Nintendo 3DS = F*** YEAH!

Brownstone

Gawd
Nintendo F'ing stole the show today
We have Zelda Wii (which looked amazing)

But this topic is about 3DS, and man... Its the first handheld I ever considered buying, and I want one badly

Lets take a look at some of its features

2 Screens, Top one is a 3.5" 3D Screen with a presumed 800*280 (cut in half when 3D) resolution, Bottom one is a 3" Touch Screen 320*240 (may look low res, but combined its out putting more than twice as many pixels as DS)
Clam Shell design
3 VGA Cameras (2 in the back, takes 3D Pictures, and 1 in the front)
Fully backwards compatible with DS Soft
More powerful than DS, not known by how much. But the games put it somewhere in between Wii and GC, could have some better shaders than Wii (look at MGS, lots of normal maps :D)
Uses Cartridge, 2GB at launch (DS was 64MB i think, just to put it in perspective)

Now... its all nice and all, but what about the games you say ? Well... take a look

Zelda OoT 3DS !!!!
3.png

MGS Snake Eater 3DS !
3DS_MGS3D_04ss04_E3.png

Mario Kart !
6.png

Star Fox 64 3DS
0.png

Kingdom Hearts
1.png

Other known titles...
Paper Mario
Pilot Wings
SF4
Kid Icarus
Resident Evil
Pilotwings
etc

I'm getting damned excited about the 3DS... hands on impression are quite positive so far

Day 1 for me, I love the remakes Nintendo is doing... Ocarina of Time 3D on a handheld ? God sent

E3(DS) 2010 owned Sony and Nintendo

For some reason I cant link nor host the Zelda OoT 3DS photos... they r up on GAF if anyone wants to check em... Lets just say, it looks much much better than on N64

I would have preferred something bigger, maybe 4" screens, it seems they are going backwards with size after the XL, but maybe they have to for the 3D effect to be feasible. Of course, it's probably their plan to release an XL version of this a few years down the road.

the ds has been held back for a while by its initial (low) hardware spec. the ds xl is reported to have 4x the power of a normal ds, however no one cares since it would be retarded to make a ds xl only game.

now we finally get the line in the sand with a much faster new platform using a bigger screen, backwards compatibility, glasses-free 3d, 3d camera (for the lols), new analog stick, and a metric shit ton of games already in the works. this just fatalitied the psp. sign me up for this.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Sony just went "oh shit" to whatever remained of their handheld gaming market. Their PS3 presentation today was pretty solid, but it definitely showed that they were starting to ignore the PSP.

Big ups for Nintendo pulling this one off at the top of their game.

i don't know, portable devices never really impress me. and the 3D seems like a gimmick, i hope they can pull it off well because that will be a big up for nintendo

I have a DSi and will switch on over if the cost is reasonable. How much do you think it will cost?

This looks pretty awesome, and looks like tons of great games are going to be available from the get go. Is there an estimated release date for this thing yet?

i don't know, portable devices never really impress me. and the 3D seems like a gimmick, i hope they can pull it off well because that will be a big up for nintendo

The hardware looks cool. I'll have to see the 3d effect for myself. Game lineup doesn't do a lot for me. I had a DS Lite and sold it within a couple months for the same reason.

The hardware looks cool. I'll have to see the 3d effect for myself. Game lineup doesn't do a lot for me. I had a DS Lite and sold it within a couple months for the same reason.

Hmmm.....

My DS library is the largest of all my systems. (22. own DS, PSP(3), Wii(14), PC, PS2(20))
Each to his own.

I think Nintendo took the show with the 3DS. I had a mild interest, since we had no info on the thing, but now its a 1st day buy for me. I'm barely interested in anything at this e3, but this news is awesome news.

Totally buying this. I have the original DS from years ago. Looking to upgrade so can't wait. I watched the Nintendo conference but i forget. The 3DS is backward compatible right?

The hardware sounds really cool, but the rehashed games listed are a bit disappointing.

The hardware sounds really cool, but the rehashed games listed are a bit disappointing.

You know I said the same thing with the GBA. They did all the rehashes of Zelda, Mario, on and on. But I actually ended up picking several of them up. There were several times with I threw in LoZ for a long trip and loved it.

