nintendo DS.... thoughts?

BillLeeLee said:
For gameboy strategy games, Final Fantasy Tactics is one of the best. Advance Wars 1 and 2 are great too.

You already have Fire Emblem, which sucked up three weeks of my life last term, just be sure to never use the character Marcus...ever. You'll understand why.

Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age are great. You should play them in order since they're on storyline. Final Fantasy I and II will be out in a collection in a couple days, look for those.

I think I'm going to pick up FFT this week and Advance Wars is definitly on my list; as it was one of my favorite games on the NES.

hahaha that sucks cause I love using Marcus! Damn maybe I'll have him guard the tent for now on. (Spy?) :p I'm guessing this is some kind of spoiler.

I was reading about the Golden Sun series sounds fun and it got great reviews. Going to have to give it a try. But I jump from game to game to quickly and lose interest in previous ones so I think I might finish Fire Emblem first.

Looks like a good list of GBA games! I can't wait for the DS games to start flowing out... (or maybe trickling out?)

bawbeh said:
On a side note can anyone recommend any GBA RPG or Strategy RPG games? I was going to get Final Fantasy Tactics Advance or something of that sort but purchased Fire Emblem on a whim. I actually play that GBA game more than I do Mario64 :p But my girlfriend loves the mini-games in Mario so I eventually play it more to unlock stuff.

If you can find it, Tactics Ogre is a much better game than FFTA (not that the latter is bad, mind you).

And, though it isn't technically a RPG, Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap is fantastic (out in the UK right now and no region lock!).

bawbeh said:
hahaha that sucks cause I love using Marcus! Damn maybe I'll have him guard the tent for now on. (Spy?) :p I'm guessing this is some kind of spoiler.

Main reason you shouldn't use marcus is because he gets so few experience when he takes someone down. Notice how he only gets maybe 3 exp compared to everyone else who can get 30 or 40 or such?

ECM said:
If you can find it, Tactics Ogre is a much better game than FFTA (not that the latter is bad, mind you).

And, though it isn't technically a RPG, Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap is fantastic (out in the UK right now and no region lock!).

Can't believe I forget Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis, since that was the first game I bought for my GBA. It is a great game.

And you guys get the Minish Cap before us? :mad: :D

Here's another vote for Tactics Ogre over FFTA. It's much better: more difficult, more fun, more complex......it's just better. FFTA is a dumbed down game.

whadayaknow, I even have tactics ogre in my DS right now(along with mario 64 of course:D)

anyways, the DS is great, and mario 64 is awsome:D I can't wiat for metroid though, and I've already got zelda preordered, I'm so glad this thing can play gba games.

bountyhunter said:
Here's another vote for Tactics Ogre over FFTA. It's much better: more difficult, more fun, more complex......it's just better. FFTA is a dumbed down game.

whadayaknow, I even have tactics ogre in my DS right now(along with mario 64 of course:D)

anyways, the DS is great, and mario 64 is awsome:D I can't wiat for metroid though, and I've already got zelda preordered, I'm so glad this thing can play gba games.

What Zelda, the new one coming out for GC or is there one I dont know about yet?

inotocracy said:
What Zelda, the new one coming out for GC or is there one I dont know about yet?

There is one coming out for Gameboy Advance, called "The Minish Cap", and a Zelda game for the DS has been confirmed if I remember correctly.

inotocracy said:

I was talking about the gba one(minish cap)......but I can't wait for the other 2, either. I don't care what anyone says, Ocarina of Time is still the best game ever.....

bountyhunter said:
I was talking about the gba one(minish cap)......but I can't wait for the other 2, either. I don't care what anyone says, Ocarina of Time is still the best game ever.....

QFT.

Man, if the original Smash Brothers is rereleased on the DS with wireless capability...after cleaning up my pants, I'll never be without a DS in hand again. :p

im taking mine to school tomorrow, hope some other kids have them during 1st block. haha

i wish the range were > 100ft.... :(

There needs to be a good 2D metroid to come out on these new systems. I mean just because you can do 3D, doesn't mean you have too. Take Viewtiful Joe for instance.

BillLeeLee said:
And you guys get the Minish Cap before us? :mad: :D

Well, the Brits (and the other Euros did) but I imported it =D

Starts out slow but started to get that LTTP vibe about an hour in which is very very bad for productivity.

I don't own one, but my brother does and I played it for a long time this Thanksgiving weekend.

I'll be completely honest, using it is a bit awkward at first. The reasoning for this is obvious: it uses a touch screen. But once you get used to it (which honestly only takes about a couple of minutes), it's very fun, and very unique. Shooting stuff with a stylus actually works much better than I had thought.

Besides Metroid, I also got to play the Super Mario 64 remake. I beat the original game back on the N64, so this time I spent 95% of my time playing the minigames. They're ADDICTING. Touch screen + stylus = great minigame potential. You don't have to take my word for it though, try it for yourself and you'll be a believer!

brom42 said:
You never know when I giant set of genitals is going to flash across your screen. :eek:
I had to quote this because it's so true. I seriously hope no innocent person ever catches a glimps of the DS conversations between my little brother and his friend (grossest pictures EVER).

do ds's work as links between eachother?

like say i, ds A want to chat with ds C, who is just out of range (like 130 ft away)
however, ds B is right in the middle, in range between both, and in the same chatroom. Will ds C be able to chat with ds A now?

I Love my DS, although i kind of think that the current lineup of games is pretty weak. Mario 64 was the only release game i was interested in. Hunters, and Advance wars look awesome though.

Seems like there are going to be some better releases come the first of the year.

got mine a week ago with mario, got 40 something stars. its alot of fun but im waiting on one game.... goldeneye

:D

oh my god if goldeneye came out for it..... that would be amazing.

i remember many-a-night up till 4 with my friends playing multiplayer....

Back