nForce4 Mobos...keeping an eye out at the major national distributors

I have been able to get the KT890 boards for about 3 weeks now (rather I "could" get). The ATI PCIe boards showed up about a month and a half ago, I backordered a few and then one day all of the SKUs were gone. Makes me a bit suspicious of the ATI chipsets, although there probably isn't a problem with them, just wierd I guess.

As for the Tyan Dual Opteron board...

I am supposted to be getting ahold of the Iwill version in a week or two. The same client that had me build this box...

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=835271

...is wanting me to evaluate the Iwill (test sample) against the Tyan for use in a couple more rackmounts. I personally would choose the Tyan without even looking at the Iwill, but I tend to go to great lengths for that particular client. It's funny too, becuase if you look at the above thread, alot of the posts ask why no Opteron. Answer was no PCIe available at the time.

You ought to open up an online store of if you have one let me know and I'll add it to the list.

hardwarephreak said:
I have been able to get the KT890 boards for about 3 weeks now (rather I "could" get). The ATI PCIe boards showed up about a month and a half ago, I backordered a few and then one day all of the SKUs were gone. Makes me a bit suspicious of the ATI chipsets, although there probably isn't a problem with them, just wierd I guess.

The MSI boards with the XPRESS 200 chipset? I know they had a USB problem, but I don't know whether or not they were recalled. I'm supposed to have one shipped to me on Tuesday, but it's already been pushed back several weeks. Besides, they have nil overclocking abilities, so I'm definitely looking at other boards.

SureFire said:
The Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI nforce4 SLI is out and others including the Abit AX8 (via k8t890) :) See the list.

Socket 939 K8T890 , nForce4, SiS 756, Radeon Xpress 200 Next Gen Mobo Availability
I'm interested in those DFI boards in that post, do you know anything about them? I thought that they won't be released until some time inbetween Febuary-April.
Also, I wonder what the difference between the DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-DR and the DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D would be... :rolleyes:

I am interested and waiting on the Asus A8N-E Non-SLI. Can't wait for that baby to come out. :D

dfi 939 non-sli all the way!!! im waiting for that sexy beast. wonder how much overclocking we can get these winnies to then :) teeehee

If you are refering to where the A8N SLI is, then they are here next to me. I got a small amount from my second order...some were spoken for, but I have 7 left. They are $199.99, and if you are interested PM me and I will send you the details if you don't want to go back to the first page and read what has turned out to be the longest "first post" :D

Has MSI talked to you about the availability of their NF4 Ultra mobos? ZZF has pushed their in stock date all the way back to the 19th and I'd like to know if they'd be coming in any time sooner somwhere else

Now my dear dear friend (with a lot of honey in the voice)

Would it be possible to start looking for the DFI boards??? :D

Well all preorders have been filled and there are a few left. I just noticed that zip zoom fly is offering these boards for the same price I am, good, its about time. Now we just need the other guys to come off their price too. I still have 4 left as of this update... so if you are interested call me up, and I will throw in free ship to the people who get these last four boards.

As far as MSI goes...man o man...no one @ MSI wants to tell me what's up...I have taken preorders for them, but only for local customers...I'll post a price when they come in, but I don't think they will hit until the end of the month, so I would expect one more delay.

Now for DFI...they haven't shown up yet in the channel. I have been seeing all of the info starting to pop up on the net, so things have been put into motion. I have only two vedors that carry DFI (not really all that large of a manufacturer), I am going to call and see if I can have an order shipped from them direct...so I'll post when I get a reply on that.

I am interested to see how all these boards are going to be priced...

PS. Yes I can get eVGA 6800GT PCIe 256MB for $440 + ship.

Dan

hey um....dfedders by the way...whats the word under your name .....i can't read it...wait there it is it says NOOBIE! yea you lose kthx

synergy321 said:
hey um....dfedders by the way...whats the word under your name .....i can't read it...wait there it is it says NOOBIE! yea you lose kthx

Are you just here to cause trouble? You started it by calling (generally, I might add) posters noobs, without even taking notice of the purpose of this thread.

