Ninja Gaiden to silence PS3 critics

Looks great although there's no doubt in my mind the xbox 360 couldn't do the same, but it's a great game (one for xbox) and should move a lot of consoles

k I've played the demo on my PS3 and it looks like souped up Half Life 2 graphics. So I don't think the graphics make the game impressive. In terms of gameplay, it's decent, but it's really just a button masher. And whenever you pick an item up it goes to a separate screen to show you what it was, breaking immersion in the game. So as far as graphics, gameplay and presentation go, I've played better.

That said, it's not a bad game, but it's certainly not the one game to pwn them all on PS3. This guy is full of steam.

ive never been a big ng fan, but after buying it used for like 15 and playing it on my 360, i dont think its gonna move a lot of units. you never know though, considering the ps is kinda starved for games right now anythings possible

NGS is a little too hard to be mainstream. Same problem NG and NGB had - they were the ultimate games for hardcore gamers, but the common gamer wants something a bit less hardcore.

I'm a big NG fan, but there's nothing in it that the 360 couldn't do. It's a great game, but it's still just a graphical upgrade of a game that came out 3 years ago.
I don't see it as a system seller, a critic silencer, or really anything except a game for fans and people who never had an Xbox or a 360.

Oh yeah, as erwos mentioned - it's hard. The first boss will humiliate 90% of the people that play the game. I have no clue why they felt the need to weed players out on level 1 (he's the hardest thing in the first 1/3 of the game).

No offense, but how is a re-release of an already excellent 3-year old game supposed to silence the PS3 critics? We all know the PS3 can produce pretty games [see Motorstorm], but there is absolutely nothing in this re-hash that the 360 cannot do. What it really says is that Team Ninja can take a 3-year old property, add a few upgrades, and still manage to make it attractive enough for people to dribble over today.

No offense, but how is a re-release of an already excellent 3-year old game supposed to silence the PS3 critics? We all know the PS3 can produce pretty games [see Motorstorm], but there is absolutely nothing in this re-hash that the 360 cannot do. What it really says is that Team Ninja can take a 3-year old property, add a few upgrades, and still manage to make it attractive enough for people to dribble over today.

qft. It'll be a sweet game for a system that needs some sweet games, but the general public didn't buy xboxes for NGblack, and they won't buy a ps3 for it either. It's too hard of a game for the public anyway. Most of my casual gaming friends who have 360s have borrowed my copy of NG black for about one day before they toss it back at me the next day saying how much it sucks because they can't beat the first boss :p

Meh... most of the things I'm critical on, involving the PS3, have little to do with the graphics of the games. Regardless, I'm sure the 360 is capable of delivering a similar experience.

A $200 price drop, silences this PS3 critic.

A graphical update to a 3 year game, does not.

Reason why so many people are critics is since the price can't be justified yet. 600+tax like 680 most likely then a game 740+ a controller or memory card or something. Its just way over some peoples budget and the games aren't avaliable yet. Even sony admitted it wasn't the best in the race already in another thread.:eek:

This guy has clearly been hearing the wrong sort of criticism of the PS3. I don't think many people think that it's less powerful than the 360.

Why would a game that is little more than an updated Xbox title silence me? I never doubted the PS3 was capable of producing some fantastic visuals, but in this case, I already played Ninja Gaiden. Twice in the last generation, in fact. Third time isn't a charm. This only further illustrates my perspective that such advanced and expensive hardware isn't necessary, unless there are such dramatic changes to the interactivity that were otherwise impossible on previous hardware. Assassin's Creed sounds like a much more interesting title, because the dynamic nature of the interactivity doesn't immediately sound like something feasible on previous single core systems. Advanced shaders at high resolutions have been possible on PCs for years now. Because Hayashi is doing it with a last generation video game makes it impressive? Sorry. This only gives more more reason to be critical of the PS3.

The sad thing is I would like the PS3 to be successful. If nothing else this can't hurt the PS3, but it is hardly a compelling reason to buy such an expensive piece of hardware. I suppose I should reserve judgment until after the demo is released, but as of now but when Hayashi simply claims he has already made the best action game (Ninja Gaiden on Xbox) and doesn't need to try I am not exactly filled with confidence.

This. Thanks for the link, OP. I think this communicates exactly how much developers (the industry?) are out of touch with the audiences. Hayashi DID make a great game, though. He just needs to get over himself now.

qft. It'll be a sweet game for a system that needs some sweet games, but the general public didn't buy xboxes for NGblack, and they won't buy a ps3 for it either. It's too hard of a game for the public anyway. Most of my casual gaming friends who have 360s have borrowed my copy of NG black for about one day before they toss it back at me the next day saying how much it sucks because they can't beat the first boss :p

Agreed completely. Very good observations.

Just thought id remind everyone that is not SONY who stated this, it is the game developer and everyone knows the team ninja are notorious for spouting this type of hype. Just seems a bit high horse-ish.

They also said ninja gaiden 2 will make all the other devs give up.

Just thought id remind everyone that is not SONY who stated this, it is the game developer and everyone knows the team ninja are notorious for spouting this type of hype. Just seems a bit high horse-ish.

It doesn't matter who said this. It was posted because someone thought that there might be merit to the comment. The bottom line is that a 3-year old title originally designed for another platform is not going to silence critics of THIS platform.

People are critical of the PS3's price and lack of original, exclusive titles; re-hashes are not Sony's issue.

Lol, Real-Life Rachel's not bad. One of her boobs is falling out her top more than the other though!

Spreading lies and misinformation is a common Ninja tactic.

Pay attention guys. Team ninja is hyping their game nothing more. Little big planet and Warhawk are more likely to silence critics than Ninja Gaiden sigimah It's cool content for the ps3 but it would have to have been built from the ground up and tailored specificaly to the ps3's unique hardware to be truly amazing. awesome game but what this bad boy needs is a price drop to make it more easily accessible.

Back