nice 4 bay x86-64 NAS w/ecc ram OMV5

Zedicus

[H]ard|Gawd
DX4200 with OMV5 installed. ZFS plugins are active.
These have a VGA port and are x86-64 with a dual core atom so you can install any OS you would like.
has a storage srver 2012r2 key on the bottom but it runs like a heard of turtles with windows on it.
has 4gb ECC DDR installed and has 2 sodimm slots, you could put 8gb in here and technically be supported for freenas.
2 1gb nics, 4 usb3 ports, 4 3.5 hdd bays, and an internal 2.5 bay with a 256ssd that runs an OS.

this is a nice very capable NAS as long as you work within its limits. it will handle about any media storage duty but do not think you will be doing emby/plex transcoding on this guy. the key slot is in the open position and i lost the key.

200$ free shipping. crypto OK. OBO

i would trade for an st8000dm004 if you cover all the shipping fees for both.
or an AMD video card of comparable value (partial trade for a radeon vii?)
AM4 or ryzen stuff?
nintendo switch
open to offers???

dx1.JPGdx2.jpg

Last edited:
How large is the boot drive storage and what type and any redundancy? Also, are there any drives installed for storage? What type of transfer rates were you able to get?

Tempted because this would be a quick way to get a zfs storage pool up and running.

could i RAID my 12TB drives for wicked fast speeds on my 10g network?
That's another good question--what is the largest drive size supported/tested so far? Most systems like this that are based on standard x86 hardware usually don't have a limit, but it would be important to know if the OP has run across one.

How large is the boot drive storage and what type and any redundancy? Also, are there any drives installed for storage? What type of transfer rates were you able to get?

"2 1gb nics, 4 usb3 ports, 4 3.5 hdd bays, and an internal 2.5 bay with a 256ssd that runs an OS. "

As per original post.

Shame it would cost too much (& too high risk with the shipping companies) to ship to the UK, as it would be perfect as a Plex server

there is space for a second 2.5" sata boot drive so you could add one, you may need a bracket for that, i never looked in to it.
no limit on drive size that i am aware of
2x 1gb nics onboard so no on the 10gb network
it is an atom c2338 so it is dual core 64bit. it will do plex or emby as a media host but it will NOT do transcoding to clients. i was able to stream media fine as long as it was handled by the client to play the media.

there is space for a second 2.5" sata boot drive so you could add one, you may need a bracket for that, i never looked in to it.
no limit on drive size that i am aware of
2x 1gb nics onboard so no on the 10gb network
it is an atom c2338 so it is dual core 64bit. it will do plex or emby as a media host but it will NOT do transcoding to clients. i was able to stream media fine as long as it was handled by the client to play the media.
Thank you for the answers. What type of smb transfer rates were you able to get with the current OMV setup?

i only ever used it in windows 2012r2 storage server. i put this load on it to sell it because 2012r2 is not a great use of this device. with 2012r2 it was able to max out the NIC as long as i did not do any weird RAID configs. (and at the time i had a 5400RPM OS drive that did not help) in usage it did extremely well as a file store, but any time i wanted to start using it as an application server it would get over run fairly quickly. even trying to unrar 10gb media packs was not pretty. it was faster to connect to it over the network and use my laptop to unrar from a mapped drive.

you should be able to compare its build to a regular PC and find good performance info. it is just a low power laptop in a NAS chassis.

Back