Nintendo DS and EBworld.com

Baker

2[H]4U
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/groups/nintendo_ds/

Looks like 3/1/2005 is gonna be a good day to add a few games to your list :D

:p

On another note.. I was just looking for games for my GC... I was looking at Four Swords... is this worth picking up? I have it for GBA but if the GC version is as long as the GBA version.. I think I'll save my money.

50 bux for a ds game, sheesh.. thats just way too much, id rather invest in a new vid card :)

Four Swords for Gamecube is okay. I played the import with a few guys months ago and never cared for it enough to try the domestic release. I don't think there was much lost on the language barrier. The game seems to split you too much between competition and cooperation. You need to cooperate to get through many sections but it seemed like there were few group rewards and the guy who was the biggest team player was the biggest loser. The GBA game was much better in the teamwork dynamic, I feel. Go ahead and rent it. It entertained us for a few hours but we never did care enough to get through the whole thing. If you want a four-man adventure game, Crystal Chronicles is much better.

I think my only complaint about the DS, is the simple fact that they did not include a "JOYSTICK" for gaming like the PSP has..... They killed so many games by just having a pad :( They could had better driving games, and fighting games with a joystick :(

And also picture playing Super Mario 64 4x4 with a pad ? don't know how well mario is gonna control in a 3d world with a pad :confused:

shaggymcp said:
I think my only complaint about the DS, is the simple fact that they did not include a "JOYSTICK" for gaming like the PSP has..... They killed so many games by just having a pad :( They could had better driving games, and fighting games with a joystick :(

And also picture playing Super Mario 64 4x4 with a pad ? don't know how well mario is gonna control in a 3d world with a pad :confused:

Uhhhhh.... . . . Fighting games and joystick = no no. Not only is it harder to do quarter-circles but comboing is harder....

For driving games yes... but I don't know about a lot of you guys.. but I wouldn't want to stick something like a DS in my pocket with a Joystick poaking at my pants.

"Is that a Nintendo DS in your pantz, or are you just happy to see me?"... I'll stick to my D-Pad :p

Um, I think GBA games are $50 too arn't they? Well I think the old B&W GB games were $50 at least. Do we know the price of the actual system yet?

Wow...

Who trusts EB games release dates anyways? All they want is some poor souls to preorder their games. They have the money in hand to use, making interest. And when the new software actually comes out, and the prices all drop to $30 like most GBA games, they send everyone a nice $20 refund. They pocket the interest, and everyone is happy.

I never said anything about trusting them.... I was just looking over their DS section and thought it was rather "funny" that all the release dates were the exact same..... :p

You can always cancel them too till the day it ships. I have preordered once and done that.

i agree, they milk it though because of the japanese market. the american market does well, but the turnover on a majority of electronics here is much slower then japan.

XxMe_LoCoxX said:
Screw the DS......PSP is gona PWN.

Intelegent argument...

As for the release date, dont even trust it, as the date did not come from Nintendo, so its not official. Dosnt ebgames still say that the date for TF2 is 2/1999?

How long till the DS replaces the GBA, or is Nintendo gonna have 2 portables(most likely no)?

But if I had a choice, I would rather have a PSP because of the mulimedia capabilites and
no doubt there are gonna be some kick ass games. The PSP screen is friggin nice.
But the DS will have the library and battery life.

shaggymcp said:

umm, remember mario kart for SNES?

insane game, no joystick.

i think the ds is wireless is it not? so isn't that multiplayer hehe

also why would the games come out 4 months after the DS? that wouldn't make to much sense. i hope they make a convertor like the GBA for the gamecube so i can buy some of the crazy games like Super mario ds and sonic DS, they are 3d side scrollers. well 2d games with great graphics in old school format

I already have a GBS so i'll probably just get the DS when its less then 100$. the PSP seems like a much better system anyways. i love the widescreen design.

Do you guys know if you can play GBA games on the DS? GBA can play GB and GBC games along with Advanced games... think that DS can play All of the above?

Back