NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139

One of those Asian games that I couldn't hit the buy button. I think the character design was weird.

I might pass on this. I love Nier and Nier Automata, but I really think Papa Nier from the US version (Nier Gestalt) was a better narrative than anime brother Nier Replicant.

Plus I’m a little worried about how they’re handling this. Platinum has involvement for some reason and Toylogic has assisted on developing some games but not really had much of their own.

Of course the same used to be able to be said about Bluepoint and they're pretty great at handling remasters and do it often.

I'm looking forward to this. automata had a fantastic track, as did this one. wonder if they are going to redo the music. lots of people loved this game. hope they modernize it.

I will always be happy for anything NIER coming out because I love the soundtracks way more than the games themselves.

Pretty sure this is a ground up remake. Not just a remaster, combat looks completely changed from the original, closer to Automata. I'll probably end up being an early adopter since I really enjoyed NieR Automata and it was my first of the series.

Nier Replicant is coming to PC in April 2021, and tonight at The Game Awards Square Enix gave us our first proper look at gameplay...

This just feels like another cash grab franchise at this point: they bungled the release, then redressed it up in some trendy "Game iif the Year Edition" Poptart for 10$ more than it was

They still have not patched the buggy mess , and at this point it exists to sell DLC sexy outfits for your robot.

Just seems like a racier culvert for Squeenix to make some more money off locked-in teens who dream of having sex with their Roomba! (you know, just like the same fools who paid for FFX-2)

I can assume that being prequel, the buggy-ass engine will remain?

Last edited:
I got NieR Automata and disliked it. I think I got it fairly early on in its PC release. I paid $39.99 for it if I recall correctly and I definitely overpaid for it. I thought the gameplay was overly repetitive and I couldn't get into the story. I also felt the world was lifeless and lacking in any real detail. It just seemed bland, generic, and weird. The cut scenes (if you can call them that) and general story telling mechanics felt like it was stuck in the late 1980's or early 1990's. It felt like a Megaman sequel without the charm and a big breasted, hot chick in a maid's outfit for a protagonist.

I will pass on this one.

The only good thing to come out of this series are all the 2B cosplayers.

Back