From what I've seen, you're the noob, no matter what it says under your name.

synergy321 said:

It was a joke, hence the big grin smiley. :D :D :D

Back on topic...

synergy321 said:
hey um....dfedders by the way...whats the word under your name .....i can't read it...

Gee, you having problems not reading something. Who would ever think that? :p

Oh well. For some it appears that yes, a mind is a terrible thing. ;)

AND yes, I didn't quote you in full. Feel free to point that out despite my editing that into my post.

To be somewhat on topic, I would suspect that everyone on this thread is aware that the DFI boards have been posted on their site, and thus LAUNCHED. Now, I've seen boards hit reseller shelves in a couple weeks after a launch. Then again, also seen boards take a good two months after a launch. So really, posting a link to DFI to show that the boards are launched really does nothing for this thread. Not when people want to know when the boards will hit reseller shelves and thus can actually be purchased, not if DFI has officially launched the product. :rolleyes:

To be a tiny bit more on topic, I've seen one pre-order in the USA for a DFI SLI board, store called "ComputerHQ". Saw the listing when I did a Pricewatch search under SLI in the motherboard section. Thing is, they are price gouging like many stores did with the ASUS SLI board, place wants $299.00 before shipping. Also don't know a thing about the store, never shopped with them, never looked up their rating with resellerratings.com or a similar service, so have no idea if this store is safe even if someone says "what the hell, I'll spend $299.00 for the thing just so I can wait a month or three for the board".

And err...the DFI or the MSI both look pretty good to me so far, do want to see a review that covers all the BIOS settings for each board though if nothing else. I actually have the ASUS board, it's mostly stable but without going into details in this thread it is a bit buggy...more annoying buggy then yank my hair out and scream buggy, but still there. So...will MAYBE get the DFI or MSI as a replacement if ASUS never comes out with a BIOS to fix the minor problems I still have with it, assuming one or the other (or both) look more stable.

I'd consider the Gigabyte but I never liked the DPS card thing, if they do what they do with most of their other boards they will charge more for a board that has a major feature, the DPS card, that I'd never use. And I actually kind of don't like the dual bios, but more because clearing the CMOS means actually yanking the battery, never personally seen a Gigabyte board with both dual bios chips & a CMOS jumper.

Okay, I'm done rambling for tonight. ;)

Well regarding the BIOS for the DFI :D I trust the Wizard of Wu... If the hardware in the DFI board is up to it Oscar will get the BIOS right and with that said I'd just like to say thx again to hardwarephreak for promising to keep his eyes open for this board.

synergy321 said:

because post counts and titles = knowledge, right? :rolleyes:

Arvig said:
To be a tiny bit more on topic, I've seen one pre-order in the USA for a DFI SLI board, store called "ComputerHQ

DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR - NVIDIA NFORCE4 SLI
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pr....jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3449&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&SITE=US
http://www.cpucitystore.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=648 BACK-ORDER £151.58 (inc VAT)
http://www.overclockers.se/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1634 BACK-ORDER SEK 2.095 Kr
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Socket_939.html PRE-ORDER £152.69 Including VAT
http://www.hpm-computer.de/hardware/mainboards/sockel939amd/dfilanpartynf4slidr.html BACK-ORDER €206,66

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D - NVIDIA NFORCE4 Ultra
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pr....jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3471&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&SITE=US
http://www.overclockers.se/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1636 BACK-ORDER SEK 1.495 Kr
http://www.hpm-computer.de/assets/s...ards/sockel939amd/dfilanpartyutnf4ultrad.html BACK-ORDER €169,95
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Socket_939.html PRE-ORDER £105.69 Including VAT

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLi-D - NVIDIA NFORCE4 SLI
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pr....jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3469&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&SITE=US
http://www.computerhq.com/hardware/partinfo-id-532379.html PRE-ORDER $299.00
http://www.mittoni.com.au/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1866 BACK-ORDER January, 2005 AU$330.00
http://www.overclockers.se/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1635 BACK-ORDER SEK 1.895 Kr
http://www.hpm-computer.de/assets/s...boards/sockel939amd/dfilanpartyutnf4slid.html BACK-ORDER €185,33
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Socket_939.html PRE-ORDER £129.19 Including VAT

Socket 939 K8T890 , nForce4, SiS 756, Radeon Xpress 200 Next Gen Motherboard Pricing and Availability List

wow its called a joke dude settle down, we're looking for this board so yea i guess i do and want to be in this thread, and yes im here to cause trouble? ok fine with me :p

I just love those prices :rolleyes:

Just a quick update...I am starting to see the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (Ultra) and the K8N SLI Platinum SKU'd up. I still have them on backorder, but nothing has been confirmed as far as dates go...however, this vendor typically doesn't list stuff unless it's really close. I have an email out to my rep, she should get back with me tomorrow.

