NFS:Undercover....Your thoughts?

I'm still not sure that having enough time is the issue. If you look back to the older games, they all came out roughly every year, too. I think dating back to NFS3, we got one every year or at least every 18 months. I just think that maybe the design teams either don't have the right focus, they aren't as talented as previous groups, or maybe EA just has lower standards.
Even games like Underground and Underground 2 at least had decent production values. You might not like them, but they had an audience and they succeeded with what they wanted to do. Carbon, Prostreet, and now Undercover just seem like flat-out failures.

I think you're right about the talent to a degree. EA was on a buying frenzy buying frenzy buying out smaller development companies (westwood studios anyone?) and then closing them up and giving the programmers the option to stay on (few did)

But its also how EA overworks its employees. Marriages have failed because of EA!

http://www.ectnews.com/story/38451.html

Wow, I was expecting so much better. I hated NFS Carbon and REALLY hated NFS ProStreet, and kept that hate with Burnout Paradise. EA is really screwing up racing games lately.

I guess I'll wait until this hits the $15 bargain bin.

Wow, I was expecting so much better. I hated NFS Carbon and REALLY hated NFS ProStreet, and kept that hate with Burnout Paradise. EA is really screwing up racing games lately.

I guess I'll wait until this hits the $15 bargain bin.

yes but BP wasn't made by EA directly, it was published by EA.... at least till criterion is fully absorbed into the fold.

Prostreet was terrible, and "anti" what the franchise is about i think. This one is better, but i'm having a hard time getting into it so far. Failing to see the bigger picture with the story/point-of-racing might be the problem. Graphics are decent despite some nasty frame drops here and there. Also, are there challenges in this NFS.. those are always fun as hell.

I think you're right about the talent to a degree. EA was on a buying frenzy buying frenzy buying out smaller development companies (westwood studios anyone?) and then closing them up and giving the programmers the option to stay on (few did)

But its also how EA overworks its employees. Marriages have failed because of EA!

http://www.ectnews.com/story/38451.html

Aah... Westwood... I remember the glorious days of Dune 2... Will we ever go back to Dune?

Man does this game suck, I played it for about an hour last night and just could not get into it. NFS: Most Wanted was much better for graphics and gameplay.

This game does have some pretty cool cut scenes, but other then that it's not worth buying, save your money.

The series just needs to die. The decline started with NFS4, with a brief resucitation with NFS5 and its been a slow death ever since.

Mark my words, it sucks, but it will still be a best-seller. Mark my words...
Stupid people will never learn, brand name is all that matters to them... no matter how much shit they eat by playing, they will play it, and enjoy it, because it's been so hyped, had so much publicity and, of course, it's Need For Speed.

It's already at #17 in Xfire's ranking with 7x more hours of gameplay than GRID.

I was gonna pick this up, but not now. EA=sucks!! They ruin every good/decent game series, like Madden NFL.

I love racing sims, but will probably wait until this one hits the bargin bin, as most NFS games do.

I just picked up Most Wanted for my 360 last night, and the girl at the counte laughed and said, "Yeah, I'd stick with that one too."

However, there seems to be a fair amount of racing games out now, so I'll be downloading some demos this weekend to try out.

brief resucitation with NFS5 ?? what the heck?!?!

that was the pinnacle!!

I guess thats a matter of opinion. IMHO NFS5 made a dramatic departure from the tradition of the series. Car variety was pretty much tossed out the window. It had some good points like bringing point to point back, and part purchasing for car upgrades and good physics. However to counteract that they pretty much tossed out cops (besides the annoying ones that tried to ruin your factory driver experience), had nothing but Porsches (probably my least favorite sport/exotic manufacturer). Ever since then its been a grab bag of features.

Does EA Canada even do the NFS games anymore?

Need for Speed Carbon, Pro street and now Undercover are all shit. or (maybe carbon was actually a bit better then undercover and pro street?) Dunno what happened to EA....but serzly gotta stop making shitty games like these. NFSU1 and 2 were the best along with MW! HP2 was alright as well...I guess.

I was very displeased with this game. The only thing I look forward to is listen to AC/DC while racing. Other than that, Big let down.

More of a Flatout series person in modern times. Although, Need For Speed 3: Hot Pursuit is my favorite and a classic.

