NFSMW AHretasredfafakl;hgajklgh

J-M-E said:
why the FUCK would you dragrace on SHIT WITH SHIT IN THE FUCKING WAY you stupid FUCKS. FUCK!!!

2/10

You're trying too hard. I'm feeling your anger, but try using more variety. Maybe something to do with sheep or whiffle ball bats. You know, spice it up.

k. More please.

drizzt81 said:
Because it's easier to code a catch-up feature that to do a real AI that drives the cars. Considering the pathetic performance of NFS:MW in the first place, it may have been a good tradeoff. If their programming team isn't able to make the game perform ok in the first place, who knows how bad it would have been had they actually something difficult to do.

In the end, it's likely due to the fact they hired all this 'high quality acting' talent which sucked funds from the actual programming side of things. I really wish EA would make GAMES again and not the junk they've been releasing. IIRC: last year EA released something like 13 titles, 11 of which were "follow-ups". It's like hollywood... no originality.

It would be nice if they had programmed the other racers to actually have "skill." I loved how when they did pass me they would often brake randomly and run into poles and whatnot. After a while I figured out that it was easier to stay slightly behind the lead racer until the end then pass them, as opposed to getting a huge lead on them. They go much slower that way and you can take your time, that way at the end of the race you can use your more powerfull car/boost to pass them up, and thus not allow them to "cheat."

I hated the cops more than anything... At lower bounty levels, I would have to drive slowly and baby the stupid cops for fear of losing them and ending the chase. If I bumped them too hard they would explode and *poof* no more chase. At high bounty levels they would spawn right in front of me, the SUVs that did this were especially annoying. If only they had programmed in some sort of "desire to live" into these idiots so that they wouldn't drive on the wrong side of the road at 150mph and crash into me, other drivers, other cops, etc.

On the upside, it made me feel better about all of my real life tickets to smash them to pieces and get away :D

SPOILERS:

Actually, I thought it was a fun game overall, and somewhat on the easy side given the poor AI of the other cars (as someone else said, hang back and win at the end, or just don't hit anything) and you ability to nitro out of most problem stops with the cops.

The only part of the game I disliked was the end when you beat Black List 1, and then get put back into your BMW. But, the beamer is slow, has poor nitrous support and the cops are rabid. Also, lack of a map means you need to have memorized the city to get around, hit pursuit breakers and get away. First time I did it, I didn't realize I could avoid them and didn't hear what I was supposed to do at 5 minutes. Second time I made it to the bridge, but didn't nitrous over it so I just crashed and burned. Third times the charm and I finished the game.

Second time I made it to the bridge, but didn't nitrous over it so I just crashed and burned.

Really :eek: . I didnt know you can fall of the bridge...I finished MW long time ago and I remember that when you get near the bridge the game will continue on auto play.

Evil-N.N said:
Really :eek: . I didnt know you can fall of the bridge...I finished MW long time ago and I remember that when you get near the bridge the game will continue on auto play.

Same here, I slid onto the bridge sideways and a movie took over

I agree, the most difficult part was the final race.
I was also quite frustrated that I could not spin out other racers. I wondered many times if I was just doing it wrong. I definitely like the graphics and feel of this game, but the AI in NFS Hot Pursuit 2 was much better.

I reached blacklist #4 but just could not take it anymore, and un-installed the game for many of the reasons previously mentioned in this thread.
When I'm swearing and feeling frustrated at a game and want to send my fist through the monitor, its no longer a "game" to me.

My #1 annoyance is that they don't guarantee you the pink slip after beating someone on the blacklist, yet they don't cater financially for those players who unluckily don't ever get the farking pink slip, who'll need to buy their own cars etc.
Like 5-6 blacklist rivals in a row I havent got the god damned pink slip. Theres other major annoyances but they've been mentioned before - its just that this one affects you non stop throughout the game.

I don't ever intend to play it again, its like the farking devs planned every possible way to annoy and frustrate the player and put it into the game.

BLACKLIST RACER #2 CAME OUT OF MY SCREEN AND ANALLY RAPED ME. Shits straight up, BEAT!.

J-M-E said:
BLACKLIST RACER #2 CAME OUT OF MY SCREEN AND ANALLY RAPED ME. Shits straight up, BEAT!.

THATS THE FUCKING SHIT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!! Like WTF is up with that. FUCK THAT.

LMAO, Hey Converge c'mon man don't hold back tell us how you really feel. :D :D
Oh my god so much sig worthy material for me especially that little nintendo rant that was posted too. You could really feel the anger flowing through on that one LOL.

