Nintendo 3ds bad main pcb

bufodr_T

Supreme [H]ardness
Just got my sons Nintendo 3ds back from warranty repair. I purchased it for him this past Xmas and it already died. Looked at the repair sheet in the box after they repaired it under warranty and says they had to replace the main pcb.
Anyone else have this problem with their 3ds?

I haven't. (launch unit)
Did they change the bumpers on the edges to keep the top screen from scratching? That is, if you had that problem. I heard they were doing that to all units sent in, prolly didnt effect your model (if its fairly new)...

I haven't. (launch unit)
Did they change the bumpers on the edges to keep the top screen from scratching? That is, if you had that problem. I heard they were doing that to all units sent in, prolly didnt effect your model (if its fairly new)...

Such a crappy problem to have...ever since I read about that I've used the little protector that came with the unit to protect it. Probably have to add some rubber pads off of something else later on.

Such a crappy problem to have...ever since I read about that I've used the little protector that came with the unit to protect it. Probably have to add some rubber pads off of something else later on.

I added my own fix. Those 3M bumpers for cabinet doors.
$1 for a pack of 20 at Wal-mart. Haven't had the issue since, and no reason to send mine in for replacement/fixing.

I added my own fix. Those 3M bumpers for cabinet doors.
$1 for a pack of 20 at Wal-mart. Haven't had the issue since, and no reason to send mine in for replacement/fixing.

Interesting, I always assumed those would be too big. I'll take a look next time I'm there.

Good call, checking that out as well. Launch unit here and stillno PCB issues

Interesting, I always assumed those would be too big. I'll take a look next time I'm there.

I'm not gonna lie and say they're not, because its a pretty big difference.
But on the other hand that has become non issue, because its not big enough to make a difference.... See for yourself:

20120504_181223.jpg

You can see the stock bumper hanging on there in that pic, its quite a gap.

20120504_175543.jpg

The side shot shows the angle of difference.
These are really zoomed in extremes, so you can clearly see the difference. It doesn't change the ergonomics enough to matter in anyway, from my experience. Still feels the same as before in my pocket.

But try to find the smallest mm rating you can.... I did my best.

Back