nForce4 Mobos...keeping an eye out at the major national distributors

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by hardwarephreak, Dec 1, 2004.

1. CMAN

CMAN Gawd

AMD would be kicking their own butt,they already have the TOP DOG.

2. dfedders

dfedders Limp Gawd

Right... And AMD64 PCI Express motherboards were "released" in October. :) I'm sure those chips will also be at least $800 each.

There is always something new coming one month later. At some point you just need to buy a something. :D

3. penelope

penelope [H]Lite

today's the 27th...what's the story dan? :)

4. gamekid

gamekid Gawd

lol instead of waiting for dan, u could have worked and made an extra $100 and bought one for $300

5. penelope

penelope [H]Lite

i have a fantastic job, that pays very well. i don't however see any value in paying 150% of true market value for an item i'm perfectly willing to wait for. you're quite the young'un, aren't ya?

6. Jasonx82

Jasonx82 [H]ardness Supreme

You can find em for 240.00 =P But im holding out for 200.00 :p

And I thought my Abit IC7G Max3 was expensive.! @ 185.00

7. SureFire

SureFire Limp Gawd

8. gamekid

gamekid Gawd

15 and spoiled and im proud of it! lol

9. penelope

penelope [H]Lite

it shows, child, it shows very very well.

10. poach

poach [H]Lite

Us “young’un aren’t all like Gamekid. I’m 16 and I work my butt off between school to pay for my expensive computer addiction, and believe me I’m not spoiled, last thing I got from my mother was a $20 note and a card saying “go buy yourself another CUP, or whatever you call it.”

11. gamekid

gamekid Gawd

thats y my mom doesnt bother with my computer stuff, i get a headache trying to explain things to my family, expecially when my sister lives in this "perfect world" and thinks u could do like "everything" on a computer lol, and i am not that spoiled, i just get a lot of money around christmass/my birthday and save up and dont spend my money on stupid stuff.........

12. jabronidan

jabronidan Limp Gawd

Yeah, I am 15 and I pay for my computer stuff myself. Payed for the last one myself and will for my next one too. I sell stuff on Ebay to make cash, I am looking for a job though At the moment. :D

13. penelope

penelope [H]Lite

i don't believe at any point i said anything about anyone other than the young'un in question. i know plenty of responsible, respectable, and reasonable young men and women. :)

14. jabronidan

jabronidan Limp Gawd

We're getting away from the main point...which is when is the Asus A8N-E (Non SLI) going to come out, lol. :D

15. penelope

penelope [H]Lite

actually the point was dan said they'd be processing the a8n's they were supposed to get today (i believe)...and he hasn't yet weighed in on this thread. :p

16. BizKit123

BizKit123 n00b

17. gamekid

gamekid Gawd

i dont know y people just dont pay the extra $20-$30 for an SLI board, its basically almost the same board but with an extra pci-e x16 slot, if sli doesnt turn out to be so great, its not like its gonna be the end of the world

18. BizKit123

BizKit123 n00b

AHH thank you!! i never thought of that> but will it come out tomorrow? is it safe to buy the first line of nf four mobos? do they support winchester cores rite out of the box?

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=241159

19. hardwarephreak

hardwarephreak [H]ard|Gawd

Well, to be quite honest I am beginning to get pretty disgusted with the whole supply situation..when I called today (after checking this morning) I was told that they were now not expecting them till Thursday or Friday. It's all seems like a sick joke. I have seen the delays on some of the other etailers..now some boards are not going to show up till the 4th of January. I have spotted ETAs of the 28th and 29th...and I have also seen the 3rd and 4th of Jan dates in inventory systems too. I am sooo frustrated with this whole ETA thing, I feel like I am waiting on a highly anticipated game, and everytime I go to EB to check out the release date, it has been pushed back even further.

And yes, I am sure there are quite a few people that could pay $300 for a $200 motherboard. Here's a good test to see if you should pay the overinflated price...go get a hundred dollar bill out of your wallet/purse. Go to the nearest bathroom. Place the afformentioned $100 in the toilet. Flush. Watch the hundred disappear. If doing that doesn't bother you, then you should go find someone selling them for $300 and get it as fast as you can.

20. mickey987

mickey987 Limp Gawd

No way! If you're going to waste a hundred dollars like that, you might as well have fun with it! Examples could include burning it infront of some ones face, ripping it in half in front of some ones face or even super-glueing it onto the cement and see how many people try to rip it off the ground.

Anyway, I remember back in October when everyone thought that these boards would be out by early December at the latest. Now it's almost the New Year and I see none locally. I'm not expecting to see any of these boards till late January. Phreak, would you happen to know anything about the Gigabyte K8NXP-9 or even the SLI version? I'm really interested in those two products right now.

Hey, I'm 15 too! Wow, there sure a lot of 15 year olds here...My mom and my bigger bro are pitching in thirds to pay for the computer. Which is all good, I'm still saving up for my third though but I'm also wasting it as I go along with Movies and all that.

