NFL Fines 49ers Quarterback $10K for Wearing Beats Headphones

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
We told you last week that the NFL banned the wearing of Beats headphones anywhere in camera range due to an exclusivity clause with Bose. The first test of this new rule fell to no other than Colin Kaepernick of the 49ers.

Today's development comes less than one week after the NFL confirmed to Re/code that players and coaches are not allowed to wear headphone products during interviews other than those made by Bose.

Shoulda been fined a ton more than that, simply on the grounds of terrible taste in audio gear.

And fined an additional amount for not only playing for the niners, but being a punk as well...

Shoulda been fined a ton more than that, simply on the grounds of terrible taste in audio gear.

Yes because Peyton Manning just believes that Papa John's pizza is such a high quality tasty pizza and in no way is doing it just for the money.

100% guarantee that Apple picked up on the tab on this, because just look at how many news stories popped out on this. $10k for that kind of advertising? It's a god damn bargain!

Beats / Apple should make a commercial showing Kaepernick stepping on and crushing a pair of Bose headphones before this free publicity fades away.

Not like the craps they listen to is really music anyway, it's more like random thuds scattered with obscenities.

Just read between the lines.

It says Quote between the lines...
You're point?

Seriously though, it's a bs fine.
The only time the players should be subject to this rule is on field during games or on field post game interviews. If a guy is in the locker room he should be safe, after all, the deal is with the NFL, not the players. If a player or coach wants to wear a POS headset when not on the field more power to them.

Beats / Apple should make a commercial showing Kaepernick stepping on and crushing a pair of Bose headphones before this free publicity fades away.

Ok, work with me here, but how about the same commercial, but with Ray Rice.:D

For now on, I will not buy any thing worn by a professional player of any sports. A company that sells a quality products do not need the support of illiterate sport players and/or superficial celebrities. ;)

For now on, I will not buy any thing worn by a professional player of any sports. A company that sells a quality products do not need the support of illiterate sport players and/or superficial celebrities. ;)

Funny thing is the #1 headphone I still see on TV is the Sony MDR-7506 ("Professional" version of MDR-V6) and not because Sony paid anyone, but because they have been the standard for broadcasting/production for over 20 years. I have a pair and they aren't my main cans anymore but they are damn good for what they are.

Yes because Peyton Manning just believes that Papa John's pizza is such a high quality tasty pizza and in no way is doing it just for the money.

100% guarantee that Apple picked up on the tab on this, because just look at how many news stories popped out on this. $10k for that kind of advertising? It's a god damn bargain!

You do know Peyton owns like 16 Papa John's in Colorado right?

Oops can't edit and someone beat me to it with a bigger number of franchises.

Pretty sure he gets paid more than $10k every time he is on film wearing beats.

Pretty sure he gets paid more than $10k every time he is on film wearing beats.

I doubt the NFL even really gives a shit, the 10k fine was probably just their quick & easy attempt at trying to appease the rage coming from Bose's marketing department.

1. 10K for a QB = pocket change.
2. Wore pink headphones for his grandmother for cancer awareness.

Can't he just do what TV shows do and tape over the logo? Or is Bose banning the very shape/design of the competition?

1. 10K for a QB = pocket change.
2. Wore pink headphones for his grandmother for cancer awareness.

Depends on the QB. 70% of NBA and NFL players are in bankruptcy within 2 years of joining their respective major league.

Do people seriously buy shit just for branding or how popularly expensive it is? How does that help you as a person?

Depends on the QB. 70% of NBA and NFL players are in bankruptcy within 2 years of joining their respective major league.

sounds like 70% of players need to learn to live within their means and not spend like they're superstar counterparts.

Their minimum salary is around $400k. If you go bankrupt with that you should have paid attention in school, oh wait.

Do people seriously buy shit just for branding or how popularly expensive it is? How does that help you as a person?

A) Yes. Srsly. It works. It is why The Fonz is now hawking "reverse mortgages" during daytime TV.

2) If you have to ask, you probably aren't buying.

People like him don't care about audio quality.

It's an image/status thing. Dr. Dre makes them and they are expensive.
Anyways you're not going to find many high quality closed headphones.Most of them will break your neck if you tried moving around too much with them on.

You do know Peyton owns like 16 Papa John's in Colorado right?

And you do know that my statement still holds water, he's doing it for money, he can put his face on a product get cash from Papa Johns (don't be naive and think he's doing this for free) and him owning the product in question means he gets a cut of the pie (so to speak). "Oh hey our QB has pizza places, we should support him by buying pizzas there!"

Peyton is hardly the first athlete to purchase a bunch of franchise locations.

And you do know that my statement still holds water, he's doing it for money, he can put his face on a product get cash from Papa Johns (don't be naive and think he's doing this for free) and him owning the product in question means he gets a cut of the pie (so to speak). "Oh hey our QB has pizza places, we should support him by buying pizzas there!"

His Papa John's and Gatorade commercials are comedy gold.

Came into the thread looking for NFL players beating female jokes. Can't believe I am leaving empty handed. For shame [H]

These don't make the majority. For all of those cases I put in they have been dealt with already.

As for role models, I don't want sports people being role models for my kids.

Some sports figures make great role models. That being said, it's not their job to be role models. I don't get where this whole idea of 'you must be a role model simply because you are famous' came from.

Some sports figures make great role models. That being said, it's not their job to be role models. I don't get where this whole idea of 'you must be a role model simply because you are famous' came from.

Of course it's their job to be a role model. Where do you think the money they earn comes from?

Let's take the NFL for an example. The NFL splits the $6 billion it earned this year equally between the 32 teams. Some of that money is earned from ticket sales, but most of that money was earned through sponsorships and television deals. The television stations earn most of the money they pay to NFL by selling advertisements. The companies that buy these advertisements like their products to be sponsored by people who aren't violent psychopaths that drag their unconscious fiancee out of the elevator or whip their 5-year-old child's scrotum bloody.

The companies that buy these advertisements like their products to be sponsored by people who aren't violent psychopaths that drag their unconscious fiancee out of the elevator or whip their 5-year-old child's scrotum bloody.

I think you forgot how corporations operate. They do not care so long as nothing affects the companies image in a negative manner.

I think you forgot how corporations operate. They do not care so long as nothing affects the companies image in a negative manner.

If you've been watching the news in the USA...NFL players felonies have been tier 1 top-news-stories-of-the-day for the last few weeks.

For all you know he is doing it for free for the advertising. Everyone does something for the money. What you are not looking at is he is doing it for when he doesn't have the nfl money coming in. I am sure you don't have a 401k or any other retirement plan the way you are talking.

Back