Nintendo 3DS XL with Mario & Luigi: Dream Team $149.99

crustybooger

Limp Gawd
for those of you who missed out on the $149.99 zelda black friday deal. Target has the 3ds xl mario and luigi bundle on sale online or in store for the same price. price shows up in cart. Same as the BF deal, only the standard edition is listed on the sunday ad but the bundle will ring up $149.99.

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-3ds-xl-with-mario-luigi-dream-team-silver-limited-edition-nintendo-3ds-xl/-/A-14956701#prodSlot=large_1_1&term=3ds+xl

Edit: zelda bundle is on sale too if your target still has any left in stock!

stole pic from SD for anyone who wants to price match.

Last edited:
oh man not sure if i want to buy one, the new zelda game looks amazing but i dono, not really sure what other games would be a must have, seen a few mario a and zelda games that look nice, mmm to buy or not to buy lol!!

oh man not sure if i want to buy one, the new zelda game looks amazing but i dono, not really sure what other games would be a must have, seen a few mario a and zelda games that look nice, mmm to buy or not to buy lol!!

I got Link Between Worlds Friday. Best Zelda game since Link to the Past. Yes, better than both Wind Waker (my previous favorite) and Ocarina. They have made all this talk of changing the Zelda formula and stuff but LbW is a pure old-school Zelda title and it works perfectly. The game looks great, the music is so damn good. Even the 3D is the best I have seen on the system, probably some of the best 3D I've seen in a video game yet. I usually don't like 3D on the 3DS, but this time Nintendo did a great job.

As for other games on the system:

OoT 3D is really good.

Mario & Luigi Dream Team looks good

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is great, another one that makes good use of 3D though also crappy use of it since the game wants you to move the system around at times.

Fire Emblem Awakening is also really good.

Pokemon is Pokemon, if you're a fan you will like X and Y.

This was a great deal (I say was because it's sold out now) because $150 for the system and Dream Team is well.. a really good deal. Dream Team is the latest in the Mario RPG style games from Nintendo and has some really fun gameplay features.

So for $150 you're getting the system, and a good game. Link Between Worlds is $40 so even if you buy that after the fact you are still looking at under $200. It's a better deal then the Zelda themed 3DS bundle. Only difference is that it isn't as cool looking as the Zelda themed 3ds xl.

Myself, I picked up the Zelda bundle from Dell.com of all places simply because I had a $120 dell gift card I needed to use. What is strange is that Dell doesn't sell just the Zelda bundle, but it's also sold with Pokémon X for a grand total of $260. So FYI, if you are looking for a place online that still has the Zelda 3DS XL bundle in stock and want Pokémon X anyways head over to dell's website.

The Sega Classics games on the download store are amazing. They're done by M2 and are definite labors of love.

I want the Zelda combo @ 150. But no stores have it near me.

I had purchased the Marion & Luigi bundle a week ago for $180, was worth every penny so far ;)

Wonder if Bestbuy would price match now if I bring it back and re-buy it ;)

I did it earlier on something I bought a few days ago, just called and told them I found it cheaper in sundays ad. It really depends on who you talk to though, first call I was on hold for 25 minutes while the rep was checking with her her manager when the call dropped. Called back, informed this rep I wanted something price matched, guy was "ok, no problem difference will be credited back to your card." took less then 5 minutes.

Not bad but it's ashame they don't ship it with a hard copy of the game and you have to download it instead.

I don't know about anyone else but I love having hard copies of the game.

25 Supercard DSTWO $40.00 2 $80.00
Subtotal: $80.00
Discount(s): $4.00
Taxes:
$0.00
Shipping:
$4.35
TOTAL: $80.35

now where do i find the 3ds xl's for 150.. ;) real hot stuff has teh dstwo cards for decent price.

standard 3ds xl is awesome too if you dont mind non-bundle.

Last edited:
Not bad but it's ashame they don't ship it with a hard copy of the game and you have to download it instead.

I don't know about anyone else but I love having hard copies of the game.

Par for the course now. I don't think Nintendo has done a hard copy bundle in a quite some time with both the 3ds and XL :(

I snagged one of these, I like the regular 3ds design a lot but the battery life is pretty abysmal on the OG model. Could have gone for Zelda over BF but I wasn't really sold on the look.

They gave me a $30 credit, since I payed $180, so not bad!

Showing in-stock now online, but I want the Zelda bundle and it's not showing the same price online even though it's the same price in-store :mad:. I either want the Gold Zelda one or a Black one.

I picked up an XL and Zelda separate since I couldn't find a combo in stock when I bought mine on black friday. Zelda is great, but I've since picked up Fire Emblem Awakening, and I haven't touched Zelda since. Shin Megami Tensi 4 is next on my hit list!

