Nikon Lenses are on backorder

matteos

[H]ard|Gawd
I was hoping to buy this lens.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=gba5TZ3kHcbr0gH-hYXmDw&ved=0CDMQ8wIwAA#

The Nikon 35mm prime 1.8G. But it is out of stock everywhere, looks like it won't be in stock for months. There are other lenses but I was really looking for a fast 35mm prime with a good focal length such as 1.8 for my Nikon d3000...

Are there any third party lenses out there you guys know about that are similar, for a similar price. i.e around $200?

Looks like several sellers on Amazon have it in stock.

Another good source I'd recommend is B&H Photo. But... nm, they're out of the 35mm as well.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks like several sellers on Amazon have it in stock.

Another good source I'd recommend is B&H Photo. But... nm, they're out of the 35mm as well.

Damn the markup is huge now. Cheapest is $280... Guess I'll just have to pay that. Usually buy from B&H photo... Damn tsunami.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You can always go with the /1.4 ;)

On a more serious note, if you're dead set on getting a 35mm and you need this focal length, get the /2.0. It's about $400, so a bit more than what you originally wanted to spend on the lens, but after a while you can just sell it at a minimal loss, and pick up the /1.8 if you still want to.

Lol, I would love the 1.4, shame it is like 1200 more than the 1.8. Might do 2.0, might get a 50mm, they are pretty cheap... I'm pretty new to photography, my buddy said get a 35mm prime since I don't have a full frame.
Cheers for the help.

I went with the 50mm over the 35mm (non DX versions) because it was cheaper and in my budget at the time. It is an awesome lens, but being a non full frame DSLR I do often wish it was wider. I will pick up the 35mm one day.

Back