I beat the game and I liked it. I don't mind catch up and I thought it was as balanced as possible. You don't want a game that is really easy do you? If anything had to be toned down, I would say the cops. The heavy SUVs were hard as hell to get away from. I always went in the stadium. I also thought that some of the bounties you had to get were too much.

While considerably better than 7 and 8, and even 6, I'd say MW was pretty crappy. I wish they'd return the series to its roots with just sexy exotics like Lamborghini/Porsche and the segment track with no bloody ricing.

The music, my god what horrid crap. Almost entirely rap and metalcore. Had to turn that shit off and queue up the older NFS music in winamp.

Oh well, at least it had police that don't drop bouncing barrels with pink smoke.

iSkylla said:
I beat the game and I liked it. I don't mind catch up and I thought it was as balanced as possible. You don't want a game that is really easy do you? If anything had to be toned down, I would say the cops. The heavy SUVs were hard as hell to get away from. I always went in the stadium. I also thought that some of the bounties you had to get were too much.
I thought the catchup was entirely lame. It felt like the devs put it in cause they couldn't code a proper AI. Which is probably true. A game shouldn't be hard in an unfair way, like this stupid rubber-banding BS.

Ea is making Need for Speed: Carbon :D,

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/index.jsp

They are making if for every machine,

Ps2
Xbox
PS3
Xbox360
Gamecube
DS
Wii
PSP
Pc
Gameboy
and finally mobile.

If you watch the trailer on that link, it looks very similar to Need for Speed Underground 2, well IMO it does.

the gamer said:
Ea is making Need for Speed: Carbon :D,

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/index.jsp

They are making if for every machine,

Ps2
Xbox
PS3
Xbox360
Gamecube
DS
Wii
PSP
Pc
Gameboy
and finally mobile.

If you watch the trailer on that link, it looks very similar to Need for Speed Underground 2, well IMO it does.

Hence the name, carbon ...copy. :p

Yo um, to sum dat up. NEED FO SPED CARBON IZ GONNA BE LEIK THE OTHER 8 or 9 NEED FOR SPEEDS CEPT FOR DA FACT THAT THERE IS MORE GLOWY SHIT ON YER RICE RAWCKET. OH AND TURBO KITS WERE INCREASED FROM 73,000$ TO 195,000$....FUCK!!!

DEFINITE BUY FOR ME.

Rumors have it that 2 weeks after the release of Need for Speed: Carbon, Need for Speed: Underglow will be released. AND PRETTY MUCH WUT DAT IS, IS THE SAME FUCKIN BULLSHIT AS THE LAST 25 NEED FOR SPEEDS WHERE YOU RICE UP YOUR POS HONDA. EXCEPT MORE LIGHTS. AND DEY ADDED 53" SPOILERS. AND IF JOO DO NOT BUY IT, EA WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE, SKULL FUCK YOU, AND CURB STOMP YOUR DOG!!! SO FUCKIN BUY IT!!1

PLEASE. Id rather be fucking anally raped by a wiffel ball bat. EA can fuck off and DIE! DIE!!!!!

J-M-E said:
Yo um, to sum dat up. NEED FO SPED CARBON IZ GONNA BE LEIK THE OTHER 8 or 9 NEED FOR SPEEDS CEPT FOR DA FACT THAT THERE IS MORE GLOWY SHIT ON YER RICE RAWCKET. OH AND TURBO KITS WERE INCREASED FROM 73,000$ TO 195,000$....FUCK!!!

DEFINITE BUY FOR ME.

Rumors have it that 2 weeks after the release of Need for Speed: Carbon, Need for Speed: Underglow will be released. AND PRETTY MUCH WUT DAT IS, IS THE SAME FUCKIN BULLSHIT AS THE LAST 25 NEED FOR SPEEDS WHERE YOU RICE UP YOUR POS HONDA. EXCEPT MORE LIGHTS. AND DEY ADDED 53" SPOILERS. AND IF JOO DO NOT BUY IT, EA WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE, SKULL FUCK YOU, AND CURB STOMP YOUR DOG!!! SO FUCKIN BUY IT!!1

PLEASE. Id rather be fucking anally raped by a wiffel ball bat. EA can fuck off and DIE! DIE!!!!!
Well I love the series, sure it almost the same has the previous release but it's a great game, I liked Most Wanted it was different from Underground 2 , and we wont know what carbon is like until they release the damn game alright.

at a certain age i found out that racing games and strategy games werent based on skill they just make the enemy faster. This model of AI is crap but extremely widely used. Games lose a lot of their fun when you find out the enemy isnt better at building bases they just get a 3x boost to building speed...sucks.

ohh come on guys! its a fun little multiplayer game! sure the single player was totally teeeedeeeusss but i finished it.. but i still dont understand why my character would get out of the carrera gt3 and get into a BMW.... makes no sense at all. That car was sooo fast that the SUV's that would spawn right in front of you would not have enough time to get in front of me!

