Nintendo Wii will be $149 @ Walmart starting Dec 5th...

the entire idea of the gift card is Wal-Mart wants you to now spend MORE money in the store.

so now you get a $50 gift card, and say you want that brand new game that is $60, well now you think, i got a free $50, so now lets get the game, spend $10... or you could get a cheaper game and some other items and stay below the $50, but i am willing to bet, people likely spend just a little more then the $50 gettig other items.

congrats their plan worked, you spent more money in the store, and also bought a product you may not have otherwise bought with out the gift card.

Who does this deal work out for? People who:

1. Someone who wanted a Wii
2. planned to buy more things at Wal-Mart anyways or shop there regularly.

2B. Drive a car. I've already spent $38 of my gift card on gasoline. I'm not paying EXTRA tax that I can avoid on that $50 by using it for another merchandise purchase.

Besides, if you're going to buy a wii, you know you're going to have to buy at least $100 in accessories for it.

the entire idea of the gift card is Wal-Mart wants you to now spend MORE money in the store.

so now you get a $50 gift card, and say you want that brand new game that is $60, well now you think, i got a free $50, so now lets get the game, spend $10... or you could get a cheaper game and some other items and stay below the $50, but i am willing to bet, people likely spend just a little more then the $50 gettig other items.

congrats their plan worked, you spent more money in the store, and also bought a product you may not have otherwise bought with out the gift card.

Are people really still talking about this? Is there not anything better to do in your life?

They had two at the North Logan, Utah store the morning I showed up to look at Compactflash cards. Wife miscalculated our finances and by the time the mistake was found and corrected, there were no Wiis and no sign they'd come in.

Deal's over anyway as of yesterday, I believe.

How is this a hot deal? This is what it should have been priced at when it came out. It should be 100 or less by now.

How is this a hot deal? This is what it should have been priced at when it came out. It should be 100 or less by now.

Yes because they spent no money developing it :rolleyes: so based on your theory, the 360 shoudl be about $150 since it uses pc parts for the most part, same controller and so on fromt he previous xbox...

It's $50. That's only a lot to a twelve year old.

Again though, it is a $50 gift card, you still have to spend $199 to buy a Wii, then you get the $50 gift.

Yes because they spent no money developing it :rolleyes: so based on your theory, the 360 shoudl be about $150 since it uses pc parts for the most part, same controller and so on fromt he previous xbox...

Well if you look back I remember reading they were actually going to release the Wii at the starting MSRP of $149.99. It is really just a small white gamecube with a new controller honestly. It doesn't have a whole lot of technological advances over it. I will hand it to them for making so much $$$ of people on it though. When it first came out, no one got it and a year later it became so popular you couldn't even get one. The 360 probably shouldn't have been as expensive as it was when it came out either, but it has a hell of a lot more value in what it is actually capable of doing. You can think what you want, but I wouldn't pay more than $100 for it.

Paying more for something that's worth it is a good thing. It ensures the company who made it will stick around.

Dreamcast, anyone?

By the way, how much does the Wii's online functionality cost per month again?

Best Buy has a deal with the Wii set and Wario Land Shake It for $199. I scored that one.

For those of us that own a PS3 and are over the age of 12 have no use for a Wii, unless I start buying $150 paperweights.

For those of us that own a PS3 and are over the age of 12 have no use for a Wii, unless I start buying $150 paperweights.

The Wii is for people who have friends who come over to visit.

Well, unless an extra console or three, extra HDTV or three and extra copy of each game or three is your idea of a good time... and you have the room for it--and don't mind your living room evoking laughter.

PS: Seriously, why is it that when we finally have the technology to make split-screen excellent, it becomes an endangered species?

It's $50. That's only a lot to a twelve year old.

You are seriously posting that saving $50 isn't a good deal in a hot deals section of a forum? Really? You should probably leave and go back to your "I love to pay full price" abercrombie forum.

You are seriously posting that saving $50 isn't a good deal in a hot deals section of a forum? Really? You should probably leave and go back to your "I love to pay full price" abercrombie forum.

Are you drunk? Apply common sense. Fronting $50 only to get it back immediately is a problem due to limited initial capital.

Easy on the trigger finger there.

you are paying full price......

Go do this deal, tell me how much they charge you for the Wii, it will show $199 on your receipt, and you will pay $199 for it, not $149 for a Wii.

They will then give you $50 "credit" to spend in the store, so you could now go buy a 2nd Wii and pay $149..... then sure, you got a deal! but you still spent $199 to buy a Wii in the first place.

you are paying full price......

Go do this deal, tell me how much they charge you for the Wii, it will show $199 on your receipt, and you will pay $199 for it, not $149 for a Wii.

They will then give you $50 "credit" to spend in the store, so you could now go buy a 2nd Wii and pay $149..... then sure, you got a deal! but you still spent $199 to buy a Wii in the first place.
what an ignorant way of looking at it. $50 gift certificate for Wal Mart where you can buy pretty much any product you normally use on a daily basis is the same as money to most people. its not like you are stuck with a gift certificate to some obscure store where you would never buy something anyway. I swear some people find the dumbest crap to complain about.

what an ignorant way of looking at it. $50 gift certificate for Wal Mart where you can buy pretty much any product you normally use on a daily basis is the same as money to most people. its not like you are stuck with a gift certificate to some obscure store where you would never buy something anyway. I swear some people find the dumbest crap to complain about.

*nods*

A frozen pizza, a pint of Ben and Jerry's (Americone Dream FTW), a can of shave gel, a jug of Orange Juice, a fifth of Vodka, one of those big $6 subs they sell, a bag of those cheeto/popcorn hybrid snacks, a 12-pack of soda, a box of condoms, a Symphony chocolate bar, a Wii points card, four bottles of Gatorade and a small bottle of Ibuprofen.

Walmart sells the tools for a killer weekend. Fifty bucks will get you far. It's up to you to make the friends, meet the women and see where fate takes you. I've heard guys complain that the Wii is for women. Let me ask you this: Who are you trying to meet?

Additionally: Buy a WiiFit. Ever watch a woman move while playing a Wii game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr3NEF0kIAg I rest my case.

consolechartyr2.jpg

But also rumor says new gen of Wii will surface as early as First Quarter of 2010 with upgraded hardwares to compete with PS3 and Xbox360

Umm...source for this or did you just feel like making this up? I HIGHLY doubt this...

Back