Ninja gaiden Sigma Demo Out today or tomorrow!

Wow. I'm psyched. Ninja Gaiden (much like RE4) is a game that'll get my money no matter if it's a re-make, minor update, or whatever.

The PlayStation Store typically updates around 6pm EST.

...with that said, I'm downloading both the Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Virtua Tennis 3 demos (even though I can care less about Virtua Tennis 3) right now.

The PlayStation Store typically updates around 6pm EST.

...with that said, I'm downloading both the Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Virtua Tennis 3 demos (even though I can care less about Virtua Tennis 3) right now.

Same here, 42% with NGS

just finished playing the NG demo.
runs phenomenally well, and a blast to play.

tennis? well, it looked good i guess

Pretty damn amazing, but it's definitely going to be old hat to anyone with the Xbox one. It's gotten a graphical overhaul, but it's the same game at heart. I love that aspect, but if you're not a fan...this one's no different.
The demo starts you powered up pretty high by default. You've got the Izuna drop and you earn the flying swallow in the demo. The flying swallow has been nerfed pretty badly, though. You also have 5 different weapons including the new "double swords," which aren't as amazing as you might expect.
Either way, NG fans will LOVE this. Anyone else likely won't notice.

Oh yeah...vsync's off...ugh...

The game is quite awesome. Good thing I have never owned an xbox so i can fully enjoy this game. Auto targetting is quite weird sometimes.. especially when youre trying to throw shirukens at those pesky white and black ninjas.

You know, I actually almost never used missile weapons in NG for the Xbox.
The general rule was to use the 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2 (Izuna Drop) combo on anything close. If you were at a distance you did the 1+3, 2 Flying Swallow.
In NG: Black they nerfed the Flying Swallow for bosses, but it still annihilated most normal enemies.
In NG:S, the Flying Swallow needs to actually be "aimed" at someone AND damage has been reduced. In the Xbox version you could just mash the commands and Ryu would fly all over the screen killing almost anything in 2 hits.
Should be interesting to see what other tweaks they make to the game. Even though we got a nice full-level demo, NG was a *massive* game. There's a lot of room for tweaking.

Anyone know when the full game's due to be released?

"The game sports 1080p graphics running at 60 fps."

Wow! I can't wait to go home to download that!

I thought this was an xbox game

Are you being sarcastic or serious ;) ?
It was an Xbox game, but this is a re-make for the PS3. It's gotten a graphical overhaul and the gameplay's been tweaked a little bit.
It's kind of like Ninja Gaiden 1.5 (let's assume Black was 1.2)

Are you being sarcastic or serious ;) ?
It was an Xbox game, but this is a re-make for the PS3. It's gotten a graphical overhaul and the gameplay's been tweaked a little bit.
It's kind of like Ninja Gaiden 1.5 (let's assume Black was 1.2)

Well Im not very up to date with ninja gaiden. I have black edition on my 360 but I cant even beat the airship boss, that game is incredibly hard. I thought this was number 2 not a remake.

Well Im not very up to date with ninja gaiden. I have black edition on my 360 but I cant even beat the airship boss, that game is incredibly hard. I thought this was number 2 not a remake.
Number 2 is coming for the Xbox 360 and perhaps other systems.

Where did you get this from? I hard that team ninja likes to migrate on the strongest console of the generation.. so apparently the ps3 is the console of choice

Nice try. In reality the 360 is the centerpiece of Team Ninja:

1Up Article said:
1UP: Let's say after Ninja Gaiden Sigma comes out, if you're so open to the logic of expanding Team Ninja franchises then, would you let that same person or let an equally qualified person take DOA4 to the PS3 or make DOA4 Sigma or something slightly different? Would you allow that or is there a cut-off point in regards to Team Ninja franchises?

TI: Once again I would like to reiterate that this is not affecting the quality, speed or amount of the work I am doing on the Xbox. I've been working on the Xbox platform for five years now and I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon. My commitment is as strong as ever. In fact, this will allow me to concentrate even further on doing that. I would tell the people that might have objections, as you say, to play my games when they come out on Xbox 360. What everyone wants to play is DOA5, right? I'm going to be the one making DOA5 and when I do make it then it will be on the Xbox. That is what I am concentrating on. If people want to play my games, I am still going to be releasing games at the same pace I have been.

I can't do everything! Okay, so in the logic that you are coming up with, it would be like we have an action game in progress for the DS. Do I have to listen to the people who say they want that game ported to the 360 too? Do I have to bring every game to every platform in order to make everyone happy? You can't do everything but I want people to understand that this does not negatively effect or slow down my work for the 360. The 360 is the core of Team Ninja. Period.

I could continue to paste but the interview speaks for itself. Click for the source.

Oh, and about NG2:

Of course, Ninja Gaiden's mere existence on a Sony platform has led to all kinds of speculation about Ninja Gaiden 2 going multiplatform. While you can apparently never say never, if what I know is true, then Xbox 360 owners can rest assured that NG2 is being developed exclusively for Xbox 360. Will it come to PS3 four years later? I tend to think, given the schedule that Team NINJA has set for themselves over the next half a decade -- which is an exceptionally busy one -- that they will not port the game either.

