NFSMW x360

alkoholik

[H]ard|Gawd
I was able to get a copy of the game from Blockbuster the other day and I have to say that I am kind of disappointed with it.

Visually it is stunning and the surround sound is great. A couple of complaints I have with the game is that they changed the controls from NFSMW. I was used to steering with the left stick and using the right stick for the gas. NFSMW uses the triggers for the gas/brake. After playing for a couple hours my hands would cramp up because of the constant position they have to be in.

Some people were claiming that the police chases added to the fun of the game. Honestly they are annoying. When you have to drive from one side of the map to the other you dont want to be hasseled trying to lose the cops. The pursuit breakers are very redundant. The free drive mode is cool but sometimes you just want to get into the individual races and not bother with all the nonsense.

The upgrades to the cars are boring and the game just seems like a rip-off to the underground series. I liked NFSU2 a lot....this game is graphically better but again it seems that EA rushed another title for the 360. Every single EA game for the 360 has been a disappointment IMO except for FNR3....glad I rented this game 1st and didnt waste my money.

you can skip driving from one side of the map to the other to get to events by pressing right on the control pad. this will bring up the different events you can participate in.

you can change the control scheme in the options.

jester1176 said:
you can skip driving from one side of the map to the other to get to events by pressing right on the control pad. this will bring up the different events you can participate in.

you can change the control scheme in the options.

yes, i know u can skip right to the events but you still need to accomplish the milestones by driving the map

you cannot configure the control pad to use the right stick...there is no option for it

thanx for the input tho :rolleyes:

You're trying to config the controls to use the right stick? Analog gas and break, eh? Do many games use a setup like that?
I just remapped the controls to be the typical "A-button for gas" setup and never looked back. I've never liked using the triggers for the gas either.
You actually almost never use the real world map, though.
For the milestones, you can hope from race to race and for the chases you can skip to a "pre-started" chase in any one of about 20 locations and scenarios.
I don't think the game was as good as some of the old school NFS games, but it's much better than the Underground games.
Things get a little frustrating with the cops once you're in the top 5 (some of the rewards and chase times are pretty wild), but most of the game is straight forward and solid.
My only complaints are the ridiculous pursuits at the end of the game, and the underpowered supercars that cost a ton and are capped out much lower than an upgraded so-so car.

Domingo said:
You're trying to config the controls to use the right stick? Analog gas and break, eh? Do many games use a setup like that?
I just remapped the controls to be the typical "A-button for gas" setup and never looked back. I've never liked using the triggers for the gas either.
You actually almost never use the real world map, though.
For the milestones, you can hope from race to race and for the chases you can skip to a "pre-started" chase in any one of about 20 locations and scenarios.
I don't think the game was as good as some of the old school NFS games, but it's much better than the Underground games.
Things get a little frustrating with the cops once you're in the top 5 (some of the rewards and chase times are pretty wild), but most of the game is straight forward and solid.
My only complaints are the ridiculous pursuits at the end of the game, and the underpowered supercars that cost a ton and are capped out much lower than an upgraded so-so car.

yep, i would prefer to have the gas as the right analog stick. I used it in NFSU2 and I really got used to it. I see what u mean as u can skip to the chases....I would still prefer to drive the map but everytime I do a cop spots me and I have to get rid of them.....usually going way out of the way from where I was going.....I liked the Underground much much better.

underground 1 rocked....2 utterlly sucked, atleast i find entertainment in MW....but no it wasnt rushed for 360...it was on pc months before 360 came out im pretty sure

Ballz2TheWallz said:
underground 1 rocked....2 utterlly sucked, atleast i find entertainment in MW....but no it wasnt rushed for 360...it was on pc months before 360 came out im pretty sure

really?? i thought 2 was a lot better then 1.......it just seems that it was a re-make of UG2 minus some of the upgrades and added the police chases....the story lines seemed almost the same

Yeah, but at least Most Wanted has REAL cars, not stupid imported racer-wannabe cars.

I wouldn't mind all the cop chases in Most Wanted if it wasn't for the whole "get stopped too many times and you lose your car" thing. Although I haven't lost any cars yet, I'm going to be pissed if I do. What happened to games being games? I don't want it to be realistic. :(

I wouldn't be too concerned with losing a car. You've got to get caught quite a few times...and typically by the time that happens, you'll likely have long moved on to better cars.
The easiest way to approach the game is to only do chases with a "low" police rating. When it comes to boosting your rating with the police, get on the interstate and just keep driving at top speed. Until you get to the REALLY high ranked cops, this works pretty well. For the cop missions always choose the one that tells you to "escape a chse quickly." Choose any one of the pre-started police chases and nitro into the cop in front of you. There's a 75% chance you'll t-bone and insta-total him inside of 5 seconds.
When you're challenging a boss, turn off auto-save. ALWAYS make sure you get his car. If you don't, re-do the race.

Back