Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Passes Away, Age 55

twonunpackmule

[H]ard|Gawd
"Satoru Iwata, the president of Nintendo since 2002 and CEO of Nintendo of America since 2013, has died at the age of 55. A company statement attributed his death to a “bile duct growth”; in recent years, a tumor on his bile duct reduced his public visibility, keeping him away from several industry events. Iwata came to Nintendo during one of its roughest patches — the transition to modern 3-D consoles — and oversaw its greatest comeback, the twin successes of the casual-gamer-minded Nintendo DS platform and Wii platforms, in the mid-2000s."

https://recode.net/2015/07/12/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-passes-away-age-55/

OMFG! What is happening..............................................................................

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

RIP

Can't say i've enjoyed a nintendo game in the last decade but he did help develop one of my favorite games Earthbound. For that he has my respect. RIP

Rest in peace, Iwata-san. The industry lost one of it's greatest people this past weekend, and you will be forever missed. :(

That man was responsible for half my childhood and now the beginning of my adulthood. He made so many great games possible and was such a great human being. It's a very sad time for all, RIP.

That is sad, Mr. Iwata was a titan. Games like EarthBound, Kirby and Ballon Fight are what got me into gaming in the first place.

Back