Nintendo Switch accessories

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Just bought a Switch and looking for some suggestions for some must have accessories. Thinking of getting a screen protector because it is an expensive device and does not have a clam shell design like the 3DS does. Any particular brand that is worth getting?

Also thinking of getting this Amazon Basics Playstand. Any reason to spend $12 more for a Hori one or should this be good enough?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LQD2Y...olid=3STMQIO4WPV8L&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Anything else I should look into getting?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the HORI stand, but the Amazon one looks pretty much the same. It works well, it's just a plastic stand. No reason to get that huge aluminum thing that doesn't fold down.

Also, screen protector is a must. I would also recommend some sort of carrying case for both the console and the cartridges (unless you plan on going full digital)

Don't forget to get a MicroSD card as well. I would recommend at least 64 GB.

You are also probably going to want another USB-C charger as well, since the one they give you typically stays with the dock (in my experience, anyway). But I guess that is dependent on how often you plan to play it mobile.

So far I ended up getting an accessory pack off of ebay. Came with a case / game holder, plastic over mold bumper/protector (useless IMO) and another USB to USB-C charger. I did get four screen protectors but as I figured they were junk. I will likely end up getting the amFilm glass one and probably the Amazon play stand.

Something I didn't realize before purchasing is you can't charge the grip holder for the joy cons. Would've been great if they included a charging port so you could charge while you play if you happen to run low on the battery. Apparently they do sell a charging grip, but they want $25 for it. So far it seems like a nice system but that just seems like Nintendo is trying to charge for every little feature. An extra USB-C port on the default grip that comes with the system wouldn't have cost them more. Just seems crazy that they sell that and a pro controller. Any good aftermarket alternatives for this?

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Joy-Charging-Grip-switch/dp/B01N33MFPK

I know the Joy Cons in practice have a good 12-16+ hour life span but my main issue is that I plan on keeping the system tucked away. Pulling the system out as well as the joy cons every time I want to play is a pain cable management wise.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you want a full size controller, I would just recommend getting the Pro controller. The JoyCon grip sucks IMO. It's usable, but has pretty terrible ergonomics.

If you want a full size controller, I would just recommend getting the Pro controller. The JoyCon grip sucks IMO. It's usable, but has pretty terrible ergonomics.

I may end up doing that eventually. Problem is they've very pricey. I'm sure it is of great quality but not sure if I want to spend that much on it. Like Mario Odyssey but after a few hours the JoyCon + grip thing is a bit painful. Wish I could use my 360 controller. :p

Get a pro controller well worth the money an watch amazon they have been having deals if you buy a switch case you get pro control super cheap

Back