[NH]GTX 590 In February With dual GF110 *fap fap*

yang88she

2[H]4U
Anton Karmehed said:
GeForce GTX 590 is the confirmed name of NVIDIA's coming graphics card flagship. With dual GF110 GPUs the beafy graphics card will offer 1024 CUDA cores and 3GB memory. Perhaps the most exciting is that the launch is set for February, in the same timeframe as AMD Radeon HD 6990 is expected to arrive.

http://www.nordichardware.com/news/...orce-gtx-590-in-february-with-dual-gf110.html

gtx590.jpg

GTX590.jpg

Vega's new card? I think so

Nice! Hopefully the GTX 590 and the HD 6990 come out very close to each other and we can see reviews comparing them both. Personally, if they both come out soon, I think its gonna be a close on seeing that crossfire scaling seems to be getting better

based on the insider information, its non-existing.

Not quite sure what they are trying, use your basic knowledge and think how in the world they going to fit 2 512 core chip under 300W...

If its something like ASUS Mars, possible... but this is just non-exist from official..

based on the insider information, its non-existing.

Not quite sure what they are trying, use your basic knowledge and think how in the world they going to fit 2 512 core chip under 300W...

If its something like ASUS Mars, possible... but this is just non-exist from official..

Why do they have to keep it under 300 Watts?

Yeah, the chart looks fake to me, and I highly doubt NVIDIA would slap two GTX 580 cores into one PCB, it would consume way too much power, and end up very expensive. Even if these specs were true (Which I hope it is) this will be my next card.

Nobody noticed it's fake? The specs are for two 580s, not even two 570s. 600W on one card? Herp...

Overkill for 1920 x 1200 and maybe even for 2560 x 1600 and not enough vram for surround gaming with high IQ. Looks like a monster card but with the vram on board it'd be nice if nvidia priced this @ $499.99 and dropped the GTX 580 price. OR make a 6GB version (3gb per gpu) and charge $649.99 for it. Dropped the GTX 580 1.5GB price and released the 3gb GTX 580 for $499.99

I dunno. Like Brent the Vram kinda takes away from the excitement a bit.

So am I the only one who never thought the chart was supposed to look legit? I thought it was intentionally modified to resemble what a chart like this might look like if/when such a chart was published.

Yeah, the chart looks fake to me, and I highly doubt NVIDIA would slap two GTX 580 cores into one PCB, it would consume way too much power, and end up very expensive. Even if these specs were true (Which I hope it is) this will be my next card.

agree i mean hell its just a filled in chart, they didn't even take the time to make it look legit(white background on the text).

Overkill for 1920 x 1200 and maybe even for 2560 x 1600 and not enough vram for surround gaming with high IQ. Looks like a monster card but with the vram on board it'd be nice if nvidia priced this @ $499.99 and dropped the GTX 580 price. OR make a 6GB version (3gb per gpu) and charge $649.99 for it. Dropped the GTX 580 1.5GB price and released the 3gb GTX 580 for $499.99

I dunno. Like Brent the Vram kinda takes away from the excitement a bit.

lol you much be thinking of AMD pricing.. because theres no a chance in hell Nvidia would come up with prices even remotely close to what you are suggesting.

$800 or bust

Yeah, no kidding...

Since GTX580 in tri-SLI will beat two of these cards, so two of these cards are going to have to be barely more expensive than three GTX580s for me to want to bite...

If it's:

2xGTX460 1GB - 300W spec plausible at slightly reduced clock speeds (maybe 625mhz?). 375W spec plausible with overclock (maybe 750mhz?) - Performance about equal to GTX580 if former, maybe 20% above if the latter, still not competitive with Crossfire HD6850s, thus not competitive with HD6990. Likely MSRP would be $450, so not really worth a look over a GTX580, free from SLI issues.

2xGTX560Ti - 300W spec plausible at considerably reduced clock speeds (maybe 720mhz?). 375W spec plausible at full speeds, or minor overclock (maybe 850mhz?) - Performance should outstrip GTX580 by 45%, faring up with two HD6870s, and thus likely the HD6990. MSRP likely to be $550, or probably $600.

