Nintendo and Universal in Talks for Animated Mario Bros. Movie

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Megalith, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Megalith

Megalith 24-bit/48kHz Staff Member

Since the first attempt turned out so well, we’re getting another Mario flick. According to a new Wall Street Journal report, this one will be an animated film from Minions and Shrek studio Universal Animation. Both Nintendo and Universal are reportedly close to signing on the dotted line.

A partnership with Universal makes sense - Nintendo has already inked a deal to open a Nintendo Land in three Universal Studios theme parks, with rides featuring franchises such as Donkey Kong and Mario Kart currently being built. The first of these theme park areas is expected to open at Universal Studios in Osaka in time for Japan to host the 2020 Olympic Games.

otherweeb likes this.
  2. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Gawd

I think it will do better being an animated film more than live action.....the original movie was just terrible.

3. CptCabbit

CptCabbit n00bie

I saw the live action one in theaters when it came out, i still think it's an amazing movie.

Is it a good Mario bros movie? Decidedly not. Is it a good movie? You bet your sweet bob-omb it is.

sabrewolf732, tetris42 and Armenius like this.
  4. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

5. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

You sick fuck.

That said, it was...something, alright. Amazing at how bad it was, maybe. :p

CptCabbit likes this.
  6. shad0w4life

shad0w4life Gawd

Don't talk bad about Robocop, Terminator, Mario Bros, The Wizard, Gremlins, Dino Riders, Captain N!

Wrecked Em likes this.
  7. Kinsaras

Kinsaras 2[H]4U

8. blkt

blkt Gawd

koopa.gif
    koopa.jpg

Armenius likes this.
  9. lostinseganet

lostinseganet Gawd

Me too man... I liked it. It was silly, but I did like it...I also liked Warcraft the movie, and the first Mortal Kombat movie. I still have not seen Jem and the holograms live action movie yet :p. I guess I am their demograph.

Armenius likes this.
  10. Spidey329

Spidey329 [H]ardForum Junkie

There's a good documentary or YouTube doc (can't remember) on it. Talks about how there was a very big falling out between the cast/crew and husband/wife (new to the movie part of the business) directors. Like an active mutiny on set - apparently in some scenes, the actors are visibly drunk because they got so fed up they just said "f it". I think John L. even crashed the plumber van while drunk (injuring Hoskins), so Hoskins had to hide the injury for the rest of filming.

Apparently the original screenplay was nothing like what came about because of the directors and/or Nintendo.

The resulting shit show is why those directors didn't work much afterwards.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  11. Lenard

Lenard [H]Lite

Dennis Hopper was amazing.