Nintendo And Microsoft Are Rubbing Sony's Face In It

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Last week we brought you news of Sony locking Fortnite accounts to PS4 only and the uproar this is causing. This week Microsoft and Nintendo are jumping on the bandwagon and put out a joint video that highlights how they play well together and Sony doesn't. It's a pretty good jab at Sony and the tweets back and forth are pretty good too.

Watch the video here.

And while at the end of the day it’s just a marketing jab, I think it’s one a lot of people can genuinely get behind because Sony’s policy sucks, and if two rival massive companies want to have some fun with that, then have at it.

This is funny coming from MS. They use to be hardcore anti cross play during the 360 era. Now that they are last place they change their mind set. Shitty on Sony part cause they use to be ok with cross play til recently. Nintendo is still 10 years behind Sony and MS when it come to online play.

It does allow crossplay.

Yes it does. Sony only locks the Fortnite account down so you can't go into another system, AKA XBOX, and log in with your Playstation Fortnite Account. Still shitty but Sony is not disallowing crossplay.

Yes it does. Sony only locks the Fortnite account down so you can't go into another system, AKA XBOX, and log in with your Playstation Fortnite Account. Still shitty but Sony is not disallowing crossplay.

Yea i don't know how so many people can get this wrong. The fake news cycle is intense. Twitter has turned into nothing but a platform for witch hunts, fueled by inaccuracies.

Dont think Sony cares tbh. blown out of proportion if you ask me. I have no problem having a second account on my switch for fortnite, let me daughter use it anyway so we can play together.

Dont think Sony cares tbh. blown out of proportion if you ask me. I have no problem having a second account on my switch for fortnite, let me daughter use it anyway so we can play together.
You should have a problem with it because they never told you they were commandeering that particular account when you linked them. If they simply allowed you to unlink the account from PSN, and even take away all PSN goodies - the problem would be solved. The drama isn’t about crossplay - Sony can do what they want there. The drama is over locking out an account without telling anyone they were doing as such.

Also one more point - actually in defense of Sony. I don’t understand why people aren’t pissed at Epic as well. They have a part in this and are allowing it to happen. They could have put out a notice “hey - we’re doing deals with Sony, here’s the restrictions that will be put on your account if you link them. FYI proceed at your own risk”. Again problem solved. But neither company did those things.

MS should just take over Nintendo and add their hardware and IP to their own. It’s the only way Xbox would succeed in japan and elsewhere. Or what I’d really like is if all consoles ceased to exist and devs moved back to the true gaming platform which is the PC.

This is funny coming from MS. They use to be hardcore anti cross play during the 360 era. Now that they are last place they change their mind set. Shitty on Sony part cause they use to be ok with cross play til recently. Nintendo is still 10 years behind Sony and MS when it come to online play.
So, why is Nintendo 10 years behind? I don't know... I don't like online, anything, but i had games ' play online' even in the wii... Its just that it was within the game itself,... opponents showed up and you played end of story ( it was a dance game) what happens in 10 years? A hand comes out and gives you a massage? Or is it that you can have 'friends' and it is more like a social media in the console on top of online play? Because technically online play can work as far as the wii, within the game anyway.

So, why is Nintendo 10 years behind? I don't know... I don't like online, anything, but i had games ' play online' even in the wii... Its just that it was within the game itself,... opponents showed up and you played end of story ( it was a dance game) what happens in 10 years? A hand comes out and gives you a massage? Or is it that you can have 'friends' and it is more like a social media in the console on top of online play? Because technically online play can work as far as the wii, within the game anyway.

I think it is something about friend lists and voicechat. Personally I could not give a damn.

(forever alone...)

Sony needs to relax. One of my kids plays Fortnight on a PS4. One of her friends has an Xbox One - they can't play together. This is stupid.
Got to say, I don't see the logic from Sony on this one...

Back