Nintendo Amiibo Collectors Thread

FrEaKy

[H] Movie and TV Show Review Guy
Going to go ahead and make a new thread for Amiibo collectors

I may not have much at the moment, from Wave 1 and 2, but having fun trying to get a bunch now;

Currently have from Wave 1, 2;

Zelda
Link
Little Mac (Unopened)
Pikachu
Samus
Peach
Yoshi
Fox (Unopened)
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Mario
Captain Falcon
Luigi

Currently have from Wave 3;

Rosalina + Luma (JAP, Unopened)
Bowser
Sonic
Mega Man (1 regular, 1 modded)
Toon Link
Sheik
Ike (Unopened)
Shulk (Unopened)
Meta Knight (Unopened)
King Dedede

SMB Wave 1;

Toad
Yoshi
Mario (In MP10 Bundle)
Gold Mario (Unopened)

Wave 4 Pre-Orders
Robin
Wario

Others on Order
Shulk - Reprint

Last edited:
I really want King Dedede and hope that Wario and Gannon are eventually on the way. I couldn't care less about the others. Just give me the brutish villains.

Got Mario, Link, Samus, and DK right at the start.
Found Toon Link on a tip the other day, looking for Sonic, Meta Knight and Megaman right now.
Will go for Pacman on release and that will do it for me. I'd go for more, but the stock issues are a bother and I have more important things to do.

AA7D6735-787F-4307-8EF4-14637BEAFA8D.jpg

Sheik gets here Monday.

I actually saw some Sheiks at both Target and Best Buy a few hours ago when looking for King De De De.

What do these actually do? My Lil guys are asking for them, we have about 20 Wii U games.

I'd like to know as well. Do they let you play those characters in a game?

But they are pretty cool to look at and collect. I wouldn't mind hanging them on my wall.

I didn't even bother trying to collect these.. I bought one just for the sake of buying one... Nintendo yet again though went full derp on day one and made collecting the entire set more complicated and expensive then sucking dick for heroin.

I have 5. Mario , peach, link, little mac and zelda.

I wanted to collect more. I even had some rare one in preorder. But i decided against it.

Makes sense, King Dedede is now the hardest amiibo to get at the moment.

Was able to get a Toon Link at Target yesterday, they had 2, only store in my area that had any, and they came in on a fluke.

Also, Gamestop had a Fox that was hiding in the back of the store, lol. Manager is a friend, one of their employee's had it on hold, and than hid it so they could buy it when they could afford it. He found it and called me up since he knew I had been hunting a few down.

Why are the characters I want the hard ones to get? Almost nobody plays Dedede or even Captain Falcon...yet I've never even seen either of them anywhere.

Why are the characters I want the hard ones to get? Almost nobody plays Dedede or even Captain Falcon...yet I've never even seen either of them anywhere.

Thats exactly why

They are un-popular characters, so Nintendo makes limited stock and 1 (maybe even 2) time runs of these characters and thats it.

Also, Gamestop had a Fox that was hiding in the back of the store, lol. Manager is a friend, one of their employee's had it on hold, and than hid it so they could buy it when they could afford it. He found it and called me up since he knew I had been hunting a few down.

Ha, nice. Kinda sad that buddy had to hide a $13 figurine until payday to afford it.

Added Diddy and Donkey Kong to my collection now. Found DK at Target for $10 (I think everyone had him for $10 actually).

They are phasing out 3 of the super 5. (Mario, Luigi, Peach, DK and Yoshi) to be replaced by version 2.0 which come out with Mario Party 10. Mario and Luigi will continue to stay.

Also, 3000 Wal-mart stores getting the exclusive Golden Mario on 3/20. Unsure if its a 12AM release or if its going to be a normal business day release (8AM). No one knows which 3000 stores, hoping mine might be one, but I am not going to go crazy if it aint.

My sister just ordered my son Captain Falcon, so now my son and I can add him to the collection.

The 20th could be very interesting.

Besides MP10 bundle with the mario amiibo, plus the 5 other SMB Amiibo's being released on the 20th, theres also the illusive Golden Mario that will be a Wal-Mart only exclusive, which has good and bad written all over it.

The good, most Wal-Mart's are a 24 hour store, and you can walk in on the 19th, ask if they are even going to have any in stock at the electronics dept and just chill there until midnight if they are.

The bad, MOST Wal-Mart's do not have a 1 per customer rule, so if you get one scalper dude in there, they will wipe out the stock in 1 go. Nintendo says there are GOING to be stock of this item on day 1, but I heavily doubt its going to last more than 2-5 minutes on the shelf and after that, there will be none, this is a one time exclusive.

The Mario in the MP10 bundle will be available at another date by himself, but he is a timed exclusive for the MP10 bundle.

I do have the MP10 bundle on pre-order at GameStop and paid for already, so Im not in a rush to get it in the morning, but the gold Mario at Wal-mart, I have to work early morning on the 20th and I work late on the 19th, there is no way I am going to be able to go there and steak-out for the release.

I saw a Toon Link at Walmart the other day, box was in perfect shape. I checked ebay and it was only going for $25 so I didn't think it was that rare... is it?

I bought a Wii Fit Trainer and a Villager at Target when they released. Trainer looks like it's only going for +-$25, but the Villager shot way up?