There's a very good chance that NG2 is in fact an exclusive title.

Source

deception``

Nice try. In reality the 360 is the centerpiece of Team Ninja:

I could continue to paste but the interview speaks for itself. Click for the source.

Oh, and about NG2:

There's a very good chance that NG2 is in fact an exclusive title.

Source

deception``

First source is dated 10/20/2006, things change over time, while its fair to say that the 360 is where NG2 is being developed, no one can say for sure where things will head.

Second source is a blog.

No one knows if or when team ninja would do anything. For the most part people stating a definitive answer to the port question are shooting in the dark.

If Sigma sells very well and even gets more console out the door then another Team Ninja game will see its way over... Team Ninja is a developer, Tecmo makes the decisions...

If Sigma sells very well and even gets more console out the door then another Team Ninja game will see its way over... Team Ninja is a developer, Tecmo makes the decisions...

Yes, the PS3 might get NG2 if Sigma sells well, but we know the xbox360 is getting NG2. Either way, Ninja Gaiden is a great game.

Yes, the PS3 might get NG2 if Sigma sells well, but we know the xbox360 is getting NG2. Either way, Ninja Gaiden is a great game.

My thoughts exactly. I don't care which system it comes out on. I'm a little annoyed that Sigma has vsync turned off, so I have no loyalty to either system right now.

Demo rocks, can't wait for full version. Looks really nice in 1080p and runs really smooth. Love fightning them black ninjas :D

I guess i came off the wrong way or something? But anyways, I guess I was thinking about the interview about programming for the PS3 article from way back.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200704/N07.0406.1421.46109.htm?Page=1

Nothing personal. Your comments just made it seem as though Team Ninja released NGS on the PS3 because it was their "console of choice," but this is not the case. Your comments would have been more than appropriate had you have referred to a developer such as Insomiac [Resistance, Ratched & Clank - has expressed their confidence in the PS3 platform many times].

In reality NGS is a re-hash of a [extremely] great game that's been available for several years already. I wouldn't consider this as monumentous as, say, Epic deciding to develop the next Gears of War for the PS3.

In any event, I think Ninja Gaiden is one of the best action games of last-gen; it looks great, is long, and is extremely challenging. I think that everyone should have the priviledge of playing this game regardless of what platform it sits on [I didn't play NGB until I bought it for my 360 so I know there are others who have yet to try this game].

deception``

First source is dated 10/20/2006, things change over time, while its fair to say that the 360 is where NG2 is being developed, no one can say for sure where things will head. You are correct that things do change over time. However, the fact still remains that Team Ninja largely develops for the 360. The same could be said for Konami and Square [Sony here].

Second source is a blog. Hence the words "good chance." Nothing is guarunteed, of course, but most believe that NG2 will likely either be a full exclusive or, at best, a timed exclusive.

No one knows if or when team ninja would do anything. For the most part people stating a definitive answer to the port question are shooting in the dark. Does this still stand when people talk about MGS4 or FF13 coming to the 360? I believe that you'd have a hard time buying that.

deception``

So I've become somewhat addicted to the demo. I've been able to beat it on Normal and Hard.. but this Extra hard... is pretty tough....

Any tricks to beating the end boss on Extra hard? I've been able to make it to the end boss with full potions and special attack... on Extra hard.. usually get him down to about 1/4th life before he totally pwns me. :mad:

Pretty impressive to make it to him with everything loaded down.
Magic is an obvious answer. That'll take him down by about 1/3 by itself.
Beyond that advice, I guess the best thing would be, never block...just keep dodging. It's tough to get him with anything decent (like the Izuna drop) but the upward slash followed by the downward slash is somewhat safe and hits him as much as anything.
I've never played it long enough on the harder modes to give much advice, but that's what experts tend to advise.

Pretty impressive to make it to him with everything loaded down.
Magic is an obvious answer. That'll take him down by about 1/3 by itself.
Beyond that advice, I guess the best thing would be, never block...just keep dodging. It's tough to get him with anything decent (like the Izuna drop) but the upward slash followed by the downward slash is somewhat safe and hits him as much as anything.
I've never played it long enough on the harder modes to give much advice, but that's what experts tend to advise.

I've tried that... but I notice that once hes below a certain amount of life he begins to "dash" more.... not to mention the purple ninjas that drop.

Is there a weapon thats better for fighting the end boss? I personally like the Lunar .(I think thats what its called... The large stick with spikes on the ends....) for taking out ninjas... most of the time I can kill the purple(they also have white on them) ninjas w/o losing any life.

I have noticed you can't block... because then he just grabs you and destroys you...

I really want to unlock the last hard mode... I hear its quite challenging...

I'm sure this first level will be a lot easier in the retail version... being able to save right before the boss must be nice... I kinda hate having to run through half the level...