I am holding on to the 3rd party support they talked about. As a long time Nintendo fanboy, I've always been pissed at how Nintendo fucked up their 3rd party relationships. Its good to see them trying to bring back the good 3rd party developers.

I cant help but be a little excited for this.. and I hate this whole 3D craze and havent used my DS in forever..

this could be interesting

I cant help but be a little excited for this.. and I hate this whole 3D craze and havent used my DS in forever..

this could be interesting

I agree with 3D being bullshit. It is the fact that with movies and the PS3 you have to buy a super expensive TV and then have to buy those stupid glasses to have it work. This has no glasses and depending on the 3DS price, no expensive hardware. That makes me willing to give it a chance. Until TVs don't require glasses, no way.

I'm actually looking forward to this a lot.

Haven't played a whole lot of DS these past years, but the lineup of 3DS games sounds incredible. Just looking at what Atlus is coming out with is more than enough reason to pick one up.

I played with it at E3 a few hours ago.

It works, for reals, it is very impressive.

Disappointing but expected. It is Nintendo, after all.

Anyone else having images of Virtual Boy run through their head? *shudders*

I've been poking around looking for anyone to say the 3DS sucks after using it. No bad comments so far :eek:

That's because there is nothing bad to say about it, seriously.

The only thing I would have liked is smaller media for the new cartridges, something closer to SD or micro SD, but I understand that they don't want to put multiple ports into the device like they did with the first two versions of the DS. Keeps things simple by using the same cartridges as the DS.

As far as the display goes, dude, its pretty great.

I think they should ditch the whole second screen crap. One big screen is better than two small ones.

Can it play DS games in 3D? What format are the 3D movies stored in?

I think they should ditch the whole second screen crap. One big screen is better than two small ones.

Can it play DS games in 3D? What format are the 3D movies stored in?

if you ditch the second screen you would lose the touchscreen and backward compatibility :eek:
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Disappointing but expected. It is Nintendo, after all.

Anyone else having images of Virtual Boy run through their head? *shudders*

Heh, I used to play that golf game on the Virtual Boy alot. I think it contributed to fucking up my eyes.

Nintendo does it again. All new ideas. I was skeptical of 3DS but I'm sold now. I mean no glasses for 3D?! :eek:

Nintendo does it again. All new ideas. I was skeptical of 3DS but I'm sold now. I mean no glasses for 3D?! :eek:

3d is much easier to do on a tiny screen for an individual user, let's hope this time around nintendo put more input on the media side as they have a huge opportunity here to get way way ahead of the competition including apple! Meaning make it a complete all in one device or eventually it will backfire.

i was hoping for a single screen device but i appreciate the BC and the "if it aint broke dont fix it strategy"

i am stoked for the device but the screen res for me is a bit of a let down with other players having massive screen res for games ie iphone 4/windows phone 7 and android as thats who they are going to be competing heavily with as stated by the cheif if the Big N himself!

Dont get too Cocky Nintendo!

Last edited:
The great thing, even if u don't like 3D u can turn it off

Can't wait till they announce price and release... Nintendo just blasted me to the past, feels like N64 hype all over again

om, I can't believe they're remaking these N64 games. Amazing! I don't have money!! ;_;

So far the only negative I've heard about the 3DS is that you lose the 3D effect if you're not looking at the screen head on. It doesn't have a very good viewing angle. You can see the game just fine, but you just loose the 3D effect if you go off-axis. I don't think it'll be too much a problem though, since I'm sure most of the time, when you're playing a hand-held you're not worrying about making room for other people to play in front of the screen with you.

Mario Kart and Super Street Fighter 4 in 3d = me instantly sold.

Was in the market a cpl of DSi's and XL's but think I'll hold off now.

I missed out on Zelda OoT (was a PlayStation owner), so I think I'll pick up one of these for that and the Metal Gear Solid game.

Nice to finally get more information on this little beauty. Can't wait to see more as I was in the market for a DS but I will definitely be holding off for the 3DS seeing as how its more powerful than the DS (a given, really). Love me some Mario and Zelda. The screen resolution seems kinda small but I guess its all relative to what they are actually displaying.

Back