Nicehash Excavator 100% LHR unlock!

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
Last edited:
LHR and FHR prices are going to reach parity now. Gamers are already salty about this. The last 2-3 months it's been "prices are falling, just wait", now it's going to be "I fucking hate miners" again like 2021.

Im just waiting on trex/lolminer unlocks now. Not a chance in hell Im using windows or nicehash, at scale.

I suspect the others will figure it out although I swore one of them already said they probably couldn't get past 85% but I don't know why NH can do it and others can't.

I wish I had funds for more cards now.

I’m pretty much at full capacity now without adding more motherboards, psu and/or splitters but it is tempting to grab a card or two before they get bought up again.

It’s good that all LHR cards will be getting a boost though, hopefully it spreads to the other clients as xenium mentioned because I don’t want to deal with windows.

LHR and FHR prices are going to reach parity now. Gamers are already salty about this. The last 2-3 months it's been "prices are falling, just wait", now it's going to be "I fucking hate miners" again like 2021.

Im just waiting on trex/lolminer unlocks now. Not a chance in hell Im using windows or nicehash, at scale.
I really don't want to have to use windows, but I'd gain at least 200MH/s with this. I guess I can install windows this weekend and setup teamviewer or something to manage them. Already having to do that for the weird 3060 v1.

I really don't want to have to use windows, but I'd gain at least 200MH/s with this. I guess I can install windows this weekend and setup teamviewer or something to manage them. Already having to do that for the weird 3060 v1.

at least it doesn't take long to do. install windows, install nvidia driver, install QM, press go, change the OC to manual or use a preset. Not sure what problems people have with windows and mining. I don't seem to have any stability or crashing issues with mine even with 7 cards running in it.

at least it doesn't take long to do. install windows, install nvidia driver, install QM, press go, change the OC to manual or use a preset. Not sure what problems people have with windows and mining. I don't seem to have any stability or crashing issues with mine even with 7 cards running in it.
Benefits of windows: AMD cards and More Power Tools, sometimes driver support is faster for newer GPUs by a few days, can now overclock AMD CPUs in windows without booting into BIOS & RAM overclocking tools can help automate some stuff
Drawbacks of windows: Auto restarts of miners if GPUs crash, watchdog restarts of the system if something else happens and ability to quickly update mining settings. If I want to change my wallet address or something, I can update 1 thing instead of 1 x [Number of Computers]. Stats tracking is also nice (power, hashrate, etc.) to see if I'm having consistent issues during hot hours of the days or something.

Are miners expanding? I figured with the difficulty bomb still an unknown, that most would be in a holding pattern
I think most large farms aren't really expanding (ETH specifically, huge opportunities for BTC and other algorithms that use ASICs due to China's shutdown of miners). A lot of people are buying A2000s, CMP 170s or such now though instead of gaming cards, so the price drops of gaming cards might be deceiving.

Are miners expanding? I figured with the difficulty bomb still an unknown, that most would be in a holding pattern
I'm hoping the professional cards come down in price as well. Sick of these gargantuan cards that don't play nice in server cases.

As someone with multiple A4000's, I wouldnt recommend them unless you have sub 70F ambient temps year round. I had to buy 3060 AIB coolers for all mine, the mem runs very hot in stock form (heatsink design/limit, not a thermal pad issue). I think A2000's are very similar. I don't mind GDDR6X cards personally, they just need a lot of airflow and high quality pads.
Yeah, I've been playing around with the A2000s. They're ok after I repadded and repasted but I'm going to try copper shims next. I actually removed the fans and covers and stuck them in a server case to see if that would improve hashrates; no luck but temps are good even without a fan (for whatever reason my 12GB model was much hotter stock than my 6GB model). I was thinking of the rtx a5000s though. They seem to get 3090 hashrates at around 3080 power levels or better. The GPU cases I'm buying have one 1600W platinum PSU per node and fit 3 GPUs so it's hard to reach anywhere near 50% if I'm using low powered GPUs, but the dual slot limit means a lot of the gaming cards I'd want to shove in there don't fit.

One more rig to switch over still, but so far it's working as advertised on everything except my rtx 3060 v2 (which is running at 38MH/s). I'm running the latest nvidia drivers so maybe that's the issue. Everything else is running pretty well on medium settings (96MH/s on 3080s, 79.5MH/s on 3070tis, and 60.6MH/s on 3070s). 3060 v1 is running at 47MH/s so I can stop using my ghetto workaround which was unstable. Tomorrow I'll work on my 3060ti rig I guess. I need to just start leaving HDMI cables installed on whichever card is the primary GPU because it gets annoying having to cycle through and open up cases to change things if I need something other than remote access.

Has excavator had any hashrate unlock before? The timing on this seems to be too good. Next gen cards coming out, maybe sales slipping a bit? Maybe related to the hack?

Has excavator had any hashrate unlock before? The timing on this seems to be too good. Next gen cards coming out, maybe sales slipping a bit? Maybe related to the hack?
I don't think so. Speculation is that it's based on the hacked data since the methods used are different from T-Rex etc. LHR unlocks. I guess Nvidia didn't pay the ransom so the hackers "leaked" the data. I wouldn't be surprised if the payment arranged was something like a 2% dev fee of all mining rewards for a time.

