NFS:Most Wanted and Bounty

djnes

Fully [H]
I'm trying to up my bounty so I can take on Blacklist #7. I'm about 150,000 points behind. Are there some tips to raising my bounty? I've been going at it slowly, trying to extend out pursuits, but that's only getting me around 5,000 at a time. Any suggestions?

You can drive to the bus stop and drive up the ramp (inside the bus station) and park on the buses.

This only works at lower levels but your time of pursuit and bounty will raise up the damage/bounty.

Once the Vettes come out and play though you better get moving. If one of them drives up on the buses with you (they will) you're done.

Also sometimes lower level chases result in a car driving up there too...

That's the best way to do it IMO.

After I got busted I'd always use the bus stop to get my bounty back up. The bounty challenge #1 starts closest to the bus stop.

Drive passed the water tower (where the cop starts) take a right and follow the road to the bus stop. (passed the gas station)

I just saw that mentioned in a strategy guide. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Don't worry. It's annoying at first but pretty soon you get the hang of the bounties. Unless I'm at like level 4 or 5 heat, no problem. I can take out 2 or 3 cop cars easy peasy.

When I need huge bounties (you need to be grabbing like a cool extra million later on :eek: ), I usually start around mid level 2 heat. Anything less and you have to toy with the motherfuckers forever before they come. You can't hit 20 plus cop car milestones, in your pimped out lambo with no cops around. Conversely, you can't get that 8 minute milestone in the same run if you have SUV's on you from 30 seconds in to the chase like you would if you were level 5. You're sure to disable one or two when they are no competition. In Most Wanted it is not your goal to get out of trouble as quickly as possible. The goal in your indestructible car is to make as much havok as possible. :D

Get her up to like level 3 heat from here, you should have roadblocks by now if not earlier. These is can be the real meat of your scoring. Time to be the nut case. Smash into the cars at the tip of the roadblock. Speedbreaker that car right around try to nail the majority of all of them. You're stalking them at this level. If you're well familiar with what you are doing at this point, you will get to a skill level with this game where it is simiply next to impossible for them to fuck with you in the level 3 and level 4 heat area.

This strategy is not hard to implement if you have a fewcars at your disposal. If I'm starting with a fresh heat car you pretty much know you have to do a few other bullshit things first before everyone's ready to bring on the destruction derby.

Yes Yes I know. You're welcome. :D :p

I think bounty is so easy at the higher levels. occasionally I'd get tagged by a SUV that I didn't see coming and I'd get busted but other than that occasional problem it's pretty easy to wreck vettes or at least stay away from them until they wreck themselves. Also if you wreck a vette or an SUV the $$$ amount is a lot higher than anything else.

Level 4 & 5 is where you get the bounty.

Also... the the OP or anyone else playing this game. After you beat Razor (I like to call him Clarence) do NOT turn the game off if you can't beat the final chase. You have to play the final chase until you beat it. If you reset the game you'll have to beat Clarence again :( (which is a process)

I learned this the hard way.

The quickest way to raise your bounty is to take out cop cars using the pursuit breakers. It can be a little slow early on (low scores per car / not many cops), but once you get to level 5, you can pretty easily rack up 1,000,000 in a minute or less. Lead the cops on for a while so you've got a decent crowd behind you - the combos are where most of the score comes from (and if you're lucky, Cross will be in there somewhere and score you an easy 300,000).

Once you're done, the best way I've found to lose them is in the stadium (on the first island). Drive through from the freeway, knocking out the pursuit breaker. The entrance is now completely blocked off. Drive to the other side, slow down, tap the other pursuit breaker and reverse back in. Drive to the middle of the field, right up against the edge - you should be out of sight of both entrances. Then go grab a cold one. By the time you're done it should be over ;).

One last thing - try a few different cars, and chose the best one for pursuits. Of course you want a nice balance of speed and handling, but there's one more very important factor in pursuits: Weight. Take a Lotus Elise into a pursuit, and you're likely to get fucked. The cops can run you off the road without even trying, and it's pretty much impossible to get one through an SUV roadblock. My Dodge Viper, on the other hand, has no problems sending an SUV flying twenty metres into the air :D.

Back