NFSMW AHretasredfafakl;hgajklgh

Converge

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
1,254
WHY IS THIS GAME SO RETARDED!

Seriously, I wish i could call up one of the NFSMW coders and ask them to fight me. This game is so stupid. Its because of the RETARDED ASS people who made it.

First off, why THE FUCK are NPC's able to go like 3x faster than you, even though your GODDAMN CAR IS FASTER? Seriously. This is the most retarded thing about this game. Ive already completed this game once, and i just started it again today. After racing the girl (blacklist 12 or whatever) i seriously want to punch my monitor. Ive got a supra with all the mods i can put on it, and im racing this bitch in her RX8....and in every situation her car pulls on me, she doesnt even have to use nitrous. Now, im not saying this race is hard...its not. She does enough retarded shit for me to win everytime. So, i win the race and i also win her pink slip....so im like "cool, now i have a faster car" NOPE. All of my supra's stats are better then this bitches RX8's. Why the fuck does EA have to make the goddamn NPC's cheat?!? I wouldnt care if the car was actually faster then the one i was racing, but its fucking not! BS!!!!!!

Secondly, I just love how NPC's can side swipe you and spin you out, yet you cant do it to them. I know you could in Underground and underground2, but nope, not anymore.

Thirdly, why the FUCK does a stage 3 turbo kit cost $76,000?!?! Does anyone on the MW dev team know anything about tuning cars? I know this game is no where near realistic, nor meant to be, but thats just retarded. A stage 3 turbo and a wastegate for 76k? MMMK. Subtract about 70 grand from that price and you've got what it should cost.

end of rant
 

OMoT

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
173
EA has the cool little implementation called "EA catch up". Pretty much any sports game you play has to have some balance, so they make your opponents faster, stronger, etc.
 

aznpxdd

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
2,354
Yes...that's what I HATED about Most Wanted. The NPCs will make stupid mistakes like getting stuck to a wall, etc. But once they recover, they'll catch up so fast it's not even funny. Most of the races fustrated the hell out of me because I'll have a HUGE lead, then I'll make a small mistake near the end and the damn CPU passes me, pissed me off a lot.
 
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
601
i hate the drag maps with high as hell traffic... there is really no way to beat the damn computer unless he crashes
 

logan1

Gawd
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
987
I kinda like the fact that the NPC’s could catch up to the player and the road traffic on drag races. It made the game more challenging. If the NPC’s could not catch up or the roads had no traffic, we would be bitchin about how easy the game turned out. Seriously how much fun do you think it would be to finish the race @ 50mph with no one with a few miles of you.
 

GForce64

Gawd
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
788
I never had a problem with it. 0-o

I hated the cops more than anything, though, but kicking the regular races ass didn't give me too much trouble. Although yes, catch up sucks.
 

banGerprawN

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
1,113
lol.gif


edit:
GForce64 said:
I never had a problem with it. 0-o

I hated the cops more than anything, though, but kicking the regular races ass didn't give me too much trouble. Although yes, catch up sucks.
QFT.
 

TheGamerZ

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Messages
5,217
Solution to the catch up problem is simple... don't mess up. I never had problems with it, they'd be on my tail, but if you DONT HIT STUFF, you're set. :rolleyes: :p
 

Converge

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
1,254
Actually, no....because like i said, the npc's PULL on me. That means they accelerate faster than I do, even though their cars are slower. This is ridiculously retarded.

NPCs dont follow the same rules as you do when your driving in the game....IE, they can take turns at 90mph perfect that you cant even take at 30. EA = retarded.
 

GForce64

Gawd
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
788
You are doing the following:

Tweaking your car so it's optimal for each track
Being sure to use the best car avaliable
Keeping upgrades current

And so on, right? That helps a lot, too. Do that, don't screw up, and you'll do fine.
 

Techx

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
4,380
after taking out several blacklisters i gave up on the game, it is very frustrating and especially when you need to tag 500 cop cars just to get a certain bounty its just time to give up lol.

by the way are there any cheats for this game (360) so i can play all the cars without having to beat them all?
 

zero002021

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
1,317
The only problem I have with the game is the fact that you can lose your car in single player if you get stopped by the cops enough times. I've only been stopped once and I had one of those pink slips things or whatever that makes your ticket not count, but still, its a frikkin video game, not real life. I don't want to lose my cars.
 

lozaning

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
3,759
i played nfsmw underground 2 with one of my friends, not sure about this game but the slution to the drag races in that one was he would shift and i would steer(sp)
 

todlerix

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
2,244
i never, at any point upgraded any car. Except my first car, then i just used cars i won. As far as drags, yea its gay.. 180-200ish around a corner, its all luck lol, well like 99%

u being able to spinout ur opponents so easily would be dumb, i think thats fine.

i just beat the game the other day so i could have all the cars unlocked for the lan party, however i roxed so much no one wanted to play rofl ;x
 

amdgamer

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
4,880
In my opinion, NFSMW really needed a slightly easier option, as some of the races were hopelessly unfair. I remember when racing Baron, how I was almost ready to throw my controller across the room. This game is really fun as I enjoyed it, but I like to enjoy my games, not get angry and frustrated by it. I could never understand how at the higher levels, they were insanely faster than you, and them making a mistake was the only way to win at times.
 

