Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection- coming to PC

I was excited for this collection initially, but as time passes (and as we learn how little effort is going into it), my opinion is changing. The HL video is showing a LOT of the 3rd game and not very much of the first one...which is pretty old, but is the best of the 3 by a wide margin IMO. They little they've shown looks pretty rough.
I still want these games since I no longer have my old consoles, though. At this point I think I'll probably use CDKeys and snag 'em via a very deep discount.
If you have an Xbox One X|S or Series X|S you can still buy the original versions of the games. All 3 work with backward compatibility on those consoles.

If you have an Xbox One X|S or Series X|S you can still buy the original versions of the games. All 3 work with backward compatibility on those consoles.

I sold all of my Xbox systems except my wife's 360...which is in a box somewhere. I do have an Xbox 360 NG2 disk that should work if I dig her console out, though. My NG Black disk is apparently long gone. I have a PS3, but I no longer have my NG Sigma disk. I had NG3 on the WiiU, which I sold. I figure this collection will put 'em all in the same place even if it is a half-assed port.

the port doesn't sound great but it'll still be nice to have all the remastered games available on Steam

So this finally comes out today/tomorrow. I haven't really seen anything on it in weeks, but I saw a Facebook banner ad for it yesterday. The major complaints don't actually affect me that much since I'm on a normal 4K/60 television and I play with a pad. There don't seem to be reviews anywhere yet, though. I figure I'll probably snag it unless there are some major technical issues.

10 hours to go but no pricing yet or link to deluxe version. There is a link is to each one of the games Sigma (1,2,3) but each description shows a "Master Collection Deluxe" version that includes all three games but no link to the deluxe version just an add to wishlist button.

sounds like the most bare of PC ports...they did the absolute minimum- no KB/M support, resolution change requires a Command Line...ridiculous

Last edited:
Okay, so the game is actually 3 separate games (as in installs)...that you can seemingly only buy as a bundle. Oddly for different prices depending on what Steam page you're on. I played around for about 45 minutes and got fed up. It actually feels like the old console games running on an emulator. The menus are all ported over straight from the old games, you can't customize anything, and you even have to use a command line to adjust the resolution...which I'm not even sure works. No matter what I tried, the game opened in a window. Even the game exit game command didn't seem to work. I just had to ctrl+alt+del to exit. Performance-wise, I'm on a 3090 and encountered pretty serious choppiness in 2 different rooms in the first section of Ninja Gaiden 1. The controls are laggy and the camera is all over the place.
Nah. I ended up requesting a refund. They've had months to do something decent with this and they didn't. I have no faith it'll ever see any major updates, so I'm out.

Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection (for PC) Review

Publisher Koei Tecmo tends to catch flack from the PC community for their lazy ports, but this is the first time I’m inclined to agree...The Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection is about as bare-bones as a port can get...it lacks keyboard support, controller customization (aside from predetermined control schemes), and graphical options to adjust...this is particularly disappointing since Nioh 2 featured great PC customization options, as well as extensive, albeit complex, keyboard and mouse controls

If you’ve missed out on this series, the Master Collection's definitely worth playing; it includes some of the best action games ever made...that said, series fanatics hoping for a definitive version of the trilogy will be left a bit disappointed...

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/ninja-gaiden-master-collection-for-pc

It's up there with the laziest ports of the modern era. It legitimately feels like an emulator running the game that they made for another platform. I've only gotten a handful of refunds from Steam ever, but I knew this was going to be one after the first 10 minutes.
I'm a huge NG fan and was fine with this even being acceptable, but it's just a complete mess. Maybe if someone makes some homebrew mods or it drops down to $5 I'll revisit things, but it's kind of insulting right now.

At least they're supporting the games instead of releasing them and bailing forever. I can't see myself re-buying them for any more than $10-15, though.

games like this are SO MUCH better with a controller tho

I've never seen a game that I can't master with KB/M...all it takes is some remapping of controls...Dark Souls being a good example...racing/flight games are the rare exception where a controller is better

I've never seen a game that I can't master with KB/M...all it takes is some remapping of controls...Dark Souls being a good example...racing/flight games are the rare exception where a controller is better
didn't say it can't be done... these games are designed with the controller in mind from the beginning and it's definitely the intended experience

but you do you, Boo

Once again, this is good news. I feared these would be released as-is and never touched again. If this goes on deep discount, I'll definitely take another look. Hopefully at some point they'll consider consolidating the 3 games into a single install. Unlikely, but not totally out of the question.

Back