Wow i didnt know you can put a TURD in a Xbox and it would play, And that turd has a name.. NEED FOR SPEED UNDERCOVER. Man that made a mess in my system

So when the hell can I upgrade my car in this game? I've probably ran in at least 5 races and won. I just need the nitrous so I can use a trainer and outright rape the computer opponent.

I was just at walmart (got day off tomorrow) looking for a game I could buy that wouldnt piss my wife off cost wise... i.e. spending $49.95 on a game...

Saw they had this game for $29.95 and I had played MW and Carbon and liked them, had the game in my hand and about to put into my basket along side the family size doritos...Then I thought, Hmmm, I hadnt read anything about this game, didnt even know it existed (guess I kept missing this thread), I better not buy it, whats one more day...Go home and play more TF2 and read some reviews here at the [H] and see what others thought about the game so i put the game back.

Whew....Dodged a 30 dollar bullet tonight.

Shame too, I was hoping to read some good reviews about the game. I also need to wake the hell up and open my eyes...I SWORE off EA games over a year ago, said to myself, I would never buy another EA title....I didnt even think to look who made it...Gahhh. Another bullet dodged....

So I bought the movie Transformers instead, hehe. Heard LOTS of good things about this movie and was only $13 bucks.

The Anti-Aliasing on Undercover is broken. Enabling AA in the game has no effect on visuals for me, whether it's 2x, 4x or 6x. Overiding the AA in the NVIDIA control panel does help a little bit, but aliasing is still present on most things (especially shadows). There are various extra graphical settings in the registry such as road reflections, rain and better qualtiy cars which are either set to off or low by default. Changing these registry settings to higher values work, but when you exit and reload the game, these values return to default.. (I am not talking about the in-game graphics settings, just the additional registry ones) I have saved these settings into a registry file which I load everytime I play Undercover...extremely annoying having to do this everytime I play!

Graphically, the game is a step down from ProStreet and seriously needs a good polishing. I even experience the odd 2-3 second freeze, where the environment in front of me has to load. I really hope a patch fixes these graphics settings.

Non graphically, I really dislike the fact that you can jump to any race on the map. You don't even have to do that, a simple pressing of the TAB button takes you to a race. What's the point of giving us a nice, large city to explore, if the game allows us to bypass this and jump straight into a race?

the graphics in undercover is pure sadness..........the AA is indeed broken as stated in the previous post. even if the AA works, the graphics is still largely underwhelming. the control (physics) in the game is terrible, i am playing it on PC and the car felt worse than a RC car. my verdicts:

Good: uninstalled, not on my HDD anymore.
Bad: it has NFS on it.
Bottom line: a piece of shit

Mannnn, the more I read about this game, the more negative words I read too.

I say again....THIS is A 30 dollar bullet I avoided.....Whewwww.....Thank You forums.....

So, now that this game has been released today, what do you guys think of it? IGN slammed it, saying it was lacking in design but full of technical issues. I'm thinking of getting this for my 360, even though I have Most Wanted for my PC. Has anyone picked up the game today and been playing it?
c40747-14.jpg

Well since I'm not a graphics-whore nor do I care if it is the same old, I loved Most Wanted, so I love this. Who gives a ----- about the story anyway?

Call me crazy but I also like TR Underworld, Silent Hill Homecoming and CoD:WaW :rolleyes:

Well, I havent played any NFS since Hot pursuit on the PS1. I bought this game for the Nissan 370z. Really, thats the only reason. The game is fun. I only play FPS, so I dont know much about racing games, or the good the bad and the ugly of them. However, I like this game.

For Xbox I would suggest...Forza hands down it you want a sim racer. Burnout Paradise if you want an arcade racer.

I didnt care for GRID. all the cars handling didnt feel realistic. I agree, after most wanted its gone down hill. I only rent the latest ones just to see what kind of cars they have on them and what customization they have to them. Although undercover has a factory five 65 cobra on it (we built one) It will be interesting what you can do to it.

Actually GRID's most highlight of the game build is the control and handling and crash model physics. Thats about it, so don't say it wasn't realistic....but if you want real realistic nothing beats GTR2.

In my experience with NFS:Undercover....

/barffffffffffffffffffffffffff

(This is my opinion, and I'm sorry if some of you don't agree.)

I would've assumed so, but I skipped through the majority of the thread and didn't want to offend those who actually enjoy it. ;)

I guess we'll just have to wait on the next NFS franchise to go with the series and see what it is like..whether it will disappoint us like this one or it will be like the good old days with NFS HP, NFSU1,2,MW......

Back