Nikon Lenses are on backorder

matteos

[H]ard|Gawd
I was hoping to buy this lens.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=gba5TZ3kHcbr0gH-hYXmDw&ved=0CDMQ8wIwAA#

The Nikon 35mm prime 1.8G. But it is out of stock everywhere, looks like it won't be in stock for months. There are other lenses but I was really looking for a fast 35mm prime with a good focal length such as 1.8 for my Nikon d3000...

Are there any third party lenses out there you guys know about that are similar, for a similar price. i.e around $200?

northrop

grumman
You can always go with the /1.4 ;)

On a more serious note, if you're dead set on getting a 35mm and you need this focal length, get the /2.0. It's about $400, so a bit more than what you originally wanted to spend on the lens, but after a while you can just sell it at a minimal loss, and pick up the /1.8 if you still want to.

matteos

[H]ard|Gawd
Lol, I would love the 1.4, shame it is like 1200 more than the 1.8. Might do 2.0, might get a 50mm, they are pretty cheap... I'm pretty new to photography, my buddy said get a 35mm prime since I don't have a full frame.
Cheers for the help.

IronMan77

Weaksauce
I went with the 50mm over the 35mm (non DX versions) because it was cheaper and in my budget at the time. It is an awesome lens, but being a non full frame DSLR I do often wish it was wider. I will pick up the 35mm one day.