Nikon D80 + $100 GC + Printer

bassman

[H]ard|Gawd
I found this when I went to my local Inkley's (Ritz Camera) to torture myself over the D80. If you buy the D80, you get a $100 gift card or coupon code. That (sorta) drops the price to $899 for the body which is better than any reputable online dealer right now.

Add an Epson Picturemate with the camera and you'll get it for free after a $30 instant rebate and $100 in MIRs.

I decided to jump on it since I can give the GC and printer to my wife - she's starting school for photography soon. And I get my D80 upgrade.

don't you love how every online camera store that sells d80 cheaper calls you and tells you to buy expensive accessories or they won't process your order

I worked at a Ritz for a year. As much as I dont like their sales tactics..

Ritzcamera.com and Ritz stores are operated by two seperate companies. Prices will vary, as will warranties.

i would rather go to bhphotovideo and get the body for $929. yes. a little higher, but reputable and dont have to worry about rebate and all that other stuff.

B & H Photo Video

just my two cents

I no nothing about photgraphy, but I have used this camera to take some action and still shots and I have to say it's the best camera on earth.. lol. VERY CLEAR SHOTS, the pictures look so real. So easy to use. Point and shoot basically is what I used. My 2 cents.

greygoose said:
i would rather go to bhphotovideo and get the body for $929. yes. a little higher, but reputable and dont have to worry about rebate and all that other stuff.

B & H Photo Video

just my two cents

I was thinking the same thing (though I figured Ritz might charge tax too). I have bought from Ritz before (though I thought it was still Camera World of Oregon at the time) and had no problems...but they were the cheapest on teh web for a 20mm Nikon lense.

I've got nothing but good things to say about bhphotovideo (and if you're even in NYC, check out that store...it's the Fry's of Camera equipment...incredible place).

nilepez said:
I was thinking the same thing (though I figured Ritz might charge tax too). I have bought from Ritz before (though I thought it was still Camera World of Oregon at the time) and had no problems...but they were the cheapest on teh web for a 20mm Nikon lense.

I've got nothing but good things to say about bhphotovideo (and if you're even in NYC, check out that store...it's the Fry's of Camera equipment...incredible place).

i live in new york. i bought my point and shoot camera there (canon a620).
when i get the cash to get my canon 30d i am definately going there to get it. i couldnt agree with you more

Luxor said:
I no nothing about photgraphy, but I have used this camera to take some action and still shots and I have to say it's the best camera on earth.. lol. VERY CLEAR SHOTS, the pictures look so real. So easy to use. Point and shoot basically is what I used. My 2 cents.

it might have been a great improvement from whatever camera you had before...but i wouldnt say best camera on earth....LOL

B&H is definitely a good place to shop at both the store in NYC and the site. I went up to NYC with some friends, last summer, they have so much to look at, everything from consumer to high-end professional... and yes, you can actually walk up and "test" a $10k camera. Plus, the employees are actually nice and helpful! I'd recommend going on a weekday, as the weekends are pretty crazy. Per their site, I ordered a Bushnell Tripod for a friend's xmas present, it got to me (22033 in VA) in 3 days standard shipping.

nilepez said:
I was thinking the same thing (though I figured Ritz might charge tax too).

If it wasn't for the GC and printer that I can use as Christmas presents, I would have bought from B&H next year. I agree with everything that's been said about them. They're great.

avoid ritzcamera like the plague. they rippe dme off $179 and i still haven't gotten my money back.. they charged my debit card 10 days after I canceled my order!!

bassman said:
If it wasn't for the GC and printer that I can use as Christmas presents, I would have bought from B&H next year. I agree with everything that's been said about them. They're great.

As I said, I have nothing against Ritz. And if I needed/wated a camera and the other goodies, I'd go with Ritz too, but I was assuming most who buy cameras (even here on the [H] channel (especially?)) would only want the one item. Regardless, I think this is a good post.....as is the bhphoto recommedation that the person before my response gave. Ritz, Adorama(sp) and b&h are all good, AFAIK.

robble said:
avoid ritzcamera like the plague. they rippe dme off $179 and i still haven't gotten my money back.. they charged my debit card 10 days after I canceled my order!!

IMO, if you're ordering online, you should never use cash or debit (which is basically cash). Visa/MC/Discover (discover is the best of the lot, IMNSHO) credit cards protect you from scams and bad CS alike.

Luxor said:

try any of the canon full frames. lol.

Or go completely nuts and try a Hasselblad medium format with a 39 megapixel back... <drool>

bassman said:
Or go completely nuts and try a Hasselblad medium format with a 39 megapixel back... <drool>

or ill get a 2007 lexus is350. (ps, for people that dont know its the H3D Hasselblad, and its 32-39k ish)

Back