Niko 26" LCD HDTV $299AR from Newegg

The product reviews on Newegg are like the lowest points on the entire Internet.

But they're still reviews. Have you ever heard of Niko? Me either. We all know Newegg has a shady review process, but I wouldn't say they make them up. With a product like this with such a low rating, it's obvious that Newegg didn't have any good reviews to accept and post anyway.

And the entire Internet? Wow. I hope no one from Newegg learns how disappointed they made you.

Newegg's description says 16:9, but Niko's spec sheet on their website says 15:9
:confused:

I have it, its ok. HD looks great in my limited opinion. Only problem ive had is a stuck pixel and channel memory being lost after the tv turns off automatically when i use it as a monitor. Works great as a computer monitor or cheap HD display. picture is crap with cable which you shouldn't be suprised about. sometimes scenes with fog, etc look like the tv only displays 16 bit colors. takes a while to change channels, but then it has a channel search function that i never use.

i can probably take pics with my crappy camera if anyone has a specific request.

Edit: works great as a monitor!

I have a 32" Niko and I absolutely love it... great colors, suprisingly good sound, very bright. I'm not sure how this model compares, but if it's anything like mine, I'd definitely jump on it.

A month from now we're gonna find out it now has some uber-panel used in a higher-end TV, and the price will climb. :(

Newegg's description says 16:9, but Niko's spec sheet on their website says 15:9
:confused:

well, technically 1280x768 is 15:9

1280x720 is 16:9

this just means that any 16:9 content will have black bars at top and bottom (very small) but will be there.

well, technically 1280x768 is 15:9

1280x720 is 16:9

this just means that any 16:9 content will have black bars at top and bottom (very small) but will be there.
1280x768 also offers more flexibility as a computer monitor, vs 1280x720 that is...

Back