I've still never seen Captain Falcon and King Dedede. Those are the only two I want.

I've still never seen Captain Falcon and King Dedede. Those are the only two I want.

My sister ordered my son Captain Falcon

I've yet to see King Dedede or Pit, I really want to get my hands on a Pit.

Found a bro on reddit who is going to trade their NIB NA Pit + Kirby for my NIB NA Wii Fit Trainer

However, I am trying to work on a different deal with the same user, didn't know they had a few spare King Dedede's as well. So trying to get Pit + Dedede for my WFT and some paypal love. We will see.

I got them all right now. My dedede is creased and gamestop cancelled my extras so I need to replace it with a better one. I been in it since day 1 so I haven't missed any.

Traded my WFT for a NA NIB Gold Mario and NA NIB King Dedede

Fuck this amiibo collecting bullshit. I have every single other amiibo but I couldn't get a pre-order in for anything Wave 4 except Pac-Man. I'm waiting for the NFC cards now.

Fuck this amiibo collecting bullshit. I have every single other amiibo but I couldn't get a pre-order in for anything Wave 4 except Pac-Man. I'm waiting for the NFC cards now.

The NFC cards scare me, one was showing 095..... so, triple digit cards?

I think thats great if its for Pokemon, Earthbound or games with large amounts of characters.....

Also, if your ever looking to get rid of Pit, let me know, hes the last Wave 1 character I actually want, and I mean, want want, I dont want to re-sell.

The NFC cards scare me, one was showing 095..... so, triple digit cards?

I think thats great if its for Pokemon, Earthbound or games with large amounts of characters.....

Also, if your ever looking to get rid of Pit, let me know, hes the last Wave 1 character I actually want, and I mean, want want, I dont want to re-sell.

I'm just going to wait for all the amiibos to be released and then see if Nintendo does rereleases. I just want to level these damn things to 50 in smash and have a tournament between them.

I find it funny this forum jumps to life the moment a new wave pre-order comes out, lol.
Yeah, nintendo has kind of crushed me. I'm quite frustrated! Aghh! I do customs, too, and getting my hands on them to customize has become impossible

I find it funny this forum jumps to life the moment a new wave pre-order comes out, lol.
Yeah, nintendo has kind of crushed me. I'm quite frustrated! Aghh! I do customs, too, and getting my hands on them to customize has become impossible

Same

I was happy I was able to get my hands on a few Megaman at first, but now they are becoming a lot easier to find. Might just take time is all.

my collection:
http://i.imgur.com/Rkapb2u.jpg

since that photo was taken i've added Kirby and Megaman.

Have Mario, Luigi and Link coming from amazon.
King Dedede coming from ebay
2 Jigglypuffs on preorder with target.

Updated list of current haves;

Mario
Link
Samus
Kirby - Missing
Fox
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Peach
Marth - Missing
Yoshi
Villager - Missing
Wii Fit Trainer - Missing
Pit
Zelda
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Diddy Kong
Little Mac
Bowser
Toon Link
Sheik
Ike
Lucario - Missing
Rosalina
Shulk
Sonic
Mega Man
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Mario - Super Mario Series
Peach - Super Mario Series - Missing
Toad - Super Mario Series
Luigi - Super Mario Series - Missing
Yoshi - Super Mario Series
Bowser - Super Mario Series
Mario - Gold Edition
Mario - Silver Edition
Robin
Lucina - Missing
Charizard -Missing

Wario
PAC-MAN
Ness
Jigglypuff
Greninja - Missing
Inkling Girl
Inkling Boy
Inkling Squid
Dark Pit
Paluntena
30th Anniversary Mario Classic - Missing
30th Anniversary Mario Modern - Missing
Zero Suit Samus - Missing

Ganondorf
Pikmin & Olimar - Missing
Dr. Mario - Missing
Bowser Jr. - Missing
Mii Swordfighter - Missing
Mii Brawler - Missing
Mii Gunner - Missing
Duck Hunt - Missing
R.O.B. - Missing
Mr. Game & Watch - Missing
Green Yarn Yoshi - Missing
Pink Yarn Yoshi - Missing
Blue Yarn Yoshi - Missing
Chibi Robo - Missing
Falco - Missing

Mario
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Peach
Marth
Yoshi
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer - Missing
Pit
Zelda
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Diddy Kong
Little Mac
Bowser
Toon Link
Sheik
Ike - Missing
Lucario - Missing
Rosalina
Shulk
Sonic
Mega Man
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Robin
Lucina - Missing
Charizard
Wario
PAC-MAN
Ness
Jigglypuff
Greninja
Dark Pit - Missing
Paluntena
Zero Suit Samus - Missing
Ganondorf - Missing
Pikmin & Olimar - Missing
Dr. Mario - Missing
Bowser Jr. - Missing
Mii Swordfighter - Missing
Mii Brawler - Missing
Mii Gunner - Missing
Duck Hunt - Missing
R.O.B. - Missing
Mr. Game & Watch - Missing
Falco - Missing

eh, my list. :) Only counting the SSB series as that's all my collecting, all mine are US versions, otherwise I would have some of the newer ones that aren't here yet.

Back