2xGTX570 - 300W spec out of the question, 375W spec only realistic at reduced clock speeds with a TDP limiter. Wouldn't really outperform the 560Ti setup on 375W spec. 450W spec is possible, but seems unlikely

2xGTX580 - Out of the question.

If it's:

2xGTX460 1GB - 300W spec plausible at slightly reduced clock speeds (maybe 625mhz?). 375W spec plausible with overclock (maybe 750mhz?) - Performance about equal to GTX580 if former, maybe 20% above if the latter, still not competitive with Crossfire HD6850s, thus not competitive with HD6990. Likely MSRP would be $450, so not really worth a look over a GTX580, free from SLI issues.

Nobody's buying that, except maybe someone who wants Nvidia surround on a single card... but you're not going to get decent performance out of a single card, so someone splurging for three monitors probable has money for a better card.

2xGTX560Ti - 300W spec plausible at considerably reduced clock speeds (maybe 720mhz?). 375W spec plausible at full speeds, or minor overclock (maybe 850mhz?) - Performance should outstrip GTX580 by 45%, faring up with two HD6870s, and thus likely the HD6990. MSRP likely to be $550, or probably $600.

eh, maybe, but still hope not...

2xGTX570 - 300W spec out of the question, 375W spec only realistic at reduced clock speeds with a TDP limiter. Wouldn't really outperform the 560Ti setup on 375W spec. 450W spec is possible, but seems unlikely

I'd be willing to pre-order if so...

Who cares about these multi-gpu cards? I don't get it. Just get dual card sli or crossfire now and be done with it.

Might be fake, but whatever.

How a dual GTX 580 card could *possibly* happen.

1. lower core voltage
2. lower max clock speed

If the card is limited production, which it is likely to be due to the price, low power specimens could be binned out in production. Say miracle of miracles, nvidia gets an awesome batch of GF110 chips that run at 0.9v for 700/1400 3D.

That takes the TDP down to 180W per "card." With 2 of those on one PCB, 360W. Clever card designer puts 2 8 pin power connectors (2 x 150W) and uses the PCIe x16 slot's 12v supply (with overcurrent protection to save the mobo) to get to the magical 360W.

There ya go. 10% slower clocked GTX 580s with all 512 SPs each, barely fitting within the power specs available. ;)

Who cares about these multi-gpu cards? I don't get it. Just get dual card sli or crossfire now and be done with it.

What if you want tri-SLI or more? i do...

I already have GTX480 SLI, and it's not much... And I'm only gaming on a single 30" 2560x1600 monitor...

Something in me says this is pure FUD. The target audience for a GTX 580 SLI on a board is so small, that they would just shoot themselves in the foot and price themselves so high that it would be irrelevant. I can't go into detail and explain why, but I'm 99% sure this is pure unadulterated BS.

What if you want tri-SLI or more? i do...

Do it the regular way with four PCBs and individual GPUs.

Do it the regular way with four PCBs and individual GPUs.

With Intel wanting to change the CPU socket for every new gen chip, I can't get myself to drop $400+ on a motherboard...

Never mind the fact I like my audio card...

(I do admit I have considered it, though... Guess I can just turn down the res...)

With Intel wanting to change the CPU socket for every new gen chip, I can't get myself to drop $400+ on a motherboard...

(I do admit I have considered it, though... Guess I can just turn down the res...)

I didn't consider that. I agree, it burns me too when I have to upgrade motherboards, and I don't like forfeiting all my expansion slots to graphics. Good point.

It's those damn audio enthusiasts fault, I tell you! :p

yeah, the licensing fees for Intel boards must be outlandish......one of the driving factors in my choice to go with a Phenom II Quad this time around, i remember when a good motherboard was $100-$125 tops, that was for like a DFI Lanparty NF4-D SLI board......and that was extreme, most boards were $50 roughly

nowadays if you want a decent board you might as well kiss $100 good bye and thats for a somewhat budget AMD AM3 board, Intel is at least $150 i think

I fear the real GTX 590/595 will only have 3GB total memory for 1.5GB frame buffer which is too small. I'll be going 3 to 4 3GB GTX 580's. That's where it's at!

