NH-D15 vs. Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm in a HAF 932

CAD4466HK

2[H]4U
The HAF 932 is such an old case that I had issues finding answers to my queries.

The first question was will a 280mm AIO even fit? CM says no, but I've also heard of peeps managing to put a H115 in a HAF 932, which is a 280mm.
Ok, maybe it can fit a 280mm but the Arctic has a 38mm rad which is thicker than most. Can anyone chime in and let me know if it will fit?

The D15 WILL fit in the HAF with clearance for my RAM, PCIe slot and side cover.
How much cooling difference will there be between the two with a highly OC'ed 10700k? I could care less about which one is louder and the price difference isn't a concern.

Specs in sig.

The official answer is no of course, because that case has no paired 140mm mounting areas, just the single 140mm in the top rear. To mount a 280 in there without making any major modifications to any of the external panels, you would probably have to use the entire 6x5.25" drive cage area, because a 280mm rad is usually something around 5.75"x12.5", and that drive bay area is ~5.825" wide by maybe 10" tall. You'll probably have to cut out the bottom of the cage floor to then have room for that rad to mount vertically.

you might be able to mod it into the top or that^^^
get the dimensions of the rad and make a mockup out of cardboard, see if it will fit anywhere.
ps: i have hung a 280mm rad inside of a 5.25 drive cage before...

The HAF will take a 360mm, so I pulled the trigger on a Fractal Celsius S36 for a $100. Hopefully I won't regret it.
Thanks.

From what it looks like. Maybe it will. You'll lose the top 2 5.25 bays.

From CM site:

HAF_Top.JPG

From what it looks like. Maybe it will. You'll lose the top 2 5.25 bays.

From CM site:

View attachment 341444
Yep. Had to pull the ole DVD burner that I can't remember the last time I used. And got rid of my fan controller.
But man was it ever worth it. This S36 is a fucking beast! I've had AIO's in the past, but nothing that cooled this good.

My idle temps are only 2-3 degrees better, but the max temps are stellar.
In CB R23 (10 passes), I use to max out at 91c, hottest core now is only 72c

OCCT PSU test was 99c instantly on all cores. With the S36, my hottest core was 87c and the rest were in the low 80's, and that's because the fans took a little to ramp up.

Still have some testing to do before I OC, but I'm one happy camper.

Yep. Had to pull the ole DVD burner that I can't remember the last time I used. And got rid of my fan controller.
But man was it ever worth it. This S36 is a fucking beast! I've had AIO's in the past, but nothing that cooled this good.

My idle temps are only 2-3 degrees better, but the max temps are stellar.
In CB R23 (10 passes), I use to max out at 91c, hottest core now is only 72c

OCCT PSU test was 99c instantly on all cores. With the S36, my hottest core was 87c and the rest were in the low 80's, and that's because the fans took a little to ramp up.

Still have some testing to do before I OC, but I'm one happy camper.
nice.

Back