Nintendo NX May Be Revealed Next Week, Price Is “Major Disappointment”

calm down. take a deep breath. everything will be ok... :)

all processes drift towards chaos. all i'm saying is: that's a lot of moving parts, for a console. it will be interesting.

Again: it is a silly, pointless complaint.

That thing basically looks like they took a Vita and made it bigger. Which is totally fine with me, because in my opinion the Vita is technically hands down one of the best handheld consoles ever released. It's small, it sips battery, it can be on standby for well over a week, it's responsive, the graphics are good, and there's nothing unnecessary on it. On the other hands, my 3DS....
... is a pile of crap. The only reason I use my 3DS is because it has some exclusives I want to play. Technically it's just a gimmicky, laggy POS. It's a pity Sony abandoned the Vita as they have. I guess Nintendo finally realized that since their graphics tend to be mediocre anyway, why bother having a full console when the majority of it could run on a mobile GPU. Or maybe that dock provides some extra functionality when plugged in, a la the external laptop GPU's of late.

As far as Nintendo consoles are involved, the last thing I bought new was a Gamecube. I also have a Wii (not U), but that's only because I found it for relatively cheap at the thrift store... There are a surprising amount of Wii's being donated in general, more than any other console. I rarely see anything beyond maybe a PS1 for the other manufacturers. Might mean that a lot of parents get a Wii for their kids and then donate it later.

Then your keyboard is a gigantic failure waiting to happen. Such a silly, pointless complaint.

It IS a failure waiting to happen, so no it's not a pointless complaint. On mechanical keyboards, eventually switches can start chattering and go bad. Likewise, what's the failure rate of mechanic hard disks vs solid state hard disks? What happens when you drop a hard disk?

Fact of the matter is, reasonable force application as defined by users of a product is not meant to match your fault simulation systems. It's not like resistor +/- 5% tolerances or something, where the differences mean nothing in net. That little bit of screwup in the manufacturing of this one slider on the side of this tablet can mean someone trying to jam the thing in there and it utterly breaking off.

Hell, my PS4 controller came with very stiff buttons. I had to open the thing up and then unscrew all this stuff in the way, and then when I finally got to the buttons, lo and behold the manufacturing process left some random goop there which was causing them to stick. Mechanical things in general bring in another layer of complexity. That's why you tend to try to use extremely standardized connectors, or extremely simple ones. IE controller ports, memory slots. This one's a bit out there.

I see it selling well in Japan where their mobile market is vast but NA? I think their lineup will be a deciding factor. But it's pretty cool at first glance.

nintnintendoms800-1.jpg

My hands got cramps from just looking at the tiny controllers being used for gaming.

Yar, definitely wouldn't want to play a basketball game with that thing. 'Switch Claw' might become a thing. I do like the idea of impromptu local co-op, mind you.

The Joy-Con Grip attachment looks good, there was another screenshot where the controller can actually 'stand' on a table - which I liked.

I'm hoping somebody releases a grip for it that gives it a netbook/laptop form factor. Folds to protect the screen.

I predict this one will have a controller that is $150 and flop just like the last one.

Back