NFS carbon demo is out

i'm interested to see how this turns out... the demo looked and ran like ass on the 360. they've had almost a month to fix the game up since then. is there any hope for this nfs carbon? i'd download this new demo and see for myself but my video card is fubared.

heh, if it's anything like that 360 demo, well, this game is just sad.

downloading now once its done i will post on how the gameplay is compared to the 360

slow servers ZZZZZZZZZZZ if anyone finds a quicker one LMK
:p

Servers are getting hammered ...

10KB/sec on a T3 line? Patience is a virtue, methinks... :p

Having just played it:

• Feels the same as NSF:U2 & Most Wanted
  • Sculpture feature is kinda neat
  • Cars are way too plasticy, not as in rice, as in, texture wise.
Just my opinion, thus far atleast.

EDIT: Ouch, I just hit up a drift and wow, that was awful. The car was just moving like a toy, it would do almost 75-90 degree turns instantly, keeping traction.

Yeah some body find a decent server if I wanted to download at 5K I would go back to dial up.

DeChache said:
Yeah some body find a decent server if I wanted to download at 5K I would go back to dial up.

If you want speed, i recommend you pay for it. www.fileplanet.com

of course, i dont have a subscription there ^_^ Downloading it while at work so no matter how long it takes :eek:

2006 Koenigsegg CCX for Carbon Collectors Edition!

need-for-speed-carbon-2006101711063.jpg

I can't install it. It complains about not having directx version 0. I get this with almost every EA game. I've tried changing the DirectX line in autorun, but it won't work. I've got the latest DX version installed.

Dled it on XBlive. Actually not to bad, I haven't played the series since UG2. I may pick it up used cause racing games just don't hold my interest long and I really hate EA after their BF bullshit so Im reluctant to give them any cash.

I like it. Its like a cross between MW and UG2. Im going to have to get it when it comes out.

DeChache said:
I like it. Its like a cross between MW and UG2. Im going to have to get it when it comes out.
Are you kidding? This is nothing like MW. The physics are awful in Carbon, completely awful, not even arcadish, just, crap.

played it on the 360, and its not bad but its not great either. The controls are the biggest complaint I have with it. I know the NFS games have had somewhat questionable handling mechanics lately but they were getting better and I felt with this game they kind of took a step or two back. I still might pick it up as I have owned every NFS game since the very first one.

Well I played it and I liked it, I'll be picking up the full version for the PC.

Only problem so far I've noticed, no support for Widescreen resolutions :(

You've got to be shitting me...

No seriously YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME

Please tell me this is just a "demo" and EA will at last offer widescreen resolution support in the full version of the game...is that asking too much almost 7 years deep into the 21st century? :rolleyes:

edit- also..is the canyon dooooooriffto in sort of slow-mo for anyone else? See my sig for horsepower..

If the demo is anything like the full version, I won't be getting this game. They really dropped the ball, compared to Most Wanted. Really horrible physics in this. I figured Most Wanted was a sign that the series was on the upswing again, but this looks to be like the BF2142 of the NFS series.

where the heck is the setup/options screen? it just jumps into race mode and thats it...

can change most graphic options through reg edit but using keyboard is a pain

Brent_Justice said:
Well I played it and I liked it, I'll be picking up the full version for the PC.

Only problem so far I've noticed, no support for Widescreen resolutions :(

Thanks for proving that Im not crazy Brent I Think this is going to be fun. I think people are just hating it because its EA.

Aonevm said:
where the heck is the setup/options screen? it just jumps into race mode and thats it...

can change most graphic options through reg edit but using keyboard is a pain

You have to start a game then press esc to reconfig your controls. Dont know if its just for me but the controls reset back to defaults once I closed the game :rolleyes:

Played the demo on the 360. I think the game is absolutely awful. The only saving grace is the ability to customize your car, and that's not a very big deal.

This game feels, looks, and sounds like one of those old racing games at the arcade. :rolleyes:

Pretty much assumed there would be no WS support like with mostwanted, but I hope the guy that made the MW widescreen patch will make one for Carbon.

Game looks good, the drifting control is similar to the underground series. I think the game is gonna be great.

Has anyone set their rez over 1280x1024? I can't seem to get it higher than that.

YARDofSTUF said:
Ya the next one up is 1600x1200

weird.. I am trying to play on my new Westy 37".. I am at the native res in windows (1920x1080) too. I tried to find an updated inf file but there isn't one on Westinhouses website. Thanks for the info though

fixed the directx issue. just run the installer in win2k compatibility mode.

but the game runs like shit. 15-30 fps at 1280x960 no AA with everything at max and blur off

I'm downloading it...I'll give it a shot on my laptop and see what I think...

Maxed everything out, 1280x1024 since no native WS support.

Turned off Motion Blur cuz i dont like it.

30FPS minimum 60max vsync on.

I like it, the drifting is cool at higher speeds 110-130mph

I'm having a bit of trouble with the canyon race ><

Physics are differnet, but thats fine ~ doesnt hafta be the same as the other games.

Martyr said:
fuck that. i payed for it when i got cable.

I suppose you should write an email to the people your downloading from and let them know what you think.

Back