Nexus S free today W/2 year contract

my thunderbolt. paid outright no contract.

honest question: why? why not just get the subsidized price... its not like you can take your thunderbolt to any other carrier any way.....

You do with Tmobile.

this is true, t-mobile offers fairly decent pre-paid plans with unlimited internet if you supply your own phone.... I will probably switch to them if my sweet $10 unlimited data plan with AT&T ever dies

I have my service running on Sprint's network. My unlimited talk/text/data plan is credited back to me every month so I don't pay for my cell service at this time. Anyone can do this. Granted I don't have the latest and greatest smartphone but you have to PAY dearly to play that game.

There is a government subsidized plan that gives low income people a free KYOCERA JAX (caps for emphasis) with 250 minutes per month.

Last I read, that plan isn't free unlimited anything at all.

And the phone sucks. No BT, no MP3, no camera.

Just picked one up on a upgrade at Best Buy for the gf.

It's her first smart phone and she is loving it so far.

The store was packed full of people trying to buy one.

honest question: why? why not just get the subsidized price... its not like you can take your thunderbolt to any other carrier any way.....

The option to say "fuck you" and not pay a termination fee. But I had no problems with Verizon, unlike AT&T :rolleyes:

I got my GF's HTC hero upgraded to this. We both use sprint because we get a work discount. Its nice to keep things rollin without having to pay $200 bucks for something relatively new.

I ended up biting. My Nexus One was falling apart after a couple of self repairs. I miss not having a contract, and I have 30 days to change my mind.

<quote deleted>

There is nothing about this that sounds remotely legit.

It's called a pyramid scheme and you should have your account banned for trying to run it here. Seriously?

And don't PM me again if you're looking for a mark to scam.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing about this that sounds remotely legit.

It's called a pyramid scheme and you should have your account banned for trying to run it here. Seriously?

And don't PM me again if you're looking for a mark to scam.

I can't blame you for being so defensive. I can understand even if your 100% wrong. After all it is the Internet. Some deal/concept can either be believed right off the bat or dismissed as BS. First, you got a PM only notifying you that I submitted a reply. Nothing more.

Second, I don't post details because of these exact reactions. Even if the truth was starring them right in the face many people wouldn't take the time to read it. There are too many skeptics ( I was one of them) out there. There are a lot more players in the wireless market than people realize. They can dictate and negotiate their own deals and terms. Apparently, anything that is beneficial but comes from a referral is deleted by the mods. Sad, but part of the policy. It looks like my first post was deleted describing how to get free wireless service.

Even if Verizon announced that every customer that referred 5 people to Verizon would then get free service for life AND have their bill slashed in half would be deleted in the Hot Deals forum. Essentially, that's what is being offered. There were probably 120 people that just got free wireless service for August 2011.

A good resource for the news in the Telecom / Wireless Industry is http://www.channelpartnersonline.com/

Last edited:
Even if Verizon announced that every customer that referred 5 people to Verizon would then get free service for life AND have their bill slashed in half would be deleted in the Hot Deals forum.

Hot Deals is lame like that, why should a buyer miss a sale just because it benefits someone else? There should at least be a referral section.

Hot Deals is lame like that, why should a buyer miss a sale just because it benefits someone else? There should at least be a referral section.

Agreed. I bet one existed before and HARDOCP is maybe trying to protect themselves legally because of some guy that got burnt and was all sue happy and decided to go after a website for steering them into his own failed decision. Or it could that they were left out of the money loop.

I wouldn't be able to post a referral link to a computer store that would give you a $70 online discount for a Corsair SSD drive either. Some people lose out.

LOL at anyone can get free service. Seriously sprint would be out of business if that was happening. I mean really though who doesn't plan on using the service when they get a phone. If sprint has good serivce in your area, why not just stick with them and save money on the phone. I kinda dont get people justifying how contracts are evil and are the worst deal ever. Yes there is a way of getting 25% off on your monthly bill, but I dont know about free, kinda sounds bull unless your work is paying for your bill.

This sort of deal is to late for the Nexus S. They released an outdated phone and then have great deals on it. This would have been competitive a year ago, but now with dual core phones and quad cores just over the horizon, these single core phones (despite getting the latest from google) just don't cut it.

The option to say "fuck you" and not pay a termination fee. But I had no problems with Verizon, unlike AT&T :rolleyes:

SO buying thunderbolt out right is any cheaper then paying subsidized price with ETF? It actually ends up being the same amount.

I have not been without a cell phone for like 6 years so, I really dont think people that are going to have a cell phone no matter what is worth not signing a contract.

Under most instances selling the phone that you get with a 2 year contract pays the ETF.

LOL at anyone can get free service. Seriously sprint would be out of business if that was happening.
Less than .00015% of wireless subscribers know how to do this. There are around 290 million wireless subscribers. So the big 3 aren't too worried about it right now.

As more pre-paid contracts come out even from the big 3 carriers it really shows how ridiculous your subscriber monthly cost is for post-paid deals. Hey, you got to have the shiny new phone though. Right....? :) Most people don't know anything different.

According to a the NMRC (New Millennium Research Council) a Washington, D.C. think tank prepaid plans will account for 1 out of 4 wireless subscriptions at the end of 2011. LINK

The biggest game changer is that smartphones are now available for the pre-paid plans. Prior to this pre-paid really did have shitty phones.

Millions more will switch in 2012. That will really get the big 3 worried and start offering more competitive pre-paid subscriptions.

ABOUT NMRC
Created in 1999, the New Millennium Research Council is a Washington, D.C. think tank. The work of
NMRC focuses primarily on the fields of telecommunications and technology. The contributors to NMRC reports develop workable, real-world solutions to the issues and challenges confronting policymakers.

Last edited:
Agreed. I bet one existed before and HARDOCP is maybe trying to protect themselves legally because of some guy that got burnt and was all sue happy and decided to go after a website for steering them into his own failed decision. Or it could that they were left out of the money loop.

I wouldn't be able to post a referral link to a computer store that would give you a $70 online discount for a Corsair SSD drive either. Some people lose out.

Lol, Just keep running the scams bud.

And Lethal, sorry about that, I meant to remove the quoted scam earlier.

Lol, Just keep running the scams bud.

And Lethal, sorry about that, I meant to remove the quoted scam earlier.

everything is a scam!

one time, i got a whole year of really good web hosting for $10, but it gave the referrer a free month. SCAM! should seen that scam comin :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back