The pricing, at least as far as I am concerned...

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (NF4 Ultra) - $162
MSI SLI Platinum (SLI Obviously ;) ) - $204

I am still trying to gather some info on the DFI's....not too much out there though...other than thier website, which as stated previously....doesn't mean much when talking about acutal availability. I am going to place a few calls tonight about this.

Anyone have any info on the 6800 Ultras, as I can get the 6800GTs no problem now, which means you guys shouldn't have a problem either. Although, an interesting side note, not sure if it means anything. I have started to see "discontinued" on some of the 6800GT and 6800 Ultra AGP cards. Are they shifting these chips over to the much needed PCIe sector? Or are manufacturers just coming out with new variations and eliminating the old SKUs (although I doubt that because I see no new AGP SKUs) Sooooo....Where are thou oh Ultra PCIe??

hardwarephreak said:
... Although, an interesting side note, not sure if it means anything. I have started to see "discontinued" on some of the 6800GT and 6800 Ultra AGP cards. Are they shifting these chips over to the much needed PCIe sector? Or are manufacturers just coming out with new variations and eliminating the old SKUs (although I doubt that because I see no new AGP SKUs) Sooooo....Where are thou oh Ultra PCIe??

Yeah, from what I've seen it seems that the industry seem to have hired some hitmen to take those AGP out pronto. I truely wish they would've acted so... 'expeditedly' (sp?) on the floppy as soon as there was a worthy replacement for it (such as USB sticks).

It might also be because they can't manage to supply mid-high/high end solution for 2 different standards, a theory which the plethora of vaporware seems to support.

But that's just me and my crystal ball. :cool:

What does your crystal ball say about my chances on winning the lottery, despite the fact that I don't play it... :D

Well the fact that nVidia can just use thier HSI chips to bridge AGP to PCIe, its seems like a smart move, since the demand for the higher-end AGP boards has died down dramatically.

There are also quite a few people looking for 6800 Ultras, what say your crystal ball about that....of course I think I have seen your crystal ball before...if you pick it up and look at the sticker on the bottom it clearly says "Powered by ATI" so I don't know how reliable it actually is. :p

(No, that is not an attack on ATI, just a joke...no flames please ;) )

My friend would like to preorder one of the K8N Neo4 Ultras. Do you have any idea on availability yet?

hardwarephreak said:
What does your crystal ball say about my chances on winning the lottery, despite the fact that I don't play it... :D

Well the fact that nVidia can just use thier HSI chips to bridge AGP to PCIe, its seems like a smart move, since the demand for the higher-end AGP boards has died down dramatically.

There are also quite a few people looking for 6800 Ultras, what say your crystal ball about that....of course I think I have seen your crystal ball before...if you pick it up and look at the sticker on the bottom it clearly says "Powered by ATI" so I don't know how reliable it actually is. :p

(No, that is not an attack on ATI, just a joke...no flames please ;) )

Wow, you seem awefully ticked. That first sentence can be interpreted as a light-hearted followup to my post, but that last paragraph clearly attacked it. If you noticed I started with "from what I've seen". This is no prophecy, editorial argumentation or anything else of the sort, and the crystal ball reference was to underline the fact that I made no special research on it.

I guess that I have to start those sort of posts with "In my opinion" and end them with "just my 2 cents". Some people just don't get it...

wow seriously just settle down were just trying to find and discuss the new mobos and your talking it all WAY to serious, obviously you cant take a joke, Decelerate

synergy321 said:
wow seriously just settle down were just trying to find and discuss the new mobos and your talking it all WAY to serious, obviously you cant take a joke, Decelerate

From the past responses, it's more that your joke wasn't viewed as so. And I don't view his reply as so either.