21. poach

poach [H]Lite

I know exactly how you feel Hardwarephreak, exept in my situation I was waiting for a game - Halo2 :mad:

22. Schro

Schro [H]ardness Supreme

hardwarephreak- Since you're in Florida, this means you're probably dealing with mostly Atlanta distributors, right? We're having the same trouble getting any sort of firm date out of any distributor there, so its looking more like end of Janurary for us to be able to get the boards (we're a small shop though). Remember Monarch buys lots of stuff from Atlanta distys, and the sales reps and managers at the distributors have a tendancy to automatically shove all hot products to Monarch without giving anyone else a chance (this has been happening with 6800GT's too- we've managed to get enough, but it usually involves back ordering them into oblivion and then cancelling the amount we don't need). I'm curious as to which distributors you're dealing with on this, although I'd understand if my PM box isn't lit up that information ;)

23. penelope

penelope [H]Lite

at this point, i'm kind of considering waiting for the DFI board... :\

24. Decelerate

Decelerate Limp Gawd

ditto, December/March is big, but Mid-End-of-Jan/March really feels like a breeze.

Hopefully they can pull it out by February. And hopefully there will be one clear-cut winner, DFI or not, and not a bunch of good but not all the way there boards.

And I wonder when Shuttle will announce/release an Ultra solution...

25. Moses08

Moses08 n00b

26. BigGreenMat

BigGreenMat Limp Gawd

Well my Board just shipped at a charge of $227 not terrible, but about $25 overpaid. Still can't wait to play!!

27. Burke Hamblin

Burke Hamblin 2[H]4U

Ah man I just want the MSI non-SLI board...

28. empower64

empower64 Limp Gawd

nf4 with sli and ddr2 is nice if u have no budget, but if ure a gamer counting ure money and good amd64 socket 754 with atleast a gig of 3200 or up and a top of the line agp card is still damn fast

29. Burke Hamblin

Burke Hamblin 2[H]4U

^^ Well, that was pretty much completely immaterial to the thread!

30. hardwarephreak

Good news...I have them coming in...not I think, or maybe...FOR SURE.

Price is still a very low $200. ( Man I just love that price :D )

I have 11 left over after preorders. I will be going through everyone that has contacted me to put one on hold just in case I had some leftover. I will be contacting those of you within the next day or so. I will post if I have any that are not spoken for tomorrow.

They shipped freight from my vendor. Which means that if the guy driving the truck wants to make his deliveries on New Years Eve, then I will have them tomorrow, although, no one (UPS and Fed Ex) are picking up tomorrow. Either way boards will be shipping on Monday afternoon.

Sorry they are late, but they are getting here.... :D

31. BizKit123

BizKit123 n00b

Neah... Couldn't wait any longer, got me an Asus A8N SLI. Damn thing cost 275.

32. vxspiritxv

vxspiritxv [H]ard|Gawd

AWW DON'T TEASE!
    must...have...one.... pm sent! heh :D

33. Jazzy jeff

Jazzy jeff n00b

Zipzoomfly.com has asus SLI boards in stock for $229 (including free 2nd day air)

34. BizKit123

BizKit123 n00b

35. Burke Hamblin

Burke Hamblin 2[H]4U

^^^ WTF is with that link? LOL

36. blink182prj

blink182prj [H]Lite

I'm confused...are these SLI or Ultra boards for $200?

37. hardwarephreak

To answer a couple questions real quick before I have to head out..

1. Yes, I do get some stock from Atlanta branches...in fact I got this order from an Atlanta branch. They were the first ones with a SKU and a price that wasn't laughable. But I get alot of inventory from the West Coast (gotta love free shipping) and i get a good bit from Miami and Jacksonville. I don't pay shipping from any of my vendors due to the amount of business I do, so it really boils down to where it is and what does it cost.

2. I have seen limited info on the Gigabyte boards. Some SKUs have been updated, but it isn't a board that I am looking to carry so I haven't been paying much attention to it.

3. I am keeping any eye out for the MSI, and I have a couple reps looking to snag me a few if and when they arrive, but it looks like the Asus will be the available board for now.

4. Yes, these are the SLI boards and not the Ultras. $200 will net you a A8N SLI Deluxe.........................................................if there are any left :p

38. vxspiritxv

vxspiritxv [H]ard|Gawd

Wonder how much the Tyan S2895 will cost and when it will be out. :eek: :D
    Edit: Also called Thunder K8WEX

39. Schro

Schro [H]ardness Supreme

Tech.E's Computer Outlets (circa Atlanta, GA) picked up a small handful of the boards and have them available @ 239.95.

40. gamekid

gamekid Gawd

hardwarephreak ,

will u be doing this for all the nf4 SLI boards that will come out? because im looking forward to not only the msi board but also what DFI is gonna bring. i dont like the ASUS board, imo.