I picked up an XL and Zelda separate since I couldn't find a combo in stock when I bought mine on black friday. Zelda is great, but I've since picked up Fire Emblem Awakening, and I haven't touched Zelda since. Shin Megami Tensi 4 is next on my hit list!

Agreed, I am in love with FE:A and will be getting Shin Megami Tensi 4 next as well.

Don't have a Target nearby, so I got Wal-Mart to price match! :D

2qxa.jpg

They didn't have any issues with it at all! :cool:

Don't have a Target nearby, so I got Wal-Mart to price match! :D

They didn't have any issues with it at all! :cool:

My local walmart stonewalled me hard when I tried to get them to PM with Target on Black Friday. I got them to budge but they would only sell me 2 per customer. Man I would love to walk over there and rub this "NON BLACK FRIDAY" deal in their face and tell them to PM me 12 of them. But fuck it, I got what I wanted.

My walmart wouldn't price match. It has to be in the paper flyer and that specific item shown.

My local walmart stonewalled me hard when I tried to get them to PM with Target on Black Friday. I got them to budge but they would only sell me 2 per customer. Man I would love to walk over there and rub this "NON BLACK FRIDAY" deal in their face and tell them to PM me 12 of them. But fuck it, I got what I wanted.

Yeah, I tried to get them to price match a few things as well as other stores while we were shopping around on BF. None of them would PM each other for me, but I wasn't that adamant about it.

My walmart wouldn't price match. It has to be in the paper flyer and that specific item shown.

I showed them the pic in OP initially then she asked to see the paper ad, but then she went to call the CS desk to get permission. While she was doing that, I pulled up the weekly ad off of Targets home page (which only shows the Mario and Luigi bundle, I think) on my phone and showed her that and she just glanced at it and said it was cool.

http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

According to corporate.

*The following are guidelines and limitations:

•We will match any local competitor's advertised price.
•We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.
•Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)

But apparently not all walmarts follow this policy because mine wanted an ad, so I showed them the ad, then they said they wanted a paper ad. Wtf is the difference!? Anyone can print out a fucking paper ad on some shitty paper and forge numbers if they wanted.

http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

According to corporate.

But apparently not all walmarts follow this policy because mine wanted an ad, so I showed them the ad, then they said they wanted a paper ad. Wtf is the difference!? Anyone can print out a fucking paper ad on some shitty paper and forge numbers if they wanted.

They were being dicks about it. They had the Target flyer at the register. Looked at it and said unless that bundle is listed they won't honor it. There's a Target across the street from this walmart so I guess they were prepared for it.

There are 500 Walmarts within 50 miles of me where I live, I should have just drove around 'till I found one that did it. I was frustrated and just got it at $219.

My Target had plenty of the Mario versions, none of the Zelda. So I picked one up for my kid and bought the Zelda game separately.

I had purchased the Mario and luigi one from Walmart for 199 and a 40 dollar gift card last week. Saw this post and took the ad to Walmart and the gave me another 50 dollar gift card. Not to bad. Thanks OP

Still waiting on BB to credit me the $30, said it would take up to 10 business days to credit, sheesh.

I had purchased the Mario and luigi one from Walmart for 199 and a 40 dollar gift card last week. Saw this post and took the ad to Walmart and the gave me another 50 dollar gift card. Not to bad. Thanks OP

Nice!!

Anybody have a link to the Target ad showing the Zelda 3DS XL for $149.99? I bought one at Walmart a few weeks ago and want to see about getting them to PM it.

Or are you guys having success just printing out the photo of the tag from the OP?

Anybody have a link to the Target ad showing the Zelda 3DS XL for $149.99? I bought one at Walmart a few weeks ago and want to see about getting them to PM it.

Or are you guys having success just printing out the photo of the tag from the OP?

I don't think they're advertising the Zelda bundle at $150 online for some reason, only the Mario & Luigi bundle. But like I said above, I just showed them the pic in OP originally and she said normally they need the paper ad, so my rep called the service desk to get permission to PM and it seemed like they had the Target ad there to verify it because she didn't care to see the weekly ad (which only shows the M&L bundle as well as the regular 3DS XLs) I pulled up on my phone while she was doing that. Then she let me have the pick of the litter out of the case.

So YMMV on getting the Zelda bundle, I think. But they should at least PM the M&L bundle and other standalone systems for $150.

the zelda bundle isn't in the ad, its just advertised in store due to it being a discontinued item from what I was told. That's why you can't pull it up online unless you're using the mobile site.

Discontinued? Still available on Amazon if you wanna pay $250 it looks like.

Back