Converge

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
1,254
I actually liked the cop chases, im not racing them to win so i dont care if they can take a 90 degree turn at 205mph :rolleyes:

And even "catch up" doesnt bother me. Thats not what i was talking about in my first post. Catch up does add a little balance and thats fine....the thing is, even when im right next to an oppenent with a car that is slower than mine, and watch them majically speed up to 180-190+ in a car that has a max speed of 175. And then to have them brake for no apparent reason in the middle of the road. Its just stupid, and I dont know why the hell EA would code/program the npc's to be so fucking gay.

I cant wait for the new test drive game though..
 

amdgamer

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
4,880
There is supposed to be a new NFS game called NFS: Carbon coming out this winter. I am curious to see what it's going to be about, as I hope they balance the difficulty a lot better in it. I also can't wait for Test Drive to come out as well. I just hope that they do as good of a job on car engine and exhaust sounds, as they did in NFS MW.
 

Mr. Stryker

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 15, 2005
Messages
5,221
Converge said:
WHY IS THIS GAME SO RETARDED!

Seriously, I wish i could call up one of the NFSMW coders and ask them to fight me. This game is so stupid. Its because of the RETARDED ASS people who made it.

First off, why THE FUCK are NPC's able to go like 3x faster than you, even though your GODDAMN CAR IS FASTER? Seriously. This is the most retarded thing about this game. Ive already completed this game once, and i just started it again today. After racing the girl (blacklist 12 or whatever) i seriously want to punch my monitor. Ive got a supra with all the mods i can put on it, and im racing this bitch in her RX8....and in every situation her car pulls on me, she doesnt even have to use nitrous. Now, im not saying this race is hard...its not. She does enough retarded shit for me to win everytime. So, i win the race and i also win her pink slip....so im like "cool, now i have a faster car" NOPE. All of my supra's stats are better then this bitches RX8's. Why the fuck does EA have to make the goddamn NPC's cheat?!? I wouldnt care if the car was actually faster then the one i was racing, but its fucking not! BS!!!!!!

Secondly, I just love how NPC's can side swipe you and spin you out, yet you cant do it to them. I know you could in Underground and underground2, but nope, not anymore.

Thirdly, why the FUCK does a stage 3 turbo kit cost $76,000?!?! Does anyone on the MW dev team know anything about tuning cars? I know this game is no where near realistic, nor meant to be, but thats just retarded. A stage 3 turbo and a wastegate for 76k? MMMK. Subtract about 70 grand from that price and you've got what it should cost.

end of rant

Llllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllll that rant made my day. It was so funny how you talked like that lmao. Yeah I know what you mean for that game. It's quite annoying but hey it's what balances the game a little.
 

banGerprawN

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
1,113
Mr. Stryker said:
Llllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllll that rant made my day. It was so funny how you talked like that lmao. Yeah I know what you mean for that game. It's quite annoying but hey it's what balances the game a little.
Dear Nintendo:
YOUR COCKSUCKING PRODUCT HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING MAN-APE WHOSE ONLY RESORT TO DEALING WITH THE ALMIGHTY FUCKING GRIEF IT'S BESTOWED UPON ME IS TO SCREAM AND HURT MYSELF.

Seriously, I am jumping up and down and throwing my shit in handfuls at the fucking television in some impotent primal effort to get the thing to work. I have been sitting here trying to enjoy your product - YOUR PRODUCT, YOUR GAME, YOUR CONTRACT BETWEEN DEVELOPER AND CONSUMER THAT THE CONSUMER WILL ENJOY YOUR PRODUCT - but instead the damn thing's been crawling out of the console and taking warm shits in my gaping mouth. Swear to god, you should have just added a little door to the console through which a hand pops out and flips me off, because I am insulted that your QA or testers or whatever brainless shitstove three genes short of a monkey FAGNUT signs your games through thought that a person with more than a single fucking digit IQ could enjoy Story Mode Chapter 7. INSULTED.