Just curious... has anyone here got to the hardest difficulty? Brown Ninjas are nothing... white are nothing... purple are ok... they do alot more rolling/grabbing and wall jumping... the black ninjas seem pretty hardcore... Is that what the whole level is filled with on the extra hard setting?

For me (not like I've fought him on hard for the PS3...which might be different) on the Xbox hard version I stuck to the Dragon Sword almost the whole time for any normal enemies.
The Izuna Drop is strong as hell AND will clear out surrounding enemies quickly. It might help you wipe out the other attackers and give him a little splash damage in the process.
It's just 1, 2, 1 , 1 , 1 , 2. You're totally invincible during the grab and even while getting up, which is nice. If anything survives the drop itself, you can flying swallow IMMEDIATELY and you'll nail 'em as they're getting up.
I haven't messed with the Lunar much except on the Xbox, but in that version it hit things a ton of times, but wasn't all that strong or high priority. It does create some insane combos, though. In the underground cave (prior to the bone dragon) you can get combos into the hundreds of hits against the pack of zombies at the bottom.

For me (not like I've fought him on hard for the PS3...which might be different) on the Xbox hard version I stuck to the Dragon Sword almost the whole time for any normal enemies.
The Izuna Drop is strong as hell AND will clear out surrounding enemies quickly. It might help you wipe out the other attackers and give him a little splash damage in the process.
It's just 1, 2, 1 , 1 , 1 , 2. You're totally invincible during the grab and even while getting up, which is nice. If anything survives the drop itself, you can flying swallow IMMEDIATELY and you'll nail 'em as they're getting up.
I haven't messed with the Lunar much except on the Xbox, but in that version it hit things a ton of times, but wasn't all that strong or high priority. It does create some insane combos, though. In the underground cave (prior to the bone dragon) you can get combos into the hundreds of hits against the pack of zombies at the bottom.

They might have nerfed the weapons some... seems like the Lunar does decent damage in Sigma. It does create great combos... but the best part is when you kinda get ... I guess you call it adrenaline... when you charge up it takes less time.... So I can usually just twirl after max charge... and once you kill some with the charge up it takes almost no time to charge again and twirl again... which kills after you stop spinning.

As for this version (I never owned or played the Xbox version) ... there’s no zombies...

Normal starts you off facing Brown Ninjas... the most generic... when you get to the room with the rotating floor you will see some White Ninjas...

Hard you will face White Ninjas and in that same room you also face White/Black Ninjas (I'm not sure if these Black Ninjas are the same or as hard as the ones you face in Very Hard)

In Very Hard you face these Purple Ninjas a few White Ninjas and a few Black Ninjas....

Other than different colored Ninjas, the end boss and bats (I love killing bats :D) I haven't seen any zombies.... The underground area you talk about just has bats...

I was actually referring to a later level with Zombies that isn't in the demo. That's roughly about 1/2 way through the game.
I played around on the higher difficulties last night and that boss is TOUGH. I can barely even hit him with the Lunar, but you're right about it being better. I'll have to try the Nunchukus later as they were always the toughest weapon to use, and probably the weakest unless powered up.
I also played around with the twin swords. They're really not much different from the single sword, BUT you can do a nice landing attack after an air combo. However, they're slower to recover so you can't block as quickly after using them.
I'm now wondering how different the game will be from the Xbox version. So far everything's almost the same, but it's gotten a graphical overhaul.
It's going to be tough to drop $60 for a game that still looks good upscaled on the 360, but I'm such a big fan I'll do it anyway :)

If its the same as ng/b, nunchucks probably won't get any upgrades... And people on gamefaqs/iberiansninjagaiden disagree withyou on it being the toughest weapon. Most of them love to use it and some claim its their favorite weapon. I doubt they'ed claim to like a weapon if they can't use it properly.

Personally I found lunar the toughest to use. I couldn't get used to using it at all.

If its the same as ng/b, nunchucks probably won't get any upgrades... And people on gamefaqs/iberiansninjagaiden disagree withyou on it being the toughest weapon. Most of them love to use it and some claim its their favorite weapon. I doubt they'ed claim to like a weapon if they can't use it properly.

Personally I found lunar the toughest to use. I couldn't get used to using it at all.

You're talking about good players, though...and unless powered up, they are the weakest weapon. The catch is, they have the most potential. Think of it like a fighting game. On the surface that big 'ol slow guy might seem horrible, but when mastered he might be the best character in the game. The 'chucks are the same way. Try using them and you'll see. They're not easy to use. I'm sure they're great with perfect timing, but there's a big learning curve!

Oh I see...

Well the Nunchucks are ok... they can be fast and do decent damage... I just don't like the range with them....

Yea.. the first level boss gets pretty hard... still haven't been able to beat him yet. You are right though, this game does look freaken awesome, and it runs really smooth. Since I don't have the older version I've very excited to pick this one up... Just wish it could come a little sooner (I'm wearing this demo out) :)

Back