one is even released. Not to mention the fact that they keep getting dumber and dumber.

ok, what did we really get out of the nintendo keynote

mario galaxy 2
Metroid: Other M
some weird thing that goes on our fingers

so apparently we need to buy the weird thing that goes on our fingers, a motion plus sensor for the wii-mote and 2 games... not happening for me.. might buy metroid

The wii vitality sensor takes you into another world by taking you into a world with idiots that pay for useless toys like a heart rate monitor. What am i? 90? Im pretty sure my heart rate is fine.

I still don't understand the finger dongle in any way.... what the hell is that thing

I think this is more insulting than Kutaragi saying that you need to have 2 jobs to try and afford a PS3. Seriously nintendo.. out of ideas already?

Well they ended with a few nice things, making this keynote SLIGHTLY better then last year... But I'm guessing, out of the big three, they'll have had the worst. I expect more from Sony already, so it's a safe assumption.

Microsoft actually showed more then just 30 second trailers. It's hard to get excited for any of these Nintendo games when you either see a logo and some concept art, or a best what ammounts to a 30 second commerical. The Conduit and the new Dead Space will probably be good.

I still don't understand the finger dongle in any way.... what the hell is that thing

Honestly, do you even care? I mean is there any possible use that would make you want to buy it or even know more about it? I can't think of one. That's sad, imo.

Meh, 1.5 new Mario games and a new Metroid game and no real release dates. Honestly, the conference wasn't as bad as last years but I still don't regret selling my Wii. That's perfectly fine since the company's focus has obviously shifted by releasing 10 billion casual games and sprinkle some "hardcore" games every now and then.

The wii vitality sensor takes you into another world by taking you into a world with idiots that pay for useless toys like a heart rate monitor. What am i? 90? Im pretty sure my heart rate is fine.

All those seniors in nursing homes have a use for it. Imagine, mid afternoon after their naps, they all see who's got the lower heartrate. First to flatline is the winnar.

Honestly, do you even care? I mean is there any possible use that would make you want to buy it or even know more about it? I can't think of one. That's sad, imo.

I was just curious I guess, it is new and different.. but mostly I don't understand the application to gaming in any way. My guess is its to make sure some fatass doesn't have a heart attack from using the wii fitness games

Three games there I'm interested in... and I'm really pissed about the Pikmin no show.

It has to be hard though, after seeing what Microsoft did yesterday and then coming out and trying to be all enthusiastic about a finger/pulse sensor.

Microsoft amazes, nintendo amuses.
In the hands of the right dev team a vitality sensor would be nice, eternal darkness style sanity linked to heart rate jumps forth, but and this is a big but, said developer doesn't exist.

It's not really about getting the right developer for it, the vitality sensor isn't for gamers.

My kids will be happy with the mario stuff but man past that Nintendo has gotten just fucking stupid. Better show than last year by 2%.

My kids will be happy with the mario stuff but man past that Nintendo has gotten just fucking stupid. Better show than last year by 2%.

Unfortunately, they'll still continue to sell Wiis by the shipload regardless of what they release or don't release...

Once again Nintendo is ignoring the core market of gamers and gearing towards casual players by taking their once great games and dumbing them down even more. It makes me a sad panda and makes them fist fulls of money... I wonder how long they can keep rehashing the crap out of their games...

They got it all wrong, the vitality is not for the finger... you slip it on,,,... grab a nunchuk, and a remote, and you stand on the wii fit PLUS and then you play tha fuck out of Nintendo!!! Also don't forget about the camera and the plus, and motion plus. Now you can get in motion virtually with power of Wee...
*sarcasm*

I weep for my Wii. I basically use it for GH, EA Active, and a web browser for my HDTV. Hopefully, they will add DVD playback and I'll use it for that.

Other than what I listed, it's worthless and it's a shame because it had so much potential.

I guess I am the only one that is happy with what Nintendo put out.

Both the Mario games, Golden Sun 2 and a new Metriod. Pair that with the previous new Zelda announcement and I am content with what they put out.

Looking at MS keynote all the games I am interested in from them are sequels. Nothing new. I am not sold on the Natal at all. It reminds me of when the Wii was announced and how awesomely the Wiimotes worked, quite a bit differently than real life.

Actually the Natal kind of worries me. How long before the 360 starts getting games like Cooking Mama 360 or MS Fit 360 that use it...... I love my Wii casual games, but I need the other consoles to keep their focus on the core market.

Don't get me wrong, the actual presentation was much more exciting for MS. Nintendo's was boring. MS stole the show. But when I get right down to it and games I will actually buy, MS and Nintendo are tied.

Both the Mario games, Golden Sun 2 and a new Metriod. Pair that with the previous new Zelda announcement and I am content with what they put out.

Looking at MS keynote all the games I am interested in from them are sequels.

Sorry, I'm a big nintendo fanboi, but I had to point out this excerpt from your post.....I couldn't resist :).

Sorry, I'm a big nintendo fanboi, but I had to point out this excerpt from your post.....I couldn't resist :).

I am both a fan-boy of Nintendo and MS. At the end of the day I am happy with what they both put out. The types of games I like on my 360 are getting sequels and all the games I really like on the Wii are also getting new games. What is there not to like?

But I just can't get past the Natal and the horror that will be whole body waggle.

I'm eager for a release date of WarioWare: DIY.

And funny enough, the DIY title reminds me of assembling a computer. :p

Excellent titles announced. Surprised of the new Metroid game.

Metroid is the only exciting thing that I've seen from Nintendo in a long while. New Mario and Zelda is alright but we knew we where already getting those.

Nintendo needs something new, sheesh I'd be estatic if a new F-Zero or Starfox came out but a new ip could be even better.

Back