In other news, what happened to the Ultra solution from Asus? And what happened to Abit (unless I missed something)? I expected them to announce anything before DFI. Abit's considered a first-tier mobo manufacturer no? or am I wrong?

Some people just don't get it

Actually I would view that as miscommunication. You know, i was actually laughing as I typed that, but WOW you took that in such the wrong way...and I mean REALLY the wrong way. I was expecting a light hearted response or poke back.... :confused:

Dude, when you made the statement about the crystal ball, I didn't take that as anything but a joke...I thought I made my intentions clear with the "smiles" but I guess not. Maybe you had a rough day or were in a bad mood, hell, everyone's entitled to that, so no harm no foul... :D

Not trying to take this off topic, so if there is any more to this just PM me..

Alright, let bygones be bygones (is that how you write it?).

Humor on a public forum and/or expressed in written form can be a dangerous thing, people have different depths of it and something one sees as funny can be viewed very differently by others, not to mention the lack of intonation (sp?) in one's non-present voice.

Anyhoo, as you said, back to topic. Here's a question for you hardwarephreak since you're in contact with the industry: "Is Abit still active?". From my casual browsing, it seems that ever since Abit got hit with that stock listing incident, they seem to have dissapeared product-wise.

And when DFI releases a product before you, then you have troubles. Then again, DFI was quick on the release this time around.

On a side note, Asus/Abit/Gigabyte/MSI first-tier and DFI/Epox second tier manufacturers.
Did I get it right?

Abit is alive and well, I just think DFI is getting better and better. Abit always (well usually) puts extra time in to their products to try and get the most out of them, I don't remember too many times when they were first to market...

MSI, Asus, Gigabyte are considered the Tier One guys...Asus usually produces/sells more product than MSI or Gigabyte. However, once and awhile, MSI will be the largest seller of nvidia based video cards or some thing like that, but Asus usually rules the roost.

You know, I am not really sure if there are any other official Tier levels. If I had to guess about a Tier 2, I would put Abit and Epox for sure. DFI is getting there...they have definitely turned a few heads with the last couple lines of boards, especially the LanParty series. I will have to interject here that I have loved ALL of the Epox boards that I have had (currently typing on one now). The problem is the three tier one players usually get first dibs on chipsets and such. It's all in the numbers, Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte reach more consumers than the rest, so if you are launching a product and you want to get it out to the most people, that's your safe bet.

I actually had one of my reps tell me awhile ago that unless you have a fairly large RMA department, to stay away from ECS/Elitegroup. Now its one thing to say you got a bad board or something, but when the guy that gets boards in the hundreds, tells you he gets a lot back, that tells you something.

I'v read nothing on the dfi board or dfi in general.
Are they good? Or just ok?

Well According to my crystal ball LoL DFI has been working on the nF4 solution since they got the 250 Gb ready.. I derive this from the amount of time it has taken them to get the nF3 939 MoBo out. This means that DFI has (strategic desicion) to the AMD 64 and the enthusiast customer group. In the meantime Abit has gone and become a fatality along the road :p i.e. they have not focused on this niche the same way. (not to mention that DFI stole the best BIOS programmer Abit had)...

Now as things develop right now DFI has a first mover advantage in the "super quality range" of AMD boards. Look at the s754 MoBo. And also made the ttm (time to market) line with nF4. I these DFI nF4 boards are anything like their s754 MoBo there will be good times for DFI. With that brand and the spill down to OEM MoBos we are going to se a new leader in AMD MoBo production soon, namley DFI.

Now to come up with those fantasies I had to look REALLY deep into my crystal ball (which btw looks suspicially alike the bottom of a beer glass and also comes with a sticker... hmmm its small ... It says... 'Budweiser proud sponsors of casual sex since 1869' whatever that has anything with anything else to do :confused: )

hey phreak...you seeing anything out there about the x800 xl part? mine's currently supposed to ship on the 21st, but....

put my board in my case last night btw..no vid card, so no go, but thanks! :)

Back