WORK WITH ME HERE: The goal's simple enough! Come in first! Hey, that's fine, it's just like playing the grand fucking prix; not a problem! Only deal is your cross-eyed team of tongue-slapping wunderkind decided to give the game every single fucking advantage possible TO THE GAME rather than me.

How in the fuck does Black Shadow - whose car is the heaviest and lamest piece of shit next to the Crazy Bear - suddenly become SO FUCKING GOOD that he can stay in first without using a drop of boost? Huh!? Why!? You never see this shithead anywhere near the top fucking 20 in a normal race. BUT HO HO HO THIS TIME HE'S MEGA-COCK, THE FASTEST FAGGOT IN THE WORLD. 1.21 GIGAWATTS MARTY, LET'S GO BACK TO THE FUCKING FUTURE.

But it's not just Black Shadow with the magical powers, it's the entire fucking lineup of racers! THEY'RE ALL FASTER THAN YOU. AND DON'T REQUIRE ANY BOOST.

But but but I of course, am still driving some piece of shit hamster-powered jalopy who guzzles it's entire energy bar in no less than four fucking boosts! Add to this the entire course just got shitted on by some retarded space tiki volacano god and you've got a course full of hazards that'll drain at least 1/4 of your energy bar JUST BECAUSE IT CAN. WHOOPIE.

HURRR, you say. THAT'S JUST THE CHALLENGE. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY. Well fuck that noise, you lopsided frankenfaced fuckfurter.

Tell me, please, why does the GAME have to win? Huh? What happens when the game wins and I lose? Is there some huge fucking kegger waiting for it when it gets done? Is there money involved? Or perhaps the motives are more sinister. Maybe the game's family is being held hostage by another game and that game has it's cock in F-Zero's wife's mouth and he's holding a cell phone up to her and F-Zero can hear her pained moans and cries for help and the asshole game then says, "You beat that cock-sucking human, or I'll blow her brains out." I COULD UNDERSTAND THAT. I CAN BE SYMPATHETIC.

It's not any fun if I can't win, you s. I want to move on. I want to unlock whatever piece of shit clown car you have hidden away from me so I can start racing and get pissed off with that too. When your game prevents me from fully enjoying the product I have bought you have failed in your fucking mission to deliver a game. You lose! You break the contract! You contract the gay and fucking DIE DIE DIE.
Rants about games are great.
 

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Messages
1,426
I can beat the cops with me eye's close, and Converge you must suck if they can side swipe you and make ya spin out lol, I can make them spin out not the other way around, don't believe me then that's your problem.
 

Converge

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
1,254
the gamer said:
I can beat the cops with me eye's close, and Converge you must suck if they can side swipe you and make ya spin out lol, I can make them spin out not the other way around, don't believe me then that's your problem.


First of all go back and read the posts, i never said cops were hard. Ummm secondly i was also talking about other racers and not being able to spin them out. You CANT spin out other racers, so dont say you can.

Learn how to read.

I never said this game was hard, i said it was bullshit.
 

drizzt81

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
12,361
Converge said:
WHY IS THIS GAME SO RETARDED!

Seriously, I wish i could call up one of the NFSMW coders and ask them to fight me. This game is so stupid. Its because of the RETARDED ASS people who made it.

First off, why THE FUCK are NPC's able to go like 3x faster than you, even though your GODDAMN CAR IS FASTER?
Because it's easier to code a catch-up feature that to do a real AI that drives the cars. Considering the pathetic performance of NFS:MW in the first place, it may have been a good tradeoff. If their programming team isn't able to make the game perform ok in the first place, who knows how bad it would have been had they actually something difficult to do.

In the end, it's likely due to the fact they hired all this 'high quality acting' talent which sucked funds from the actual programming side of things. I really wish EA would make GAMES again and not the junk they've been releasing. IIRC: last year EA released something like 13 titles, 11 of which were "follow-ups". It's like hollywood... no originality.
 

todlerix

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
2,244
Converge said:
First of all go back and read the posts, i never said cops were hard. Ummm secondly i was also talking about other racers and not being able to spin them out. You CANT spin out other racers, so dont say you can.

Learn how to read.

I never said this game was hard, i said it was bullshit.


rofl
 

amdgamer

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
4,880
drizzt81 said:
Because it's easier to code a catch-up feature that to do a real AI that drives the cars. Considering the pathetic performance of NFS:MW in the first place, it may have been a good tradeoff. If their programming team isn't able to make the game perform ok in the first place, who knows how bad it would have been had they actually something difficult to do.

In the end, it's likely due to the fact they hired all this 'high quality acting' talent which sucked funds from the actual programming side of things. I really wish EA would make GAMES again and not the junk they've been releasing. IIRC: last year EA released something like 13 titles, 11 of which were "follow-ups". It's like hollywood... no originality.


