nf-m2 nview no signal, big problem

Cyrinn

n00b
Thought I could share my experience thus far with this new item. Hope this can help some people out there (including myself!).

Just picked up this mobo and assembled my system (for gaming, movies, storage):

nview of course
thermaltake tr2 500w
amd athlon 3800 orleans
Crucial 2x1GB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148017
seagate 80GB 7200rpm hdd
coolermaster mini tower (love this case so far)

Assembled it all and no signal to monitor through both onboard vga and dvi ports. The red light comes on when PSU is on, green light comes on when I start the machine along with all the fans. I tried it all, barebones boot, each part at a time and same result (or lack thereof). Is this board supposed to beep because I have never had a beep even with no ram, etc. installed. Can this be the processor or the board? The proc doesn't get warm, but the heatsinks on the board do. I have not owned a desktop for over 5 years (only notebooks) so I don't have any spare parts I can swap in to pinpoint a possibly faulty one. I have been troubleshooting this as best as I can all day without any luck so I was hoping someone here could help me out. I heard the SFF people were the smartest.... ;)

Oh man, it finally booted and all I did was reseat ram and HSF (with new goop). I guess the ram wasn't seated properly....or the computer gods smiled upon me. Hope it boots again once I put it all back together.

let us know. The RAM was probably the problem...the heatsink wouldn't cause a beep.
Now you can take back all the mean evil things you said about the board :p

Haha, yes I repent!

Apparently this board likes its Crucial all the way in :eek:

Loading windows.....

Back