Nintendo Switch Accessories

DGMurdockIII

Limp Gawd
I looking for suggestions on some nintendo switch accessories like batteries case, joy con grips, headphones with microphone any help would be appreciated

Just pick up Zelda Breath of the Wild and the new dlc and you should be set.

If you have big hands OP then you definitely need a grip of some kind. I bought three different kinds on Amazon. I personally like the ones that just go over the joy cons so that way I can still slide the Switch in and out of the dock.

Also a Pro Controller and like chenw said a screen protector. A screen protector was the first thing I put on mine.

Pro Controller if you have any desire at all to play docked
Screen protector
Some sort of case for the games/system, if you plan on taking it mobile

Pro Controller if you have any desire at all to play docked
Screen protector
Some sort of case for the games/system, if you plan on taking it mobile

That's all I have, and I don't feel like there's something else out there I need.

9 months later I'm still waiting for a decent travel case that is big enough to hold the AC adapter but isn't the size of a trunk or backpack. There are lots of good smaller ones (and a couple huge ones), but nothing medium sized. Amazon's is probably the closest, but it's big enough where it's meant to hold the dock, too.

9 months later I'm still waiting for a decent travel case that is big enough to hold the AC adapter but isn't the size of a trunk or backpack. There are lots of good smaller ones (and a couple huge ones), but nothing medium sized. Amazon's is probably the closest, but it's big enough where it's meant to hold the dock, too.

I know what you mean. I scoured Amazon and none of them look like they could hold the AC adapter.

The fact that the stock AC adapter is a monster doesn't help :p
When I went to Europe over the summer I just didn't bring the AC adapter. When the Switch ran out of juice, that was that.

For the AC adapter you're better off going with a USB solution. As long as you get any USB charger that is doing 5v/2A it's enough to power the Switch without the battery draining. You'll need a charger that supports USB-PD if you want enough wattage to both play and charge at the same time though. Either way these style chargers are smaller then the official Nintendo one and make for better travel. You can even use a small 5V/1A USB charger like the Apple iPhone charger if you want and while this only feeds 5 watts it's enough power to extend playtime by a huge margin, and while the switch is in sleep mode is still able to charge it pretty fast.

Bottom line is that while traveling I don't bother bringing the massive official power adapter. I just bought a USB A - C cable and use my small iPhone 5w adapter, and most planes have 5V/1A USB power jacks built into the seats as well.

The fact that the stock AC adapter is a monster doesn't help :p
When I went to Europe over the summer I just didn't bring the AC adapter. When the Switch ran out of juice, that was that.

Can u list some brands u would recommend

For the AC adapter you're better off going with a USB solution. As long as you get any USB charger that is doing 5v/2A it's enough to power the Switch without the battery draining. You'll need a charger that supports USB-PD if you want enough wattage to both play and charge at the same time though. Either way these style chargers are smaller then the official Nintendo one and make for better travel. You can even use a small 5V/1A USB charger like the Apple iPhone charger if you want and while this only feeds 5 watts it's enough power to extend playtime by a huge margin, and while the switch is in sleep mode is still able to charge it pretty fast.

Bottom line is that while traveling I don't bother bringing the massive official power adapter. I just bought a USB A - C cable and use my small iPhone 5w adapter, and most planes have 5V/1A USB power jacks built into the seats as well.

Just ordered this one and will get it in Sunday. I'll report back if it fits in my case although it's the best charger I could find that's 5v/3A. I NEED to be able to charge and play especially on flights. That Nintendo block is unwieldy.

http://a.co/7I4FWjB

Here is the travel case that I got:

http://a.co/7ZJ319V

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Deli...id=1513368339&sr=8-25&keywords=usb+pd+charger

That's the charger I picked up a few weeks ago and the USB-A ports have enough to charge the switch while playing, but ultimately the USB-C w/ PD port is what you need for full dock mode and/or full charging speed. The 5V USB-A port just isn't enough for all cases, and the switch internally won't accept more then 2 amps for 5V which limits you to 10 watts. This leaves only 2~watts at most to charge while playing in mobile mode.

I don't know how long your flights are, but frankly the standard 5v/1a ports on flights is enough to extend the playtime of the switch out to 8 hours easily as the 5w input means only a 2-3w drain on the battery at most. Further, any time you take a break from playing it's going to be charging anyways.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I went with the Magic-NS dongle instead, but that's mostly because I already have Dualshock 4 to use, and that I really don't like the look of the layout on the SN30/SF30 pro.

I am a lot more interested in SN30/SF30, but they don't support anything besides classics or Wii/Wii U without using Mayflash convertor IIRC.

Back