The trick to beat drag racing is to simply go slow.. dead slow.. then all the AI would crash out and you could win! :D Cheese AI but the multiplayer was great for drunken LAN action....

Pharacon said:
ohh come on guys! its a fun little multiplayer game! sure the single player was totally teeeedeeeusss but i finished it.. but i still dont understand why my character would get out of the carrera gt3 and get into a BMW.... makes no sense at all. That car was sooo fast that the SUV's that would spawn right in front of you would not have enough time to get in front of me!

The trick to beat drag racing is to simply go slow.. dead slow.. then all the AI would crash out and you could win! :D Cheese AI but the multiplayer was great for drunken LAN action....

note my underscore. Since the netcode is such a POS, it's impossible to play this online. On a sidenote, I hope that the next-gen gx cards are out before carbon, because I am sure I'll need one to play that. Looks like more lights 'n stuff.

whrswoldo said:
I hated the cops more than anything... At lower bounty levels, I would have to drive slowly and baby the stupid cops for fear of losing them and ending the chase. If I bumped them too hard they would explode and *poof* no more chase. At high bounty levels they would spawn right in front of me, the SUVs that did this were especially annoying. If only they had programmed in some sort of "desire to live" into these idiots so that they wouldn't drive on the wrong side of the road at 150mph and crash into me, other drivers, other cops, etc.
I had the same problem with babying the cops too. And the text in bold just made me laugh for some reason...lo

The worse problem in this game is the bounty, the AI isn't so bad compared to that.

Dang, I still remember Ridge Racer 1 for Playstation. I beat every stage but the last stage...so so difficult. When I got to the point where I was seriously furious at the game and wanted to hurt something I knew it was time to quit.

the gamer said:
Well I love the series, sure it almost the same has the previous release but it's a great game, I liked Most Wanted it was different from Underground 2 , and we wont know what carbon is like until they release the damn game alright.
Jezus, just take a look at the trailer and you can know it's another stupid ricer game. It shows what seems to be an Evo and a Mustang drifting around a mountain road. If that doesn't tell you enough...
I liked NFS up to Porsche Unleashed, altough I think Underground 2 was decent, too. This is all just crap.

KillerMonkey said:
Jezus, just take a look at the trailer and you can know it's another stupid ricer game. It shows what seems to be an Evo and a Mustang drifting around a mountain road. If that doesn't tell you enough...
I liked NFS up to Porsche Unleashed, altough I think Underground 2 was decent, too. This is all just crap.

Just for your info, it wasn't a mustang, it was the new 08 Camaro. It looks to me that they aren't going for "just another ricer game" because they are implementing more muscle cars and american made POS cars. Most Wanted was a great game because it was something a little different than UG2, a more refreshed racing game.

If you don't know how to race or just plain out play MW, you need to put the controller down . . . and walk away. MW is not that hard.

six_storm said:
Just for your info, it wasn't a mustang, it was the new 08 Camaro. It looks to me that they aren't going for "just another ricer game" because they are implementing more muscle cars
Muscle cars can be riced too, it's not a problem. I just hope that there isn't going to be a "add more bling to get to the next level" requirement anymore.

drizzt81 said:
Muscle cars can be riced too, it's not a problem. I just hope that there isn't going to be a "add more bling to get to the next level" requirement anymore.

I think EA probably got the message about that requirement in the underground series. Notice that you no longer are required to rice your car up in NFSMW. You can still do it if you want, but it's only a choice. Even when I won the pink slips against the blacklist drivers, the first thing I did to them was to un-rice them and make them look somewhat normal.

junehhan said:
I think EA probably got the message about that requirement in the underground series. Notice that you no longer are required to rice your car up in NFSMW. You can still do it if you want, but it's only a choice. Even when I won the pink slips against the blacklist drivers, the first thing I did to them was to un-rice them and make them look somewhat normal.

Hopefully 10 will have some sort of disable AI ricing option and no silly story about ricing. I hate racing against other cars that look neon pink with super ugly bodies and spoilers.

I haven't had a problem spinning out a NPC's car or cops.

Cash is retarded easy to come by in the game, so the prices reflect that. If it were realistic in more way's, you'd spend all your cash on keeping the car running after all the collisions.

Catch Up sucks. But who cares? Just win.

My Fiat Punto launches first in any race, against any NPC. No NoS used. I guess because it's so damn lite.

Back