Definitely a fake. Power consumption - alot? 1024 cuda cores? Also with the advent of 3GB GTX 580s, having only 1.5GB per gpu on the flagship card would be a HUGE mistake.

2x512cores i wish. What a joke.

2x560 with lower clocks is possible but nothing higher than that realistically...

Once you see GTX 560 Ti in SLI benchmarks, you'll have a sense of what the GTX 590/595 will perform :)

Might be fake, but whatever.

How a dual GTX 580 card could *possibly* happen.

1. lower core voltage
2. lower max clock speed

If the card is limited production, which it is likely to be due to the price, low power specimens could be binned out in production. Say miracle of miracles, nvidia gets an awesome batch of GF110 chips that run at 0.9v for 700/1400 3D.

That takes the TDP down to 180W per "card." With 2 of those on one PCB, 360W. Clever card designer puts 2 8 pin power connectors (2 x 150W) and uses the PCIe x16 slot's 12v supply (with overcurrent protection to save the mobo) to get to the magical 360W.

There ya go. 10% slower clocked GTX 580s with all 512 SPs each, barely fitting within the power specs available. ;)

Psst, the electrical engineers on page 1 already determined that a dual GPU GeForce with GF110s is for sure out of the question! :)

It's no coincidence this magically showed up right after AMD showed off the 6990. This is most likely the product of some fanboy's imagination. :)

P.S: If I remember correctly, Nordic Hardware was the origin of the dual GTX460 rumor last year as well and we all know how that turned out. They are simply fishing for hits. /shrug

Last edited:
Getting a GTX580 GPU down to 180W I wtf'ed. I can see how people could work that out based on the TDP of the card being 243W, but that isn't true, the GTX580 draws a full 300 watts. There's no underclock and undervolt that'd get that figure down to 185 max.
The GTX570 might be doable with a big underclock, but it'll need a TDP limiter which will absolutely tank its performance in games that cause higher power consumption.
I'm thinking two 560s and dual 8-pin for $600 ish, or underclocked dual 560s, for maybe $550.

but that isn't true, the GTX580 draws a full 300 watts.
The GTX 580 has a max power draw rating of 243W. The maximum power draw *from the wall* under a GPU stress test (not a game or simple benchmark) was measured at 280W by guru3d. With an 80 plus PSU, those numbers are fairly close: 243W max power draw rating vs 232W as measured (280W wall power for GTX 580 @83% PSU efficiency). Ooooo lots of numbers.

I would get into the power scaling of mosfets, but IMO it would be pointless since you've already come to a conclusion unsupported by facts. :) Good day, sir!

Only 3GB? What's the fucking point? That's 1.5GB per GPU. I WONT buy a card that has less than 2GB VRAM per GPU. I like to at least be able to use 2x AA at a 1600 Pixel Height. I also don't see the point in making a beefy GPU for resolutions 2560x1600 and smaller. nVidia needs to get their shit together and realize that there are people who want to game at a high resolution with AA and Nice textures (all things that eat up VRAM).

EDIT: 5040x1050 (3x1680x1050) is a bigger resolution than 2560x1600

Last edited:
It will probably offer gimped clocks. If it's only got 3GB of RAM that means 1.5GB for each GPU. Sounds pretty meh to me.

Only 3GB? What's the fucking point? That's 1.5GB per GPU. I WONT buy a card that has less than 2GB VRAM per GPU. I like to at least be able to use 2x AA at a 1600 Pixel Height. I also don't see the point in making a beefy GPU for resolutions 2560x1600 and smaller. nVidia needs to get their shit together and realize that there are people who want to game at a high resolution with AA and Nice textures (all things that eat up VRAM).

What ? 1600x1200 @ 2xAA ??
A regular GTX 580 with 1.5 GB of GDDR5 is more than enough for high levels of AA @ 2560x1600:

http://www.hardware-canucks-reviews/37789-nvidia-geforce-gtx-580-review-19.html

Back