What's wrong with releasing follow up stuff? Besides the unbalanced difficulty, NFSMW was the most fun i've had in a long time as I thought it was a very solid game. Out of those follow ups released, many of them were solid as well. I continue to look foward to so called follow up titles from EA as I generally have a lot of fun with them. NFSMW while making me pull my hair out, provided me with a solid 40 hours of fun gameplay.
 

GForce64

Gawd
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
788
It IS a solid game, I'll agree with that. Tearing a new one to South American and Eastern European kids online was fun, too.

I swear, at least half the people I raced were from one of those two areas.
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
846
I just hope they change or get rid of the drag racing in it's current state. All the drag racing is just dodging traffic by remembering the patterns. You race a drag race about 5 times to learn the traffic pattern and then you bob and weave correctly and win. It's nothing about drag racing which is queer.
 

Bbq

King of Charts
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
12,272
I HATE catchup. I'm 4 laps ahead of some guy (not in nfsmw), and all of a sudden, he comes ROCKETING down, I'm guessing 3x as fast as I am (i'm nearing the max of the car), laps me, TWICE.
 

Zoramac

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
403
Burnout: Revenge is no different. if you get taken out or crash its at least a 5 sec penalty. if you take out the AI, they respawn instantly and 25% of the time they spawn right back in front of you. Not to mention, if they are not right next to you when you go around a turn they will drive right thru the forcefield walls and take shortcuts (if you want to see this, crash into one and watch the ai in the replay then see how far the ai is ahead of you when you do manage to respawn) of course they are pretty stupid and all but 1of them are always easy to catch up to - theres always one that has the magic turn on rails mod and cant miss a turn.
 

amdgamer

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
4,880
ThirtySixBelow said:
I just hope they change or get rid of the drag racing in it's current state. All the drag racing is just dodging traffic by remembering the patterns. You race a drag race about 5 times to learn the traffic pattern and then you bob and weave correctly and win. It's nothing about drag racing which is queer.

I honestly hope they leave drag racing in the future NFS titles, as I loved it. I want the drag races to be more dynamic, but they better not make it insanely hard.
 

Converge

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
1,254
junehhan said:
I honestly hope they leave drag racing in the future NFS titles, as I loved it. I want the drag races to be more dynamic, but they better not make it insanely hard.

If the drag races were ACTUALLY drag races... IE STRAIGHT FUCKIN LINES, then it could definitely be better. I dont even care if they have traffic, just make the fucking road MOSTLY straight and take out the fucking obstacles GODDAMN

No one would ever drag race on shit with fucking shit in the way, its stupid
 

Sly

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
5,748
Converge said:
i was also talking about other racers and not being able to spin them out.

This kinda irked me, if they can run me off the road (Dunno if they do it on purpose or the AI just doesn't care), i should be able to run them off too! As it is, i can push them to the wall, but my speed will plummet and i'll actually get left behind by the guy i ran off!!! They don't seem to have that trouble when they're knocking me out!!!

The drag race is the worst. It's like a fixed mini maze, all those walls (ie. cars) but they're always in the same place all the time. The ones in underground had few vehicles, but atleast they were more or less random.

BTW, why wouldn't they let me spin them out? I used to be able to do that in the earlier installments :confused:
 

Sly

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
5,748
The absolute worst thing in this game?

WHERE ARE THE REPLAYS?!?!
 

J-M-E

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
1,955
why the FUCK would you dragrace on SHIT WITH SHIT IN THE FUCKING WAY you stupid FUCKS. FUCK!!!

THE FUCKING TURBO KIT IS FUCKING 73,000$. NO THANKS FAGGOTS ID RATHER BUY A FUCKING PORSCHE THAN PUT A TURBO IN MY FUCKING HONDA CIVIC WITH A COFFEE CAN AS AN EXHAUSE TIP, THANKS.

OH OH. MAYBE. WE CAN GO PAY 23,000$ TO PUT FUCKING STRIPES ON MY CAR. Yes folks, STRIPES. heres and idea:

USE FUCKING DUCT TAPE!

Dammit!

Im gonna go put my cock in EA's mouth some more
 

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Messages
1,426
Converge said:
First of all go back and read the posts, i never said cops were hard. Ummm secondly i was also talking about other racers and not being able to spin them out. You CANT spin out other racers, so dont say you can.

Learn how to read.

I never said this game was hard, i said it was bullshit.
Well if ya don't like the game then don't play it, its that simple.

I am waiting for a mod to lock this thread lol :D.
 
Top