Yep and it works great. Here's on of my LHR rigs after a couple of hours on NBMiner:

nbminer1.jpg

View from AM:

nbminer2.jpg

Efficiency on the 3080Tis is quite a bit better than my 3090 rigs now.

Trex better get one out now.
Yeah, nbminer seems to be working out okay for me so far. I switched all my LHR rigs over to it last night. Unfortunately I messed with overclocks again so I had to reset them to previous values to regain stability and now it seems ok. Slightly less hashrate than nicehash on a couple GPUs, but my 3060 v2 is hashing much higher and my 3060TIs seem to be doing slightly better so overall it's a net win.

I just want trex because i was using that before and im already setuo for it.

I just started up mining again and so far only getting 82mh/s on a 3080ti. Seems low but better then the 60~ I use to get before the unlock.

I just started up mining again and so far only getting 82mh/s on a 3080ti. Seems low but better then the 60~ I use to get before the unlock.
What are you using? For nbminer you have to use their release candidate version. Same with nicehash.

When you open it for the first time you should get a checkbox option to use the RC client. May have to adjust your overclocks as well. A lot of suggestions for the LHR cards were slightly different than the non-LHR versions.

[Edit: You have to use quickminer, none of the others currently support it.]

Last edited:
I think Nicehash only has the QuickMiner with 100% LHR unlock atm, and you must select the RC version (not stable) when installing.
Yea I tried both. I didn't select the RC version when installing. I'll try it out when I get home from work.

You also have to use the latest driver from Nvidia, which I find quite interesting especially since this does not work on LHR v3 cards (3050 and 12G 3080s). Almost as if Nvidia is trying to clear out inventory of LHR v2 cards, clearing the way for the 4000 series GPUs.

TRex Beta 0.26.0 also just came out with 100% unlock. Clearly some event took place that is now enabling all miner devs to release full unlock versions of their software.

TRex Beta 0.26.0 also just came out with 100% unlock. Clearly some event took place that is now enabling all miner devs to release full unlock versions of their software.

was just about to post this! Yea they had to work together on this or reverse engineer their code to all get it running at the same time.

was just about to post this! Yea they had to work together on this or reverse engineer their code to all get it running at the same time.
NVIDIA was hacked big time in March… probably just took some time to engineer a workaround with all the leaked documentation out there 😕

New T-rex just crashes for me.

NBMiner seems to work though.

Well got it work for a bit.. My laptop instantly locks up when I start QM. It has a 3060 in it. Also on my PC while QM is running when I try to run EVGA Precision or HWM they instantly close. Otherwise I am getting 117ms/a at 250w~ with my 3080ti now.

Last edited:
Meh not worth doing now still. I get about $3.xx a day on the 3080ti. About another $1 on my laptop if I could get it working on my 3060 laptop but still locks it up.

NBMiner is rock stable for me. I think this is tuned about as good as it is going to get:

miner006_5_11_22.jpg

I would have liked to see the 3060Ti above 60 MH/s, but it has Hynix memory, so I can't quite get there. After 24 hours, not a single reject and no HW errors.

That all LHR rig (miner006) is now pretty close to my all non-LHR rig (miner005), both from a hash rate perspective as well as from an efficiency perspective:

AM_5_11_22.jpg

Might be time to start selling my 5700XT GPUs, but they still churn out close to 1 GH/s and the efficiency is fair, so despite needing babysitting at least once a week, so I guess I'll hold on to them for now.

Last edited:
NBMiner is rock stable for me. I think this is tuned about as good as it is going to get:

View attachment 472460

I would have liked to see the 3060Ti above 60 MH/s, but it has Hynix memory, so I can't quite get there. After 24 hours, not a single reject and no HW errors.

That all LHR rig (miner006) is now pretty close to my all non-LHR rig (miner005), both from a hash rate perspective as well as from an efficiency perspective:

View attachment 472461

Might be time to start selling my 5700XT GPUs, but they still churn out close to 1 GH/s and the efficiency is fair, so despite needing babysitting at least once a week, so I guess I'll hold on to them for now.
Just curious, from first image, your MJT is kinda high, and your fan is low? Is there a reason to keep fan that low?

The issue is that those are hybrid GPUs and Awesome Miner only knows how to control fan speed based on GPU temp as far as I know. I know HiveOS and others can do it based on mem/mjt. I'll reach out to Patrik to see if that is something he can add or if I missed the option somewhere.

Does anyone know if the RTX 3060 V1 works fine being on a riser now that we have the LHR unlocked? I have a couple of these and they are my only LHR cards that would be great if I can throw them on my other rigs without having a dedicated windows machine for them.

Does anyone know if the RTX 3060 V1 works fine being on a riser now that we have the LHR unlocked? I have a couple of these and they are my only LHR cards that would be great if I can throw them on my other rigs without having a dedicated windows machine for them.
Yes. I have a 3060 v1 and v2 in one of my rigs on risers in hiveos and they're both hashing at around 45MH/s at 120W depending on settings.

Back